Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and about as many have said they have heard enough from our President. Unfortunately we can't shut him off.
Right. Because he's the President so . . .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 07:22 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
On one issue anyway:

"A majority of voters say they've heard enough from Sarah Palin, according to a new national poll. The NBC/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania survey indicates that 54% of voters say they've heard enough from Palin and would prefer that the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate be less outspoken in political discourse. That includes nearly two-thirds of Democrats, a majority of independents, and nearly four in 10 Republicans."
America to Sarah Palin: Enough! – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

At least she's doing something productive.
No wonder the Polls were taken from CNN and NBC. Did we expect anything else. Ms. Palin continues to say what the rest of us Conservatives are thinking.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
No wonder the Polls were taken from CNN and NBC. Did we expect anything else. Ms. Palin continues to say what the rest of us Conservatives are thinking.
Here let me help you:

Quote:
The NBC/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania survey indicates . . .
Any particular reason you misrepresented where the survey was from and why you failed to mention the Wall Street Journal?

Quote:
Ms. Palin continues to say what the rest of us Conservatives are thinking.
That's why many liberals want her to keep talking.

Last edited by helenejen; 07-13-2014 at 08:06 PM..

Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
We know that. She's just a dog whistle for right wing republicans. Her speech material come's from a handfull of republican bumper stickers mainly found in the south and west

Old 07-13-2014, 10:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Why don't you leave the hatred for those who HAVE done horrendous things?--you know, like Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, people like that. What has Sara Palin done to YOU personally? Go ahead and disagree with her. But shove wide-eyed personal hatred. It never leads to anything good or productive.
And why doesn't this same logic apply to Obama as well?

We have conservatives calling him Hitler, Stalin, the antichrist, etc. around here on a daily basis.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 799,058 times
Quote:
Have you actually listen to here speeches and her work behind the scenes. I can rest assure you would never switch the channel to listen Palin.
But its you choice.

Example, I would never go out of my way to Ms. Clinton Speech or buy a book . her Values is opposite of mine. As Palin is to yours.

Lazy I do not think so.

Facts that a Politician thing. All of them miss spoke even the best polished career type.

Go Away, I hope she stays to drive some Liberal out of their mind!
What in the world are you trying to say? Did you write some of her speeches?

For the survivalist crowd, is America in desperate need of a leader who can stage some fake moose hunting pictures? Is hunting and outdoor survival skills the answer to our societal ills? I can't imagine anyone voting for someone to lead this country based on staged photo ops portraying them as a survivalist. I just can't see that as a crucial skill on the modern global stage.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post

For the survivalist crowd, is America in desperate need of a leader who can stage some fake moose hunting pictures? Is hunting and outdoor survival skills the answer to our societal ills? I can't imagine anyone voting for someone to lead this country based on staged photo ops portraying them as a survivalist. I just can't see that as a crucial skill on the modern global stage.
Government is not the answer to our societal ills. Government is the one that causes much of it by interfering. Education is the key. Society doesn't advance by force or coercion.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post

The pictures of Obama with a halo the press took did not turn out well either.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Here let me help you:

Any particular reason you misrepresented where the survey was from and why you failed to mention the Wall Street Journal?

That's why many liberals want her to keep talking.
and have you overlooked the Univ of PA part of it? Any poll taken by about 90% of the universities is going to be slanted for heavens sake. I don't care who they are polling....

When I read some of the post liberal women post here, I am almost ashamed to admit I am a female: these women are so narrow minded. At least I can live with knowing I am a female, I believe in equal rights and I am proud to be a conservative!!!!

Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and have you overlooked the Univ of PA part of it? Any poll taken by about 90% of the universities is going to be slanted for heavens sake. I don't care who they are polling....

When I read some of the post liberal women post here, I am almost ashamed to admit I am a female: these women are so narrow minded. At least I can live with knowing I am a female, I believe in equal rights and I am proud to be a conservative!!!!
For some reason females can be viscous to other females.

We should try to be more supportive of each other.......not agree all the time.....but, I sure could do without all the name calling.

How can we demand men respect us we be call each other vile names???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies