Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:43 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So free speech is only encompasses speech you agree lol
Wow, I accidentally deleted my post. Serves me right for posting as soon as I wake up. But I here's my response so you know I meant it: I don't even think this counts as speech. It's just a bunch of very low intelligence morons doing something extremely destructive and extremely wasteful that has negative consequences on the environment and for other human beings. There is no reason this kind of thing should be allowed, ever.

If you don't like Obama, fine. Go and hate him all you want. Let everyone know just how you feel. But don't drive around pointlessly filling the atmosphere with noxious smoke.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:50 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Wow, I accidentally deleted my post. Serves me right for posting as soon as I wake up. But I here's my response so you know I meant it: I don't even think this counts as speech. It's just a bunch of very low intelligence morons doing something extremely destructive and extremely wasteful that has negative consequences on the environment and for other human beings. There is no reason this kind of thing should be allowed, ever.

If you don't like Obama, fine. Go and hate him all you want. Let everyone know just how you feel. But don't drive around pointlessly filling the atmosphere with noxious smoke.
I don't like the actions by these truck drivers. But it is NOT extremely destructive nor extremely wasteful because this activity is done by a tiny number of truck drivers for a few seconds at a time. Kind like blowing your horn but using smoke. Don't exaggerate.

People using charcoal to cook steaks or hot dogs produces far more emissions than this childish activity.

Last edited by hoffdano; 07-06-2014 at 02:10 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 01:50 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post

Thank you for reaffirming my point.

Some think gay pride parades are terribly obscene and distasteful, should we ban them? ( i don't think "we" should, but by your logic It would be okay to be up in arms calling for such
What a doozy

Old 07-06-2014, 01:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Quote:
Thank you for reaffirming my point.

Some think gay pride parades are terribly obscene and distasteful, should we ban them? ( i don't think "we" should, but by your logic It would be okay to be up in arms calling for such
What a doozy
A gay pride parade doesn't fill the air with soot and fumes though. Apparently, some people are even using their smokestacks to blind other drivers on the road. Free speech my ass, people like that are little more than common thugs.

Quote:
I don't like the actions by these truck drivers. But it is NOT extremely destructive nor extremely wasteful because this activity is done by a tiny number of truck drivers for a few seconds at a time. Kind like blowing your horn but using smoke.

People using charcoal to cook steaks or hot dogs produces far more emissions than this childish activity.
Possibly, but it's still in incredibly poor taste. You have to wonder what is going on in the minds of people who think this is a good idea.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Give thanks on this 4th of July for their freedom to do so.

P.s. Its a fad that will pass when Obama is gone.
It may be chargeable offense depending on the state - ranging from disabling emission controls, visible smoke, creating a distraction while driving, to assault. Deliberately blowing smoke in someone's face is assault (google it).

Old 07-06-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It may be chargeable offense depending on the state - ranging from disabling emission controls, visible smoke, creating a distraction while driving, to assault. Deliberately blowing smoke in someone's face is assault (google it).
Smoke isnt neccesarily pollution.
No emission devices need be disconnected to create it.
Its not in your face unless you have it up against the tailpipe.

Maybe stay off the road if your sensibilities are so offeded.

How about bumper stickers you dont agree with?

Old 07-06-2014, 01:58 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartwater View Post
Its their right to make a political statement.
And it is also my right to call said persons out on their behavior.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:02 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Childish rednecks are adding aftermarket "coal roller" smoke kits to their pickups to protest Obama and environmentalists.

"The feeling around here is that everyone who drives a small car is a liberal," a roller named Ryan told Vocativ. "I rolled coal on a Prius once just because they were tailing me."

Weigel spoke to a seller of coal rolling customization equipment who described why some drivers see spewing smoke as a political protest.

"I run into a lot of people that really don’t like Obama at all," the salesperson said. "If he’s into the environment, if he’s into this or that, we’re not. I hear a lot of that. To get a single stack on my truck—that’s my way of giving them the finger. You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, ***** you."

Conservatives Purposely Making Cars Spew Black Smoke - Business Insider

Putting more pollution into the air on purpose and out of spite, well, that isn't going to bring any change. It is immature. All I can say is that I don't want to be around people like that. Vandalizing someone's car, that is breaking the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And it is also my right to call said persons out on their behavior.
Anyone can have an opinion, but you shouldnt have a right to ban those you dont like.

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
If you have it, a truck brought it to you in some way. Just be thankful someone IS willing to drive one.
Within 10 years most truck driving jobs will be done by auto drive/robotics. That is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies