Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 03:42 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There have been immigrants diagnosed with swine flu.
The Fed is sending 2000 doses of vaccine to the Texas border.

Any infected people are being quarantined via yellow tape in the detention rooms.

The Feds also say they think they have the scabies under control as well.

well, gosh, I feel better after all the government would never lie to us

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor
if you like your health care, you can keep your health care
the war is over
the terrorists are on the run
the cold war is over, Russia is not threat
the 5 terrorist released is no harm to the US
there is not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS
trust me
jobs are on the way
we have no problem with our economy
RIGHT!!!!
I see pigs flying all over the frigging place
and Obama and his minions keep playing the fiddle while our country is in flames
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 03:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
well, gosh, I feel better after all the government would never lie to us

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor
if you like your health care, you can keep your health care
the war is over
the terrorists are on the run
the cold war is over, Russia is not threat
the 5 terrorist released is no harm to the US
there is not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS
trust me
jobs are on the way
we have no problem with our economy
RIGHT!!!!
I see pigs flying all over the frigging place
and Obama and his minions keep playing the fiddle while our country is in flames
According to the OP there was one child with swine flu. Do you get flu shots? They include H1N1 strains.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:25 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,138,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you think anyone would want a job where the employer will turn in a heartbeat and be on the side of the criminal they were being paid to guard against????
You're being a little misleading with your exaggerations. With the boarder patrol, there have been a few isolated incidents be it the employee fault or not. Every government organization probably has one issue or another. It doesn't change the fact that they employ thousands of workers and many more apply and don't get selected looking for employment. So yes, I do think people want jobs at the US boarder patrol. And my belief is based on facts and not conservative dreams...

Old 06-29-2014, 04:31 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,921 times
Lolz...

BOTH parties are ignoring the illegal problem. Why? Democrats get votes and Republicans get cheap labor for big business. Neither side cares what happens provided they get what they want out of the deal.

That being said, shouldn't people who are concerned about horrible plagues entering this nation SUPPORT the ACA since it makes it more affordable for people to seek treatment before the plague spreads? I know, I know - poor people don't deserve health care, and illegals were never a problem before "Obama" - right...

Old 06-29-2014, 04:52 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,362,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I have entered the US well over 100 times. Probably 20 or 30 of those times accompanied by foreigners. I am not aware of ever having a health check nor of any of the foreigners being subject to one.
What is your immigration status???

He was entering as a permanent resident alien.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
According to the OP there was one child with swine flu. Do you get flu shots? They include H1N1 strains.

yes I get them every year and that has zero to do with what I said

Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I have entered the US well over 100 times. Probably 20 or 30 of those times accompanied by foreigners. I am not aware of ever having a health check nor of any of the foreigners being subject to one.
Just to be clear.....my X-husband had to pass his health check in Honduras before the USA would grant a visa. (green card)

This is when he entered the US legally.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,813,699 times
Quote:
Just to be clear.....my X-husband had to pass his health check in Honduras before the USA would grant a visa. (green card)

This is when he entered the US legally.
And I continue to point out that is designed to keep those who will make heavy demands on the US health system, perhaps state funded in the end, from being allowed to immigrate to the US.

It is not a public health issue.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
And I continue to point out that is designed to keep those who will make heavy demands on the US health system, perhaps state funded in the end, from being allowed to immigrate to the US.

It is not a public health issue.
I think that is true.

I thought you questioned if my X had to have a physical.....he did and was expensive......the whole process was expensive.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,813,699 times
Quote:
I think that is true.

I thought you questioned if my X had to have a physical.....he did and was expensive......the whole process was expensive.
No I understood. But I was trying to get it clear that we do that for reasons other than public health. Hell it is likely a reason that I cannot move to Canada. My wife is a dual so theoretically we could. But I am reasonably old and have a significant set of ailments. While I am quite functional I would never pass an immigration inspection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies