Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 01:18 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Cops don't like anyone recording them - being a black man in America had nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Cops don't like anyone recording them - being a black man in America had nothing to do with it.
Nah...it had NOTHING to do with it.

Meanwhile, a man not only hawks down a cop for speeding, but he RECORDS the interaction.

Or like the thread about the dog. White guy gets confrontational with the cops and RECORDS the whole affair.

My assertion stands. Only a white man can get away with this incident.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
That truck driver may have thought he was "cute" and "da man," but he was wrong, wrong, and wrong.

I cannot imagine blasting my horn at a trooper or an officer (or correcting my teacher, professor, or parents....). Not only that, he proceeded to argue with the trooper. After the trooper correctly noted that law enforcement are allowed to be on their cell phones while driving, the truck driver responded, "Oh, so you guys are above the law?" Are you kidding me??

So he thinks he's all that for "taking on" a cop, argues with him...then calls CNN. What a guy. What he has is a problem with authority, and it showed. Let's just say that entire scenario, in our home, would come under the "because I'm the parent and I said so" rule.

What a jerk.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
Quote:
Hmmmph. You definitely have to be white to get away with this one. I'm sorry, but that's the simple truth.
I think the odds of anyone getting away with it are almost 0. If he didn't have the camera rolling he probably wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Truthfully though as I am against speed limits on most roads and banning cell phone use in cars I am not a fan.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I think the odds of anyone getting away with it are almost 0. If he didn't have the camera rolling he probably wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Truthfully though as I am against speed limits on most roads and banning cell phone use in cars I am not a fan.
Oh, i most definitely agree that even a white person is treading on thin ice with this stunt. But to the extent that anyone could get away with it, they'd HAVE to be white.

Or maybe i should put it this way...you'd better not be black or an obvious Latino. I'll leave it at that.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:16 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Hmmmph. You definitely have to be white to get away with this one. I'm sorry, but that's the simple truth.

what if it was a black driver pulling over a black cop??

Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what if it was a black driver pulling over a black cop??
The beating might be even worse. Especially if the black cop is rolling with a white cop.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:24 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
The beating might be even worse. Especially if the black cop is rolling with a white cop.

I said nothing about a white cop being in the vehicle..

Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I said nothing about a white cop being in the vehicle..
I know, but i did. For a reason.

Black cops have a rep (earned or not) for being more abusive with blacks if they're rolling with a white partner. That's in order to show that they aren't cutting any slack due to race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies