Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So long as it is not a circus crazy house fun mirror. Which is what this thread is about: partisan distorting in a fantasy land.
It maynot be a 100% literal interpretation that is necessary to obtain the message.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:04 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
yes really, You never heard of Christian Fundamentalists forging violence?

Yes the one on the left will shoot you down if you dare walk on her property especially if you do not look "American".
please give us previous examples of christian fundamentalists shooting people down for walking on their property especially if they didn't look 'American.'

Old 07-10-2014, 08:05 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Nope. Because that's silly. And I don't get outraged about silly things.

Of course, if you knew anything about Stalin, you'd know it's silly too.

Does anyone think that Christian fanatics aren't likely to kill someone? Bomb a building? Then you haven't paid any attention to the abortion clinic bombings and shootings over the last 30 years. First clinic I ever went to was fire-bombed by a guy who spent years going to Tim LeHaye's 'church'. But I didn't care what brand of fanatic he was...the result was the same. A burned out building and about a thousand women without health care.

A fanatic is a fanatic.
How many abortion doctors/nurses have been murdered in the US? Eight. Regardless, it's treated as some sort of out-of-control epidemic.

Every group has it's dangerous fanatics, but pretending that churchgoers are dangerous is insane. Almost 80% of Americans are some degree of Christian; of course there's going to be some lunatics from a population of over 200 million.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
please give us previous examples of christian fundamentalists shooting people down for walking on their property especially if they didn't look 'American.'
Did you see the LA Cops beating the black Grandmother last week? Does not have to be literal- Metephoric.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Nope. Because that's silly. And I don't get outraged about silly things.

Of course, if you knew anything about Stalin, you'd know it's silly too.

Does anyone think that Christian fanatics aren't likely to kill someone? Bomb a building? Then you haven't paid any attention to the abortion clinic bombings and shootings over the last 30 years. First clinic I ever went to was fire-bombed by a guy who spent years going to Tim LeHaye's 'church'. But I didn't care what brand of fanatic he was...the result was the same. A burned out building and about a thousand women without health care.

A fanatic is a fanatic.
Using your "logic" I can compare Obama's mentoring and friendship circle to Radical Islamic Terrorist groups.

Barack Obama - Controversial and Radical Associates - KeyWiki

Old 07-10-2014, 08:10 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They are both religious fanatics bent on taking us back into the dark ages where religion dictates to and controls government. The only difference between them is WHICH religion that should be.
So the woman expressing her first and second amendment rights wants to take us back to the dark ages how exactly? The most devout Christian people I know don't want a Theocracy, nor does any other Christian I know.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
So the woman expressing her first and second amendment rights wants to take us back to the dark ages how exactly? The most devout Christian people I know don't want a Theocracy, nor does any other Christian I know.
When they vote for people like Bachmann, Palin and Santorum that completely debunks your myth.
They all want to invoke Christianity into our Judicial System. Can you imagine who they would appoint to SCOTUS?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the only female US fanatic i can think of offhand that went on a killing rampage was a huge obama supporter

amy bishop
So...? Was she killing *because* of Obama?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Did you see the LA Cops beating the black Grandmother last week? Does not have to be literal- Metephoric.
i had no idea granny was walking on their lawn. no wonder they were pissed.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
So...? Was she killing *because* of Obama?
why does that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies