Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,818,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The fact that even you call them illegals automatically makes the a risk , they are illegal
The logic of your position appears lacking. Kindly demonstrate the connection between illegality and health risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The job is immensely popular in many border areas. So that must mean the employer does not change sides? Or that border crossers are not criminal? Or both?
Things like this.

Travesty Against Border Patrol

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I don't know weather to laugh or feel sad at this fear mongering.

Except for one big caveat... Decades and centuries of immigration to the US and there hasn't been a super plague brought by immigrants infecting thousands, then millions. Vaccinations also help prevent the spread of disease. She would know all of this if her specialty was diseases, instead of hormones, and practiced more then she blogs at conservative pundit and world nut daily.

This hysteria was already debunked in 2007. This was probably the most humorous one.
So, you think we should DROP our medical exams for immigrants?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:06 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,233,570 times
Quote:
The logic of your position appears lacking. Kindly demonstrate the connection between illegality and health risk.
The fact that you think illegals , people breaking our laws are not health risk lacks logic

Old 06-29-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The fact that you think illegals , people breaking our laws are not health risk lacks logic
None is required nor suggested. The illegal state has no relationship to health.

Do you hold speeders are sick? Con men have cancer?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:35 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
None is required nor suggested. The illegal state has no relationship to health.

Do you hold speeders are sick? Con men have cancer?
I don't know where you think you are going with this but legal immigrants and citizens normally have health checks whether they be speeders or not. Cancer isn't a communicable desease. When you have millions pouring over our border illegally coming from squalid and unsanitary conditions and that don't have access to healthcare practitioners or don't see them it raises the risks of communicable deseases a great deal. To deny this is beyond comprehension.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Right wing fairy tales yet again?

http://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/OIG_foia_RamosCompean.pdf

Old 06-29-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know where you think you are going with this but legal immigrants and citizens normally have health checks whether they be speeders or not. Cancer isn't a communicable desease. When you have millions pouring over our border illegally coming from squalid and unsanitary conditions and that don't have access to healthcare practitioners or don't see them it raises the risks of communicable deseases a great deal. To deny this is beyond comprehension.
Do you actually get a health check when you cross the border? I have spent significant time in Mexico and then flown back to the US and I received no health check. You mean us gringos are immune to the Mexican bugs? I believe us legal border crossers outnumber the illegal ones.

I am unaware of any law or rationale why a speeder would get his health checked.

We don't have millions sneaking across the border. Perhaps hundreds of thousands over an annual period.

We reasonably require health checks on immigrants to avoid taxing the US health system with new members who are in ill health. Probably be good if we could check new illegals as well but I don't see an obvious mechanism to do that short of legalization.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Do you actually get a health check when you cross the border? I have spent significant time in Mexico and then flown back to the US and I received no health check. You mean us gringos are immune to the Mexican bugs? I believe us legal border crossers outnumber the illegal ones.

I am unaware of any law or rationale why a speeder would get his health checked.

We don't have millions sneaking across the border. Perhaps hundreds of thousands over an annual period.

We reasonably require health checks on immigrants to avoid taxing the US health system with new members who are in ill health. Probably be good if we could check new illegals as well but I don't see an obvious mechanism to do that short of legalization.
When my X-husband came to the US.....he did have to have a health check......it was $200.....about 20 years ago.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
When my X-husband came to the US.....he did have to have a health check......it was $200.....about 20 years ago.
I have entered the US well over 100 times. Probably 20 or 30 of those times accompanied by foreigners. I am not aware of ever having a health check nor of any of the foreigners being subject to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies