Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A good example why we need to decriminalize a number of drugs in this country that should be treated as misdemeanor. If this guy was involved in a violent confrontation then it might be a different story.

Screw decriminalization! It is a band aid. Decriminalization is NOT legalization and therefore still keeps the black market surrounding said substances (cannabis being one of them) in play, and in control. There is no rhyme or reason for cannabis especially to continue to be illegal, cultivated, or consumed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 11:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Screw decriminalization! It is a band aid. Decriminalization is NOT legalization and therefore still keeps the black market surrounding said substances (cannabis being one of them) in play, and in control. There is no rhyme or reason for cannabis especially to continue to be illegal, cultivated, or consumed!
It depends on the drug. Not all drugs I want to see be legal in this country. Meth is a great example of something that needs to stay illegal.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:28 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
It depends on the drug. Not all drugs I want to see be legal in this country. Meth is a great example of something that needs to stay illegal.
yeah, i agree.

can you imagine this being legal?

Old 06-26-2014, 11:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

I can agree on meth, simply because of the dangerous crude methods in which it's made. It's been told that in cooking meth, one of two things is going to happen... you're going to create one hell of a drug, or one hell of a bomb. Last fall in my neighborhood the DEA shut down a meth lab. Given we live in condos, and they were attached, the fool cooking the s*** could have caused significant damage were it to cause an explosion. Needless to say he is going away for awhile. At the time they raided his house he was cooking it, and there was a 3 year old in the house! I'm not sure if he had his trial or not, but I know for a fact he is still sitting in jail waiting for his trial, given he has a public pretender representing him. Had he been growing several pot plants, nobody would have cared. I know I wouldn't have.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, i agree.

can you imagine this being legal?
The only time I think excessive force is necessary is if it is reacting to a violent event or you could potentially blow a house up making the drug.

Anything else should just be a fine if caught with, and the bottom level drugs like weed should just be legalized and taxed.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Unfortunate that this child must suffer because our government abuses it's power. Your post reflects a pathetic lack of sympathy for people who have suffered from LE abuse of power.
I agree with you. Did you ever read about cops saying that if you roll in the dirt then some of it will get on you? That is true also but so many cops think that it doesn't apply to them as well.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM

864 posts, read 799,817 times
Get used to it people.

Obama has already approved drone strikes on US Citizens without due process. Basically he's allowed you to be murdered based on suspicion, or heck, just because he feels like it, by a drone strike right on top of your head.

The Liberals wanted this, they begged for it, and now they have it. Babies being burned by flash bangs, military style raids, and drones hovering over U.S cities. Go Obama!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:25 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Get used to it people.

Obama has already approved drone strikes on US Citizens without due process. Basically he's allowed you to be murdered based on suspicion, or heck, just because he feels like it, by a drone strike right on top of your head.

The Liberals wanted this, they begged for it, and now they have it. Babies being burned by flash bangs, military style raids, and drones hovering over U.S cities. Go Obama!!!
But we are so much more civilized than those brown people! Hardee har har

Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 PM

864 posts, read 799,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But we are so much more civilized than those brown people! Hardee har har
Yeah. At least those apes in the Taliban will give you a mock trial in front of an Imam before they cut your head off with a rusty blade. They at least fake some sort of due process.

Here in the states you get a drone strike right on top of your head without any warning.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Not sure what Obama has to do with this story at all.
Nothing, unless, of course, the child looks like he could have been his son!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies