Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I never said that. I said, A parasite will always suck the host dry.

We were not a welfare state.

1921 heading into depression, illegal immigration, along with legal immigration were halted, unions busted, and the size of the federal government and taxes cut 2/3rds, Tariffs were established and it kicked off the most prosperous time in US or any nations history.

Ridding the parasites is just step #1 Hauling them to blue states will let them get the message of what they wish for, down here.

There is a lot more to go, before we get back to Normalcy.
Sometimes you just make SO MUCH SENSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
I never said that. I said, A parasite will always suck the host dry.

We were not a welfare state.

1921 heading into depression, illegal immigration, along with legal immigration were halted, unions busted, and the size of the federal government and taxes cut 2/3rds, Tariffs were established and it kicked off the most prosperous time in US or any nations history.

Ridding the parasites is just step #1 Hauling them to blue states will let them get the message of what they wish for, down here.

There is a lot more to go, before we get back to Normalcy.
So in 1921 we stopped immigration, busted unions, and cut taxes by 2/3. Then in 1930 the "Great Depression" happened.
Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And from 1901-1910 when there were 8,795,386 immigrants nothing negative happened.

What hurts America more, stopping immigration, busting unions, and cutting taxes (or) allowing immigrants to come to America?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
So in 1921 we stopped immigration, busted unions, and cut taxes by 2/3. Then in 1930 the "Great Depression" happened.
Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And from 1901-1910 when there were 8,795,386 immigrants nothing negative happened.

What hurts America more, stopping immigration, busting unions, and cutting taxes (or) allowing immigrants to come to America?

We had an election in 1928. A progressive, Herbert Hover increased expenditures 88% and began micromanaging the economy. Immediate contraction.

Non of those hurt the USA economy or Americans, they make it stronger.

I'll say it again, if you didn't hear me the first time. We were not a welfare state in 1901-1910. We did not have income taxes to pay for the federal public assistance.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
We had an election in 1928. A progressive, Herbert Hover increased expenditures 88% and began micromanaging the economy. Immediate contraction.

I'll say it again, if you didn't hear me the first time. We were not a welfare state in 1901-1910. We did not have income taxes to pay for the federal public assistance.
Economists say the causes of the Great Depression were,
1. Stock Market Crash of 1929
2. Bank Failures
3. Reduction in Purchasing Across the Board
4. American Economic Policy with Europe
5. Drought Conditions
Great Depression - Top Five Causes of the Great Depression

After the 1921 tax cuts you spoke about, our national debt increased to levels never before seen in American history.
http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-cont...age-Of-GDP.jpg

High national debt decreases the value of the US dollar and it causes government programs to be cut. This can contribute to "bank failures" (2. above) and "negative economic policies with other countries" (4. above.) This high national debt also stopped the ability to give government aid, and this stopped the government from being able to help people like drought victims (5. above.)

You said in 1921 unions were busted. This causes workers to make less money, then causes them to not be able to purchase products and services. This hurts the "stock market" (1. above) because large corporations require sales to remain healthy.

And you said in 1921 immigration was stopped. This causes business/citizens to not have access to cheap labor. This could also hurt the stock market.

Last edited by chad3; 06-30-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:

Non of those hurt the USA economy or Americans, they make it stronger.

To respond to your statement. Most South American immigrants are very hard workers, in fact they do jobs Americans refuse to do, like pick our food crops.

And how could a illegal immigrant receive welfare? (they would have to be registered with the government.)

Perhaps a few illegal immigrants get some welfare, but the majority of illegals who work are stimulating our economy. They are also providing labor services for American citizens.

The only bad economic thing I see about illegal immigrants is they send all their US earnings back to their families in South America. And then that US money stimulates foreign countries economies and makes them richer.

This all makes me believe that the best way of stopping illegal immigration is to stop them from getting jobs in America.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
To respond to your statement. Most South American immigrants are very hard workers, in fact they do jobs Americans refuse to do, like pick our food crops.

And how could a illegal immigrant receive welfare? (they would have to be registered with the government.)

Perhaps a few illegal immigrants get some welfare, but the majority of illegals who work are stimulating our economy. They are also providing labor services for American citizens.

The only bad economic thing I see about illegal immigrants is they send all their US earnings back to their families in South America. And then that US money stimulates foreign countries economies and makes them richer.

This all makes me believe that the best way of stopping illegal immigration is to stop them from getting jobs in America.
How is it possible if you just claimed it couldn't happen?

Sometimes the sheer stupidity of liberals still surprises me, how is that possible?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
What hurts America more
Hosting parasites

Old 06-30-2014, 11:00 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:

Do republicans want to remove those words from the Statue of Liberty, because they hate South Americans coming to America so much?
No, they just don't want this country to become a flop house!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How is it possible if you just claimed it couldn't happen?

Sometimes the sheer stupidity of liberals still surprises me, how is that possible?
You asked, Sometimes the sheer stupidity of liberals still surprises me, how is that possible?

Because republicans are in a Fox news, Rush radio, CEO republican politician induced brain flip. Their brains are turned inside out and they live in a flipped reality.

Examples,

They say democrats are the big spenders (when Clinton and Obama spent MUCH less than Reagan or Bush.)

They say democrats are cult sheep (when the republican CEO's lie to them about tax cut revenues, global warming, spending, deficits, debt, ex.ex.) These CEO's have republicans protecting rich men and large corporations more than they protect their own families.

Give a republican the following choice,

a.) Healthcare for everyone in your family, and high wages for everyone in your family.

b.) Give the rich tax cuts, add all that money to our debt, then the rich use the money to build US factories in Asia, and buy themselves new jet airplanes.

Republicans chose b.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

You can call me a lot of things, but stupid (come on.) You believing I'm stupid is just a symptom of a CEO induced brain flip.

Last edited by chad3; 07-01-2014 at 12:16 AM..

Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
You asked, Sometimes the sheer stupidity of liberals still surprises me, how is that possible?

Because republicans are in a Fox news, Rush radio, CEO republican politician brain flip. Their brains are turned inside out and they live in a flipped reality.

Examples,

They say democrats are the big spenders (when Clinton and Obama spent MUCH less than Reagan or Bush.)

They say democrats are cult sheep (when the republican CEO's lie to them about tax cut revenues, global warming, spending, deficits, debt, ex.ex.) These CEO's have republicans protecting rich men and large corporations more than they protect their own families.

Give a republican the following choice,

a.) Healthcare for everyone in your family and high wages for everyone in your family.

b.) Give the rich tax cuts, add all that money to our debt, then the rich use the money to build US factories in Asia, and buy themselves new jet airplanes.

Republicans chose b.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

You can call me a lot of things, but stupid (come on.) You believing I'm stupid is just a symptom of a CEO induced brain flip.
Like I said earlier, liberalism is a mental disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies