Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:05 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,453,403 times

Advertisements

How do we tell who the bad guy with a gun is when all these "good guys" are running around with their rifles all the time? How on earth do we benefit from this desensitization campaign they're running?

Next time you see a guy walk into a theatre with guns strapped all over himself, you'll just say "Oh it's another protestor". Then he shoots you and it's too late to pull out your concealed carry pistol and be the "good guy with a gun"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:42 PM

57,424 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Default Target: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores

Now why would anyone feel the need to carry a gun, particularly a rifle into a Targets or any other store for that matter.

Quote:
Target announced Wednesday it is adopting a no-guns policy and, in a
statement, asked that customers not bring guns into stores.

Even customers in localities where guns are allowed will be subject to the
chain's new policy.

"Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the
family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create," Target's
interim CEO John Mulligan said in a statement.

The decision follows protests orchestrated by Moms Demand Action for Gun
Sense in America, a gun control group that in recent months achieved what once
seemed like an unlikely goal: convincing many major American companies to take a
stance on guns.

"Target's decision shows that moms calling for reasonable reforms can move
giants," said Erika Soto Lamb, the communications director for a coalition of
gun reform organizations that include Moms Demand Action
Target: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores

Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 PM

22,674 posts, read 24,654,149 times
Cr@ppy store with poor selection and not-so-hot prices.......fine with me.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 PM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Their right.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:55 PM

238 posts, read 421,049 times
I am amazed Target has the nerve to discriminate it's customers for exercising their right to carry despite the whole data breach debacle.

I used to buy at Target but ever since that unfortunate event I have avoided Target like the plague (Now I only go to local grocers/farmers markets and buy everything else from Amazon).

Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 PM

57,424 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Cr@ppy store with poor selection and not-so-hot prices.......fine with me.
Third largest retailer in the US, evidently some people like them but that has nothing to do with the issue.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,274,545 times
Unless there's a legal 30.06 sign on the front door, it's a meaningless policy.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:02 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,626 times
Perhaps the word "target" attracts them.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:20 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,913,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now why would anyone feel the need to carry a gun, particularly a rifle into a Targets or any other store for that matter.

Target: Don't Bring Guns Into Our Stores
Actually, that is NOT what they've done. Did you personaly read their statement, or are you just taking someone elses word for it?

"The leadership team has been weighing a complex issue, and I want to be sure everyone understands our thoughts and ultimate decision. "As you've likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit 'open carry' should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target - even in communities where it is permitted by law.
"We've listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.
"This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."

My emphasis added. I see your link didn't bother to include that little bit of bolded info did they? Wonder why? Probably because the Huffington Post is a Liberal rag with no interest in reporting the real facts.

Nowhere did they say they were implementing a new, official policy on guns, except to say that they would continue to follow their current policy of taking the lead of state and local laws.

So, as much as the anti-gun complex needs a victory to gin up false momentum, please, at least have the dignity and self respect to report the facts as they actually are.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-02-2014 at 09:32 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 09:25 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,549,945 times
I personally have never felt the need to take a gun out with me anywhere and I think if you feel the need to then you should re-evaluate either where you're living or where you're shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies