Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 07:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This was in Springs, Texas where the good guy Ron Haskell decided to be the bad guy with a gun. He shot and killed six relatives before being chased down and surrendering to the police. I guess Open Carry Texas has a point...the more guns the less murder.

Ronald Lee Haskell Charged In Texas Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including 4 Children
He didn't decide to "become a bad guy". He became mentally unstable. He stopped taking his meds.

Nice try.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Why did the kid flee this thread?I see him posting nonsensical babble on other threads since he started this one

Old 07-13-2014, 08:16 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He didn't decide to "become a bad guy". He became mentally unstable. He stopped taking his meds.

Nice try.
Yes...the famous "he was a fine gun owner until he got off his meds" argument. IMHO, that sounds like a great argument in favor of gun rights and the NRA should use it as a slogan.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Yes...the famous "he was a fine gun owner until he got off his meds" argument. IMHO, that sounds like a great argument in favor of gun rights and the NRA should use it as a slogan.
Is it true or not, that he got off his meds?

Do you agree with the thread title?

Old 07-13-2014, 08:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
This picture is from Kathy Perkins from Armed Mom With Guns in January at a Girl Scout Cookie Sale in Texas. Does anyone see a problem here with two people holding AR-15 in front of the young girl scouts?. I doubt it.

Here is the same Kathy Perkins posting on face book with a picture of the President commenting "where is an assassin when you need one". Responsible people with guns until they become irresponsible people with guns.

Moms With Guns founder shares Obama pic on Facebook, adds ‘where is assassin when you need one’

Old 07-13-2014, 08:53 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Most gun owners will agree that that is an ignorant statement...she will get a meeting with the men in black....

As for the first picture, not a thing wrong with it...you did read the statement right next to it, right?

Ohhh and the guy on the left...that's not even a AR.....but continue with BS..and no knowledge of what you are talking about....

Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
You know it's funny. I recently saw a clip about a dog that attacked a boy on a bike and a cat came to the boy's defense. And there were calls to euthanize the dog for what it had done to the boy. But there were even more calls of not blaming the dog but its owner for its behavior and not keeping it properly contained to avoid this type of thing. There are a lot of dog attacks across the country every year. Some of the victims are actually mauled to death. Whether I agree or not, a dog has much more of a mind of its own than a firearm. And yet when a crime is committed with a firearm, which has absolutely NO mind of its own, the call is not to blame the offender but the firearm. No, let's not look into why the offender did this, the aggravating circumstances ie: alcohol, SSRIs, anti-social mentality, gang membership, criminal activity etc. Yes, it was the firearm's fault that its user picked it up and decided to take his/her own life or go out and kill a bunch of people with it. But yet the dog is always given a pass, the owner should have known better, should have taught it better. Can someone explain this to me?

Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 AM

29,534 posts, read 19,626,354 times
It is a very good question that the thread starter has posed. "What happens when a good guy with a gun becomes a bad guy with a gun?"

I guess logically then we should remove all guns from society right? Ok, how do we go about collecting 300 million guns, and the more important question is "What happens when there are only bad guys with guns?"

One possible answer is there won't. The police will still have guns. Ok, first police 99% of the time respond to a crime that has already been committed. Second question "what happens if a police officer with a gun becomes a bad guy with a gun?"

I wish our society didn't have guns, but because we do, I want one too

Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You seem to know about nursing chubbies. What is a chubby and why would anyone nurse them. Sorry just asking cause I have no idea
if you are really interested, i will respond to a DM from you. it is not something that is described over a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This picture is from Kathy Perkins from Armed Mom With Guns in January at a Girl Scout Cookie Sale in Texas. Does anyone see a problem here with two people holding AR-15 in front of the young girl scouts?. I doubt it.
yeah, i dont see any problem with a few people having slung AR-15s or other rifles over their shoulders. they are not brandishing them, the are not threatening anybody, thus, there is no problem, unless you are scared of an inanimate object, are you OP?

Quote:
Here is the same Kathy Perkins posting on face book with a picture of the President commenting "where is an assassin when you need one". Responsible people with guns until they become irresponsible people with guns.
i agree that the where is an assassin question is over the top, and as noted she will likely be talking to several black suits with badges about that remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Most gun owners will agree that that is an ignorant statement...she will get a meeting with the men in black....

As for the first picture, not a thing wrong with it...you did read the statement right next to it, right?

Ohhh and the guy on the left...that's not even a AR.....but continue with BS..and no knowledge of what you are talking about....
very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
You know it's funny. I recently saw a clip about a dog that attacked a boy on a bike and a cat came to the boy's defense. And there were calls to euthanize the dog for what it had done to the boy. But there were even more calls of not blaming the dog but its owner for its behavior and not keeping it properly contained to avoid this type of thing. There are a lot of dog attacks across the country every year. Some of the victims are actually mauled to death. Whether I agree or not, a dog has much more of a mind of its own than a firearm. And yet when a crime is committed with a firearm, which has absolutely NO mind of its own, the call is not to blame the offender but the firearm. No, let's not look into why the offender did this, the aggravating circumstances ie: alcohol, SSRIs, anti-social mentality, gang membership, criminal activity etc. Yes, it was the firearm's fault that its user picked it up and decided to take his/her own life or go out and kill a bunch of people with it. But yet the dog is always given a pass, the owner should have known better, should have taught it better. Can someone explain this to me?
good questions. i too am at a loss to understand why people always blame the tools instead of the person wielding the tools.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:55 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I wonder how many people will be shot and killed in Chicago this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies