Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tell that to my oldest daughter who drives a F-450 diesel.
You're not exactly countering his point there, you know.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:59 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, we certainly do not want anyone protesting Fearless Leader's agenda.
Yeah, deliberately belching smoke is such a worthwhile contribution to the debate. It's an idea rooted in the mindset of a petulant 11-year old yelling "You're not the boss of me!"

Old 07-06-2014, 12:11 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
They feel so powerless that they are excited to waste and pollute the air they and their family breathe just to get at Obama. They are only hurting themselves -- not Obama. Very sad when people feel so small in this world that they lash out in ways that hurt themselves. Poor guys.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Trucks are the ugliest automobile in the world and ought to only be used for hard working jobs - construction works, etc.

Why anyone would actually WANT to drive one of those things is beyond me.

Great Americans? Yeah wasting loads of money on gas sure is a being a great American.
The Nissan Murano convertible is uglier than any pickup. Wanna ban that too?

I think "coal burning" is a despicable thing to do. But even in Texas, where we have a huge number of pickups, this is a very rare thing to see. Trucks are practical, roomy, and can be nice to drive. There are big Mercedes and BMWs that use just as much fuel. Wanna ban those too?

Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They feel so powerless that they are excited to waste and pollute the air they and their family breathe just to get at Obama. They are only hurting themselves -- not Obama. Very sad when people feel so small in this world that they lash out in ways that hurt themselves. Poor guys.
They seem to think only liberals will be affected by dirty air. But then, no one ever accused rightwingers of being too smart.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Default Childish rednecks drive smokey pickups because Obama

Childish rednecks are adding aftermarket "coal roller" smoke kits to their pickups to protest Obama and environmentalists.

"The feeling around here is that everyone who drives a small car is a liberal," a roller named Ryan told Vocativ. "I rolled coal on a Prius once just because they were tailing me."

Weigel spoke to a seller of coal rolling customization equipment who described why some drivers see spewing smoke as a political protest.

"I run into a lot of people that really don’t like Obama at all," the salesperson said. "If he’s into the environment, if he’s into this or that, we’re not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truck—that’s my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, ***** you."

Conservatives Purposely Making Cars Spew Black Smoke - Business Insider

Old 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is usually done by men who are trying to compensate for other smaller things.
That is such a childish, bitchy thing to say. When you can't come up with a substantial or valid argument, just insinuate that a guy has a small penis. Brilliant.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:30 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Give thanks on this 4th of July for their freedom to do so.

P.s. Its a fad that will pass when Obama is gone.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 07-06-2014 at 01:44 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 01:40 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I absolutely will not. Of all the insane, stupid, morally and ethically reprehensible, downright uneducated, reactionary and socially irresponsible things a person could do, this is one of the worst I've seen. It's difficult for me to even begin to understand such a fractured mentality. People like this are seriously the lowest of the low, and don't even try to call it a = political statement. To make a valid political statement, you first need the ability to reason, to know what you're talking about, and most importantly, to make a cogent statement in the first place.

Hopefully this kind of thing will be outlawed soon. If I was a cop and I saw someone doing this, they'd be getting a HUGE ticket and possibly an on-the-spot emissions test.
So free speech only encompasses speech you agree with lol

Sad.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
[quote=katzpaw;35534152]Childish rednecks are adding aftermarket "coal roller" smoke kits to their pickups to protest Obama and environmentalists.

"The feeling around here is that everyone who drives a small car is a liberal," a roller named Ryan told Vocativ. "I rolled coal on a Prius once just because they were tailing me."
Quote:

Weigel spoke to a seller of coal rolling customization equipment who described why some drivers see spewing smoke as a political protest.

"I run into a lot of people that really don’t like Obama at all," the salesperson said. "If he’s into the environment, if he’s into this or that, we’re not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truck—that’s my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, ***** you."

Conservatives Purposely Making Cars Spew Black Smoke - Business Insider
Guess drivers of small cars should be grateful that the "protesters" are only polluting the environment and punishing the entire planet rather than shooting out their tires.

These morons are probably the same ones who complain they are worried about the future of their children and grandchildren. They are teaching them to cut off their nose to spite their face. Hopefully they will get plenty of tickets and help to pay for the cops who have to waste time ticketing these idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies