Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 05:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Typical wacko response. "I don't believe you, therefore you are a nut".

I think we know who is the nutty one.
It depends on where one gets their conclusions from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 06:05 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The trumpeted consensus you speak of doesn't, and never has, existed.

1930s photos show Greenland glaciers retreating faster than today

There are real pictures in there you can see.

Global warming predictions proven wrong 97.4% of the time

Fact is I've been looking over the last 30 years and haven't found a single instance where just one of the global warming predictions has proven right.

Of of this consensus you speak of it's never existed!

Report: There is no 97 percent global warming consensus

How come I haven't heard much lately about drowning polar bears and the breakup of the Antarctic Ice Sheet?

Study: West Antarctic Glacier Melt Due To Volcanoes, Not Global Warming
If the warming believers were so McCarthy like they'd be funny.

Climate McCarthyism claims yet another victim

Here is a little more of your consensus

Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is 'Nonsense'

Countless. Never ending times.

The problem with this is that's it's become a political thing and scientific things should never be political. But the left made it political and having invested so much into the scam they can not allow to let it go so will use anything in their power to silences critics which includes outright lying and the faking of data.

They will do something childish like pointing to a silly tabloid headline declaring "if they publish it it's believed by nutjobs and people who shop lift!: but when it gets published in The Telegraph The scandal of fiddled global warming data it's ignored.

As more people laugh at the the warmists get ever more strident to the point of being outright silly.

With all the ice disappearing in the Arctic all I can say is we should be thankful the ice finally disappeared from Lake Superior on May 28th.
Still no valid evidence to refute AGW, huh....Blogs and media opinions is exactly what I expected....Still waiting for that peer reviewed scientific paper....

Old 06-23-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Third warmest" because they lowered the 20th century average.

"Above the 20th century average" because they fudged the numbers.

"Sixth warmest" because the original numbers have been reduced.

It's all a scam...

NOAA/GHCN “homogenization” falsified climate declines into increases « Hot Air
Well at least that blog is well named....Hot air is all you deniers have.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Typical wacko response. "I don't believe you, therefore you are a nut".

I think we know who is the nutty one.
Show me your evidence, then we'll talk.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:22 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have come across a number of people here who don't even think climate change is real.
You're misinterpreting what people are saying. Everyone knows that the climate has changed, is changing and will change in the future. The debate is over how much and why.

Regarding how much, the Global Warming models that were used while I was in college predicting all manner of doom and gloom have all been either horrendously exaggerated or deceitful falsehoods. Can you show that there have been any negative consequences of Global Warming to date if we assume that all of the Global Warming is caused by human activity?

As to why the climate is changing, do you have confidence that "Scientists" are able to separate the vast causes of climate changes irrespective of man's activities from those caused by man's activities? If so, why have the "Scientists" Global Warming Models so often been incorrect and overstated?

I've gone from being among the gullible believers to being a skeptic due to seeing how wrong these models have been. I do try to limit my "carbon footprint" by a large solar array and riding my bike as much as possible. I just now a skeptic.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Still no valid evidence to refute AGW, huh....Blogs and media opinions is exactly what I expected....Still waiting for that peer reviewed scientific paper....
Post a link of a credible source that refutes life, of any kind, on Saturn.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:50 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
NOAA doesn't deny changing the numbers, but how many warmers have a clue about what they did or how it impacted the existing temperature record?

Here's the official line of ****...

GHCN-Monthly Version 3 | GHCN Monthly | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
So, what's the idea here? That the NOAA's nefariously adjusting the numbers and forgot to not say as much on its website? That the scientific community was using adjusted numbers and never realized it? Or maybe that the adjustments are actually justified, as per the NOAA's explanation?

By the way, there are dozens of independent temperature series that show warming trends, so even if the NOAA were somehow secretly publicly maladjusting its numbers, it would just mean the NOAA was an outlier to everyone else's data which still shows warming.

But whatever, I know the answer. It's the usual "it's all a giant conspiracy that is incredibly coordinated and well-crafted by geniuses who are so dumb they forgot to not tell us what they were doing but smart enough to encode it so only my crafty fellow skeptics realized what they were publicly saying".

Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have come across a number of people here who don't even think climate change is real.
I have never talked with anyone or heard anyone say climate change is not real.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
They're just parroting what they heard on Hannity or trying to appeal to a couple of the radical right-wing members on here.
Hannity does not deny climate change. Try you insult another way.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I wonder how many times global warming believers can be wrong before they are no longer regarded as science....
AGW alarmists are the poster child for anti science. They prefer speculation to science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies