Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 02:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, do you believe it's the right of a woman to have an elective abortion in the final week of a "normal" term pregnancy without a single restriction? I see that as the only way that "the issue is individual and the reason why it should be left up to the individual woman. her choice".
you do know this is a hypothetical question don't you. women can't have elective last week abortions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Nobody can legally get an elective abortion during the third trimester.
Yes, I know that. And?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pedro you need to get educated. this is already the law. women do not an can not have elective abortions in the third trimester. again get educated. many women do not know they are pregnant until the second trimester. any medical decisions about a woman's pregnancy are private. again, education there are already a "whole bunch of restrictions" in the final trimester.
Where did I say any of this was not covered by existing law?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
I am pro-choice, I worked as a nurse on the front lines in rural family practice clinics pre-roe v wade and I believe ALL healthcare choices should be made between a woman and her healthcare provider - no restrictions. No what if scenarios - it should be simple, don't want one, don't believe in them don't get one. Each woman should be able to make her own choices.

I'll add in what George Carlin has to say on the subject similar to the OP's statement - warning spicy language.

George Carlin - Pro-Life is Anti-Woman! - YouTube

Old 07-07-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
you do know this is a hypothetical question don't you. women can't have elective last week abortions
Yes they can. Like I said, they can eject any number of chemicals into the baby to put the baby in cardiac arrest and then induce labor.

Is it illegal? Yes. Was this thread started to discuss abortion laws? No. It was started to discuss views on abortion.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know that. And?

Where did I say any of this was not covered by existing law?

you didn't. if you know your questions are not reality why as in the first place?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yes they can. Like I said, they can eject any number of chemicals into the baby to put the baby in cardiac arrest and then induce labor.

Is it illegal? Yes. Was this thread started to discuss abortion laws? No. It was started to discuss views on abortion.
are you telling me that you believe woman can have a late term, last few weeks abortion for no medical reason?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:49 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Having an abortion is responsible. We don't need more neglected or orphaned kids.
Do you believe infanticide is responsible when someone cannot take care of the child?
After all we don't need more neglected or orphaned kids.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you believe infanticide is responsible when someone cannot take care of the child?
After all we don't need more neglected or orphaned kids.
But there was a choice that the person made. Around 3 months with no period, you go to the doctor, and he says your pregnant, thats when you make your choice.

You may have to do without your cable TV. You may have to live on Ramen noodles every night, you may not be able to afford electricity, but when you have that baby, its your choice.

An abortion stops that situation from happening, and it is responsible for a woman who becomes pregnant by accident, to abort the fetus if they can not care for that baby.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
are you telling me that you believe woman can have a late term, last few weeks abortion for no medical reason?
Are you saying it isn't possible?

I'm not talking in legal terms, I'm talking about if it is physically possible.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I am pro-choice, I worked as a nurse on the front lines in rural family practice clinics pre-roe v wade and I believe ALL healthcare choices should be made between a woman and her healthcare provider - no restrictions. No what if scenarios - it should be simple, don't want one, don't believe in them don't get one. Each woman should be able to make her own choices.
So, do you believe there shouldn't be laws against elective late term abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies