Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times

Advertisements

On one issue anyway:

"A majority of voters say they've heard enough from Sarah Palin, according to a new national poll. The NBC/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania survey indicates that 54% of voters say they've heard enough from Palin and would prefer that the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate be less outspoken in political discourse. That includes nearly two-thirds of Democrats, a majority of independents, and nearly four in 10 Republicans."
America to Sarah Palin: Enough! – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

At least she's doing something productive.

Last edited by helenejen; 07-10-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 PM

952 posts, read 943,171 times
uh, I don't want to call her a witch, but I just saw a house land on her...

Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
It is too bad she has decided to become divisive. She didn't throw the first punch though.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,471 times
Most Americans only hear about her when someone like you complains about her. Very interesting phenomenon.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
**Note: This post is not directed at the OP or anyone in particular here. It's a general observation.**

I've never gotten the hatred for this woman. She's never been in a position of national leadership. Some of you act as if she's another Pol Pot or something. She's done nothing to you. She has an opinion, but so what? We all do. And just because we don't agree with someone's opinion, that's no free pass to burn her/him at the stake or crucify her/him.

If you disagree with someone, so state it. Disagree all you want. But when you personally want to see her dead or whatever (like I used to constantly read on forums like this one), you're flat-ass wrong, and YOU are the monster, not her. I disagree with the left nearly always and the right at times as well. But I don't personally hate any of them. I may think their policies and intentions suck. I may think they are numbskulls too. I may even think they need to be institutionalized. But I'm not frothing at the mouth with torch, rope, and pitchfork in hand, ready for blood as I look for the first big oak tree.

There should be that disconnect between personal hatred and disagreement. When it's not there, people get crazy, stupid, and become worse than those they hate.

Why don't you leave the hatred for those who HAVE done horrendous things?--you know, like Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, people like that. What has Sara Palin done to YOU personally? Go ahead and disagree with her. But shove wide-eyed personal hatred. It never leads to anything good or productive.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Most Americans only hear about her when someone like you complains about her. Very interesting phenomenon.
No, we hear about her every time she feels the need to give us her opinion on something. Like her recent tirade about impeaching the president. If she would just shut up and go away for good, we would ignore her as she deserves.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
She again succeeds at something the failed moron you voted for twice has never been able to do.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Why don't you leave the hatred for those who HAVE done horrendous things?--you know, like Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, people like that. What has Sara Palin done to YOU personally? Go ahead and disagree with her. But shove wide-eyed personal hatred. It never leads to anything good or productive.
Can't speak for everyone, but I've never hated her. I think she is ridiculous, and can't understand why any group of voters ever took her seriously enough to vote for her. She would be just another vacuous talking head were it not for the folks who have actually cast a vote for her.

I save my hate for people the likes of which you mentioned.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It is too bad she has decided to become divisive. She didn't throw the first punch though.
No McCain did by picking her as a running mate without properly vetting her.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
**Note: This post is not directed at the OP or anyone in particular here. It's a general observation.**

I've never gotten the hatred for this woman. She's never been in a position of national leadership. Some of you act as if she's another Pol Pot or something. She's done nothing to you. She has an opinion, but so what? We all do. And just because we don't agree with someone's opinion, that's no free pass to burn her/him at the stake or crucify her/him.

If you disagree with someone, so state it. Disagree all you want. But when you personally want to see her dead or whatever (like I used to constantly read on forums like this one), you're flat-ass wrong, and YOU are the monster, not her. I disagree with the left nearly always and the right at times as well. But I don't personally hate any of them. I may think their policies and intentions suck. I may think they are numbskulls too. I may even think they need to be institutionalized. But I'm not frothing at the mouth with torch, rope, and pitchfork in hand, ready for blood as I look for the first big oak tree.

There should be that disconnect between personal hatred and disagreement. When it's not there, people get crazy, stupid, and become worse than those they hate.

You forgot Obama and Ted Kennedy and many others on your list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies