Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Climate scientists have not said that warming has stopped, and what does a cold winter in the east USA have to do with AGW?

Global Warming has Not Stopped - Climate Change Weather Blog

‘Global warming stopped in 1998′–Only if you flagrantly cherry pick.... ‘Global warming stopped in 1998′–Only if you flagrantly cherry pick | Grist
There are several links to different areas in my post. You just cherry picked the one you wanted to argue. I am not denying climate change, yet you act like I am.

Please, tell us how much, percentage wise, man has been the cause of global warming. Next, tell us how man will remedy it. Two simple questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you two need to look at the question again. the OP asked

is there global warming where you live.

well where i live, it is summer right now, and thus it is warming, thus there IS global warming where i live.
You have to bear with them; it's a habitual reflex to argue with everything mindlessly.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Here's something interesting. The excuse for the pause of earth warming is because of heat exchange to the oceans. I mean, okay, so the earth was warming until the oceans started absorbing the warmth in 98?

According to TOPEX/Poseidon the GMSL is rising an average of 3.2mm year over the last 23 years.

That is 12.2 inches over the next century.

Al Gore claimed the sea would rise 20 feet by 2100. That's a full 1900% above the actual sea rise.

Consider that much of the ancient worlds coastal cities, all over the world, are now under meters of water.

10 Mysterious Underwater Cities You Haven't Heard Of - Listverse

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...sts-for-years/

http://www.rabbithole2.com/presentat...ties_found.htm

This shows that the sea levels have been raising for several thousand years. Apparently the earth didn't get the memo and started warming before the industrial revolution. It must have been the cow farts.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Apparently, even with all the cow farts common to such a rural area, the Earth is not warming in Alma, Michigan.
It's also not happening where I live, either. Or any other place.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:46 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Here's a neat little tool courtesy of NOAA that provides mean annual temperatures for specific weather stations around the world.

Search | Climate Data Online (CDO) | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

With measuring stations allegedly being moved to warmer areas and more remote stations closing up shop, I thought it would be interesting to see how temperatures have risen (or not) at stations still operating in less developed areas.

If the warmers are correct, stations in rural areas that have never been moved to a warmer area should show warming trends consistent with those that were later moved to large cities or major metropolitan airports.

Since I'm in Michigan, I selected the Alma station.

This station has a series of temperature recordings going back to 1931.

The mean annual temperature at the Alma, Michigan station for 1931 was 50.8 degrees F.

In 1940, it was 47.4 degrees F.

In 1950, it was 46.4 degrees F.

In 1960, it was 49.4 degrees F.

In 1970, it was 47.8 degrees F.

In 1980, it was 44.2 degrees F.

In 1990, it was 48.1 degrees F.

In 2000, it was 47.6 degrees F.

In 2010, it was 48.6 degrees F.

In 2013, it was 44.0 degrees F.

Apparently, even with all the cow farts common to such a rural area, the Earth is not warming in Alma, Michigan.

In the Middle Atlantic area, the average dates of first and last frost are shifting making the growing season longer, certain trees like sugar maples and oaks are dying off and may soon only be found north of the Candian border. Also more Canadian geese are wintering in our area around Chesapeake Bay rather than continue on south to the Carolinas or Gulf. Warming waters in the Chesapeake Bay are leading to lower oxygen levels and have all but destroyed the blue crab fishery and oyster beads that our area was famous for once. If you want to eat crabs here now you will have to be content with crabs flown in from the Phillipines or China. This is what warming is all about.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You have to bear with them; it's a habitual reflex to argue with everything mindlessly.
tell me about it.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Global is not local. Does that make sense? What happens in your individual back garden is NOT global. I guess most of you guys prefer to wait until it is too late. Then you can complain about how noting was done. Stick you head in the sand...

Old 06-27-2014, 09:53 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Here's something interesting. The excuse for the pause of earth warming is because of heat exchange to the oceans. I mean, okay, so the earth was warming until the oceans started absorbing the warmth in 98?

According to TOPEX/Poseidon the GMSL is rising an average of 3.2mm year over the last 23 years.

That is 12.2 inches over the next century.

Al Gore claimed the sea would rise 20 feet by 2100. That's a full 1900% above the actual sea rise.

Consider that much of the ancient worlds coastal cities, all over the world, are now under meters of water.

10 Mysterious Underwater Cities You Haven't Heard Of - Listverse

Ancient City Discovered Underwater Solves Enigma That Puzzled Egyptologists For Years | Collective-Evolution

Ancient underwater cities being found that are 10,000 years old

This shows that the sea levels have been raising for several thousand years. Apparently the earth didn't get the memo and started warming before the industrial revolution. It must have been the cow farts.
Really? A graph from 1993 till 2013 shows that sea level has been rising for several thousand years? Who are you trying to kid?

After a period of approximately 2,000 years of little change global average sea level rose throughout the 20th century, and the rate of change has accelerated in recent years.

Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides & Currents

Old 06-28-2014, 01:16 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When the Iranians get ahold of nukes we'll have global warming. It will be Hell on earth

The warmer are going to say you're fear mongering.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:54 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Here's a neat little tool courtesy of NOAA that provides mean annual temperatures for specific weather stations around the world.

Search | Climate Data Online (CDO) | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

With measuring stations allegedly being moved to warmer areas and more remote stations closing up shop, I thought it would be interesting to see how temperatures have risen (or not) at stations still operating in less developed areas.

If the warmers are correct, stations in rural areas that have never been moved to a warmer area should show warming trends consistent with those that were later moved to large cities or major metropolitan airports.

Since I'm in Michigan, I selected the Alma station.

This station has a series of temperature recordings going back to 1931.

The mean annual temperature at the Alma, Michigan station for 1931 was 50.8 degrees F.

In 1940, it was 47.4 degrees F.

In 1950, it was 46.4 degrees F.

In 1960, it was 49.4 degrees F.

In 1970, it was 47.8 degrees F.

In 1980, it was 44.2 degrees F.

In 1990, it was 48.1 degrees F.

In 2000, it was 47.6 degrees F.

In 2010, it was 48.6 degrees F.

In 2013, it was 44.0 degrees F.

"Average temperatures have climbed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) around the world since 1880."
Global Warming Fast Facts

"By 2100, the average U.S. temperature is projected to increase by about 4°F to 11°F, depending on emissions."
Future Climate Change | Climate Change | US EPA

Notice how my sources above are from National Geographic and the EPA. Can you post a (single) source from any respected publication or scientific group that says global warming is a hoax?
Answer: No you can't.

97% of all climate scientists say "man made global warming is happening." (This source is from NASA.)
Climate Change: Consensus

Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
I live on Earth so....

Yeah, there is global warming where I live.

If you could give some more interesting insights of weather on other planets, I'm rather sure NASA would be very interested in what you have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies