Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:13 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It sickens me that people try to score cheap partisan points w/ this meme.
Thank you or finally admitting that the Republican liars who led us into the disaster that is Iraq were indeed draft dodgers and chickenhawks.

Quote:
FDR never served in the military. Was he a "chickenhawk?" I hardly think so--au contraire he was an excellent Commander in Chief.
He was crippled with polio and could not walk without steel braces and a strong arm along aside him.

Quote:
Bill Clinton never served. Was he a "chickenhawk?' Not in my view--see my previous post. McCain served (with valor) but Obama didn't. You're going to tell me that you voted for McCain on that basis??? LOL.
Clinton opposed the war and he abundantly made that clear. He didn't, like Romney, hastily order his manservants to pack his Louis Vitton luggage and dash off to Paris to enjoy Parisian wine and women. And I can clearly imagine that upper-class jaunt of his jaw knowing he was successful in using religion to make possible his successful avoidance of serving his country in a war he supported. Why do you struggle to understand this?

Quote:
Be consistent is all I ask.
I am; be truthful, that's all I ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:15 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,688,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh man...i don't love many Sunday talking heads, but i've always had a soft spot for Katrina vanden Heuvel. She gives Bill Kristol the business in this clip :

ABC News Guest Tells Bill Kristol To 'Enlist In The Iraqi Army'

As a veteran, this guy can go pound rocks. Nothing worse than a guy volunteering people constantly for something he refuses to do himself. Surprised he doesn't end up getting knocked out more often considering how punchable his mug is.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:29 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Prove WHAT? Dick Cheney got five deferments. FACT. No one really knows where the hell Bush was during his last half year in the National Guard. FACT. Rudy Giuliani dodged the draft. FACT. Romney did a 30 month "Mormon mission tour" in France shortly after getting his draft notice. FACT.

Now. Come to terms with the reality that those Republicans who cheered on the war in which other people's sons died, well, they themselves did EVERYTHING they could to avoid serving when it was THEIR TURN is NOT a lie. GIYF.

Honestly, I sickens me that Republicans cannot come to terms with the fact that their "leaders" are great in STARTING wars, but not so great in FIGHTING them.
Yeah, that's what I thought. You lied.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Thank you or finally admitting that the Republican liars who led us into the disaster that is Iraq were indeed draft dodgers and chickenhawks.

He was crippled with polio and could not walk without steel braces and a strong arm along aside him.

Clinton opposed the war and he abundantly made that clear. He didn't, like Romney, hastily order his manservants to pack his Louis Vitton luggage and dash off to Paris to enjoy Parisian wine and women. And I can clearly imagine that upper-class jaunt of his jaw knowing he was successful in using religion to make possible his successful avoidance of serving his country in a war he supported. Why do you struggle to understand this?

I am; be truthful, that's all I ask.
FDR was nearly 40 years old when he was stricken with polio.

Before that? Fit as a fiddle.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:

Don't shove words into my mouth. If you want to make a point, make it, but don't effing attribute it to me.

Quote:
Agreed, At least you have got that figured out. Entirely consistent with what I posted
Quote:
Clinton opposed the war and he abundantly made that clear. He didn't, like Romney, hastily ordered his manservants to pack his Louis Vitton luggage and dash off to Paris to enjoy Parisian wine and women. Am I can clearly imagine that upper-class jaunt of his jaw knowing he was successful in using religion to make possible his successful avoidance of serving his country in a war he supported. Why do you struggle to understand this?
Only you are struggling to understand. Reread my post--I defended Clinton. I am consistent; you are not. Typical lib--full of hypocrisy.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:05 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

FDR was 16 when the Spanish American War broke out, and he was in his early 30s when WWI broke out. Poor guy didn't have a war to serve in.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:

He was born in 1882. He served in WWI at roughly the age of thirty:

Quote:
In June of 1918, Boss Murphy asked FDR to run for governor of New York with his support, but FDR declined. He decided it would reflect badly on him if he left his post as Assistant Secretary of the Navy to pursue his own ambitions when the nation was in a time of crisis. Roosevelt instead went to the front in Europe to conduct inspections of the Navy. He was shocked at the horrors of war, but so inspired to fight for his country that he sent a letter to Wilson asking his permission to resign and serve as a soldier. I
He would have been approximately 58 years old when the US entered WWII.

Now Vietnam War supporter and cheerleader, George W Bush, why he was a strapping young man of twenty-two when he chose to use Daddy's connections to sit out the Vietnam War. Huh.

C'mon, history, it's only complicated to those who don't want to know it.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
He was born in 1882. He served in WWI at roughly the age of thirty:

He would have been approximately 58 years old when the US entered WWII.

Now Vietnam War supporter and cheerleader, George W Bush, why he was a strapping young man of twenty-two when he chose to use Daddy's connections to sit out the Vietnam War. Huh.

C'mon, history, it's only complicated to those who don't want to know it.
Apparently you didn't want to know that FDR wasn't stricken by polio until he was forty.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Apparently you didn't want to know that FDR wasn't stricken by polio until he was forty.
Apparently you didn't know he served in WWI.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Katrina Vanderdrivel is a special kind of ***** but on this point Billy Boy with whom I agree much needed a slap down.
Used to love him way back when. Yes, I sometimes still agree with him, but he is just to smug for me. Maybe one of these days he will realize he doesn't know it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies