Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:50 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
So according to you politically correct liberals Michelle should be booted out of the WH.

Look what you did to Sterling you ran him out of town.

First Lady Uses Racial Slur And Gets Away With It | The Daily Caller
My first reaction is "Who the h*ll cares?". But you're right...given the rabid reaction to the Sterling comment from a large number of politically correct nutjobs, it's a fair question. Would be interesting to go back to the Sterling thread and compare comment from the same posters in the two different threads.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Ohh I see.
That must be why it's ok for black people to call each other the "N" word.

Gotcha
Yeah...it is ok. What do you care?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
My first reaction is "Who the h*ll cares?". But you're right...given the rabid reaction to the Sterling comment from a large number of politically correct nutjobs, it's a fair question. Would be interesting to go back to the Sterling thread and compare comment from the same posters in the two different threads.
SMH...unbelievable.

You guys are completely impervious to reality.

This isn't a Sterling thread, but his own business partners want him GONE! Why don't you take it up with them?

Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,268,303 times
Quote:
Ohh I see.

Gotcha
I don't know why -- and of course you know that's not what I said -- and furthermore, I don't presume to tell minorities what they think, unlike the conservatives on this forum.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:57 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,592,989 times
Quote:
Ohh I see.

Gotcha
Its not ok, but you also dont rule other people's lives.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I haven't heard anyone say that in decades....not in person anyway.

I've heard it in entertainment, but that's about it.

"Jewed" has gone out with honky....not to mention that they just make you sound like an idiot when you say it.

It's amazing how time can impact the meaning of words. Mitigating some and making others more powerful.

What about Afro-engineered being PC for N*gger rigged?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,608,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What about...

I Jewed him down on his price.
It's frowned on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Going Dutch? Again, no one on the planet even thinks about the root of that idiom.
Actually, I'm guessing English and Dutch people might be more aware of the origin. Although Dutch people might not be familiar with the idiom itself.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
It's not a racial slur. People should grow up.
NO KIDDING !!!!!!!! Who hasn't said that word and who even knew it was derived from the word Gypsy ??? I didn't. It must be hell to live under a microscope and have every little word you say picked apart by people on the other side of the political fence.

If any person on this earth has not made some little verbal misstep in their life I have yet to meet that person. Grow up people.

I saw a video where Obama swatted and killed a fly that was bothering him. I bet PETA is up in arms over that one ! Puleeze !

Don

Old 06-25-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What about Afro-engineered being PC for N*gger rigged?
That would just make me laugh my ass off if i heard it. LMAO

Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
It's frowned on.

Actually, I'm guessing English and Dutch people might be more aware of the origin. Although Dutch people might not be familiar with the idiom itself.
I don't even think "going Dutch" is derogatory. It's actually hilarious when you think about it.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Gyp is a slur in origin, but most Americans don't know that. For one thing, most of us are only vaguely familiar with the concept of Gypsies. I try not to use it, but I wouldn't sweat its use by other people. Like "going Dutch" and "welching on a bet", it's a term that has largely become disassociated from its origins, at least in America.
So "going Dutch" is a racial slur?

Wow that is a first time...I'm Dutch and we always saw that as a joke that we have like we have over there Belgium kind of jokes and jokes about Dutch people not wasting any money which can be seen as a compliment.

You can't compare that to a remark about gypsies since that is meant in a different way and even though I don't want to make to much about what Michelle stated since I don't take much serious she is saying or doing but respect her to be the temporary First Lady...this was not meant in a positive or joking way.

To me the IRSgate, VAgate, Benghazigate and terrorist deserter case are way more important and other foreign issues will be something that the White House can't get away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies