Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:00 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,690,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
LOL,and those deluded by religious indoctrination believe that out of nothing there was GOD who suddenly 'popped' everything into existence!
That "something" that triggered the big bang is what we've labeled "God". I don't think the "Presence" conforms to any particular religious doctrine. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 04:46 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,097,810 times
Quote:
LOL,and those deluded by religious indoctrination believe that out of nothing there was GOD who suddenly 'popped' everything into existence! Sounds exactly the same as the big bang theory to me!
I believe in science. The Big Bang was not the beginning. The Big Bang theory is that everything compressed into a single point and then exploded again. Where did the material come from?

90% of the earths population believe in a supreme being that created everything.

You're in a great minority.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:48 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,097,810 times
BTW....God does not mean religion.

Religion is a man made establishment for people to honor our creator.

I happen to be a Deist at this point in my life.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:04 AM

89,418 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm confused. there is a segment of the right wing who detest the public education system and want the whole thing scrapped for vouchers and private education and home schooling.
This same segment take great offense at the Michelle Obama healthy school lunch program.
Yet this same bunch want to teach creationism in all public schools and want to establish religion as a federal mandate in public schools.
Hate to break it to you but the concept of a Creator is taught in public schools every time a class studies the Declaration of Independence:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

Old 06-22-2014, 05:09 AM

89,418 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Many liberals don't believe in God because there is no concrete evidence. But liberals (do) follow all the philosophies of Jesus, from helping the poor
What utter BS.

Let's take a look at how much "income inequality" queen Elizabeth Warren gave to charity from her and her husband's nearly $1 million income...

...One presidential-level fight that likely won’t be echoed here: charitable donations. Neither candidate stands out as a charitable giver. Last year Brown gave 3.2 percent of his income to charity; Warren gave 2.8 percent."

Scott Brown, Elizabeth Warren release tax returns - The Washington Post

Warren is a hypocrite. All populist talk; no action. Like many liberals.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,816,048 times
Quote:
I am admittedly 100% anti-religion,and your use of the word "indoctrinated" to describe public school teaching just really struck me as odd,since that is EXACTLY what Christian parents and schools do to young minds! Brainwash them while they're young.

And its the church instead of the teacher's union who covers up abuse scandals in their schools/churches.
So basically you're admitting that you are 100% anti-religion? You view the premise of 6B of the 7B people on earth who hold religious views as nonsense?

Parents who teach their children to hold compassionate and forgiveness views are the ones indoctrinating?

Teachers have replaced Catholic Priests for the top spot in child abuse, yet you still blame religion for the sins?

Are you mad?

There's simply no end to the lunacy in this place.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:16 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
But it's good to send them to a Christian school[where teachers are often abusers/molesters,who are also protected in the system] to have them "indoctrinated" into believing in a mythical invisible spirit being?

Can you see God in this picture?[click on picture]
Another attempt at demonizing entire groups simply because you disagree with them.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lefties are advocates for the magical "pop theory" where all we see just popped into existence one day.

Don't try calling me out on evolution....I'm a strong believer in the theory of evolution.

That being said, that which was not created cannot possibly evolve.
There are many "lefties" that believe in a higher being of some sort.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:24 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,870,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I believe in science. The Big Bang was not the beginning. The Big Bang theory is that everything compressed into a single point and then exploded again. Where did the material come from?

90% of the earths population believe in a supreme being that created everything.

You're in a great minority.
After decades of being an evangelical Christian,and studying the bible,plus real world events,my life philosophy is now Naturalism/Humanism [Naturalism is "the idea or belief that only natural (as opposed to supernatural or spiritual) laws and forces operate in the world...the idea or belief that nothing exists beyond the natural world."]

When one considers how many children are indoctrinated from birth with religious doctrine,it is totally understandable how the brainwashed and deluded are the vast majority,and also not surprising how upon self study and adulthood so many 'leave the faith'!

The myth of gods and eternal life,exits solely because of man's fear of death.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,940,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I guess it all depends on who the audience is that's in front of him at any given moment.

How does that differentiate him from any other politician?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies