Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:49 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,795,292 times

Advertisements

Studies have shown that a poor credit history also limits job options. Africans Americans also traditionally have lower FICO scores than whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
He hasn't because the poor man lives in deadly fear that whites will hate him if he does. Let him briefly mention any topic involving blacks and the howls coming from the lunatic right wing morons is deafening....like when Professor Gates was arrested by a cop when trying to get into HIS OWN house. Yes, a nerdy looking ageing man with a limp!
It happened at night. I would want my neighbors to call the police if they saw someone breaking into my house, even if it was me. Better safe than sorry. If memory serves Gates was equally at fault and then became argumentative with the cop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_L...st_controversy
Obama hasn't helped the majority of Americans. He has helped his buddies and a lot of corporations. Now he is focused on helping illegals. Criminals.... Obama is a dismal failure by any Measure and it is a shame. Idealist meets reality and the idealist lost.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:19 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
When I was in the mountains in Kentucky and Tennessee I learned that if you ask a young white child in some counties what they are going to do when they grow up they reply, "I'm gon' draw" That translates to I will take government checks just like my mama and my grandmamma.
Lol..that's what you get from those mountain people.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:33 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Jews have not been oppressed in the modern age.
You're wrong about that.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...m/harvard.html

Quote:
At best, what you meant to say was that many of them were systematically exterminated about 70 years ago
1/3 of them were systemically exterminated more recently than slavery was abolished. And before they died, many Jews were used as slave labor, again, more recently than slavery was abolished in the U.S.

Blacks make way too many excuses for their repeated societal failures. In contrast, Jews worked harder and smarter, and overcame their much more recent extreme adversity.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:34 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Thanks for reminding me that the Rainbow Coalition exists as it isn't a topic that is frequently discussed among blacks. I know that Rush Limbaugh and the Fox TV gang fixate on it as they engage in their daily rants and orgies against blacks.......but it really isn't important, and when it was, it was because whites always want to find a black "leader" who will "control those blacks", and are never interested in getting to know real blacks. If Jackson and Sharpton extorted cash, and delivered little, then that is the own stupidity of those whites who appointed them as the black "leaders", as neither man was selected by blacks to represent them.
I don't listen to rush limbaugh, and I don't watch fox news, but I would think your assessment would be incorrect. I would think they would be more fixated on mexicans, as they've taken over as the largest minority group. blacks are becoming insignificant.

because whites always want to find a black "leader" who will "control those blacks"

who are you quoting there exactly?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:39 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
He hasn't because the poor man lives in deadly fear that whites will hate him if he does. Let him briefly mention any topic involving blacks and the howls coming from the lunatic right wing morons is deafening....like when Professor Gates was arrested by a cop when trying to get into HIS OWN house. Yes, a nerdy looking ageing man with a limp!
poor poor barry. I feel so terrible for him and his millions of dollars. poor guy. professor gates? sounds made up. I've never heard of him, so those big bad right wing morons couldn't have been speaking that loudly.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You seem to not understand it because you just said "democratic rule" even though the majority of African Americans are governed by REPUBLICANS !!!!
I'm not seeing that. Going by the numbers, the majority of African Americans live in blue states:

List of U.S. metropolitan areas with large African-American populations

Old 07-13-2014, 07:04 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Also important to note that Obama's never lived the "Black experience". It's nice that he shares a skin tone, but what he is, is the son of an African diplomat who grew up in the largest Muslim country on the planet & with his White Grandma in Hawaii, before heading off to the Ivy League. I literally have a better understanding of the Black experience in America than he does. Black people were just so starved for a hero that they wanted to believe he was one of them, which he's not.
Nothing shields a black person in America from the black experience; wealth, class, fame, education, upbringing, skin tone, or pedigree will all be brushed aside to remind a black person they are still in America. But I guess that's a black thang.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Nobody believes you.
I do. We've had entire threads here on city-data about the school voucher issue.

There are things that can be done to improve African-American educational achievement and therefore job prospects and socioeconomic levels, and school vouchers are one of the most significant.

Harvard study on school vouchers, African-Americans, and college:
http://www.hks.harvard.edu/pepg/PDF/...hers_FINAL.pdf

Quote:
"Pro-voucher voters among racial minorities overwhelmingly support Barack Obama, but they are baffled by the Democratic nominee's opposition to vouchers. They also say they are frustrated that Democratic leaders appear to be more concerned about keeping the peace with teachers unions -- which adamantly oppose vouchers -- than about finding alternatives that could advance desperately needed education reforms for minority students.

...Public opinion polls also show solid support for school vouchers among minority parents. Sixty-five percent of adult African-Americans and 63 percent of adult Hispanics favor the use of vouchers, according to a national survey conducted earlier this year under the auspices of the journal Education Next and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University. In the survey, more than half of minority adults gave higher marks to their local police than their public schools.

"There is no doubt that on this issue, ...Obama has it wrong," Martin wrote."
Education Reform - Obama Questioned On Vouchers

What Americans Think about Their Schools

Obama, Dems wrong to kill school vouchers - CNN.com

But, hey... keep voting for voucher-denying Democrats and their forced educational and therefore socioeconomic oppression of minorities and their children. Just don't expect anything to ever get better.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
And 70% have NEVER received welfare
Regarding SNAP benefits, close enough... 69% of Black adults have never received food stamps.

The same stats for other demographic groups:

White: 85%
Hispanic: 78%

Republican: 90%
Democrat: 78%
Independent: 83%

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

Quote:
and fewer than 20% are receiving it at present.
Wrong. 23.6% of SNAP recipients are identified as "African American, not Hispanic."
http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defaul...cteristics.pdf

Yet, they are only 13.2% of the total population.

The same stats for other demographic groups:

White, not Hispanic: 62.6% of the total population, 37.6% of SNAP recipients
Hispanic or Latino: 17.1% of the total population, 9.1% of SNAP recipients

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies