Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 01:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,313,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Except that there's cold hard proof of all of those things actually happening and Democrats are delusional enough to believe their handlers when told to ignore it. Liberalism is still a mental disorder apparently brought on my a lack of oxygen or reality to the brain.
There is no proof. Again conservatives are very much over reaching in their voter suppression efforts that prove to awake Americans how much conservatives hate and don't want those that they hate to vote and are willing to use conspiracies about rampant but yet unproven voter fraud as the justification.

The core of conservatism is about exclusion.

conservatives seek to have those they see as out groups excluded from being served by their own government, and preventing those people from voting or registering to vote or limiting voting hours or early voting is how conservatives are attempting to enact those beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,237,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The lack of addressing what is written is a very common trait amongst conservatives.

These questions are irrelevant if you think everyone has a right to vote. How much they know, how much they don't know is subjective and therefore irrelevant.

To vote a citizen doesn't have to take a test or prove how much they know. That's been ruled illegal.

So using those kinds of beliefs as the basis to not support making voting easier and allows more people to vote doesn't make sense because actual voters don't have pass any tests to vote only meet the eligibility requirements.

All those questions prove is my point that conservatives don't support legislation that makes it easier to register to vote or to actually vote because conservatives don't think a huge percentage of Americans should vote.
"Democracy demands an educated and informed electorate." Thomas Jefferson
If you want to argue with Jefferson who I would imagine was more intelligent than you and I combined, feel free.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM

46,403 posts, read 27,265,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Wait … my "links aren't correct"? Dozens of news reports of the Tea Party BOASTING about its plans means my "links aren't correct"???

Oh, my. I thought I was talking to a grownup here, or at least someone whose first language is English. My apologies.
Nope, none of that stuff has happened, has it?

There is a lot of speculation going on that they may do it...they may not do it, either......

15,047 posts, read 8,904,517 times
Quote:
Wait … my "links aren't correct"? Dozens of news reports of the Tea Party BOASTING about its plans means my "links aren't correct"???
The poster you're responding to doesn't understand what "they were thwarted from carrying out their planned intimidation" means.

Quote:
Oh, my. I thought I was talking to a grownup here, or at least someone whose first language is English. My apologies.
I make that mistake here on C-D all the time. Then I get posters like the ones in this thread who remind me.

5,563 posts, read 4,275,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So 2 members of a known black racist hate group carry weapons outside of a polling place while hurling racists slurs at people trying to vote until the police show up and you can't think of anything better than to blame old white people?
Hurl racist slurs? Never happened. But your ability to cut and paste from RWNJ websites is duly noted.

UPDATED: Manufactured scandal: Right wing's phony allegations against the Justice Department | Research | Media Matters for America
Quote:
No voters have come forward to claim that they were intimidated from voting on account of the New Black Panthers standing outside the polling center in 2008;

Black Panthers | Main Justice
Quote:
The election-day videotape does not record any racial epithets. But the Southern Poverty Law Center has categorized the New Black Panther Party as a hate group for its anti-white rhetoric. Attempts to reach the D.C.-based organization were unsuccessful.
BTW, did anyone else know this about the Southern Poverty Law Center that RWNJs hate so much? Lookie, they classified the Black Panthers as a hate group for being anti-white!

[Thud]

That's the sound of SPLC haters everywhere falling over in a dead faint.

8,391 posts, read 6,313,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is that the same as "well it only happened a few times" so it's not really that bad....

Cause that is what you are supporting...good job!
No it's the conservatives have ugly beliefs about millions of their fellow Americans, don't believe in representative government that serves all citizens, and conservatives are seeking to exclude those Americans from the politics process.

And as justification for their ugly beliefs about fellow Americans and their ugly anti democratic goals, conservatives are labeling those Americans they hate as cheaters who are stealing elections.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,275,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
If you want to argue with Jefferson who I would imagine was more intelligent than you and I combined, feel free.
If you think Jefferson, of all people, wanted to restrict voting rights (at least from white people), you are sadly mistaken.

That quote's purpose was to encourage people to be educated, not to restrict voting rights to the folks you like best.

People who use the Founders' quotes out of context could use some education themselves, I suppose.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,904,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You realize that would disenfranchise most Tea Partiers from voting, using that definition, right?

Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No it's the conservatives have ugly beliefs about millions of their fellow Americans, don't believe in representative government that serves all citizens, and conservatives are seeking to exclude those Americans from the politics process.

And as justification for their ugly beliefs about fellow Americans and their ugly anti democratic goals, conservatives are labeling those Americans they hate as cheaters who are stealing elections.
It's been proven numerous times that people have voted over and over in the same election....

Why do you promote that?

You can use all the words....ugly blah blah blah you want...but you are wrong and have zero to back anything up......

Old 06-24-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You realize that would disenfranchise most Tea Partiers from voting, using that definition, right?
Says the peson who supports the black panthers at a polling place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies