Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 AM

25,831 posts, read 18,857,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What's up with some people's preoccupation with other people's sex lives?
What's up with some people's preoccupation with broadcasting their sex lives?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:15 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,472 times
Consenting adults! consenting adults! But you better get a permit for that addition or we will tearit down!

Old 07-12-2014, 09:16 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What's up with some people's preoccupation with broadcasting their sex lives?
What are you talking about? Is there a new celebrity sex tape on the internets?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:17 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,837,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Remember when liberals and gays laughed at the slippery slope argument? Here is a hint that this is the direction where society is headed. A judge in Australia is making the case for incest no longer being taboo or criminal. His big argument? The way society has progressed from once viewing homosexuality as a sinful or criminal act to fully embracing it.

Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo - Telegraph
But, but, but, can I marry my kangaroo?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 AM

25,831 posts, read 18,857,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Has your kangaroo consented?

If so, sure. Order the cake.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:29 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
If both people here are 18 or older, who cares? Sheesh!

Tho maybe a "Romeo and Juliet" law needs to be used for consensual sex between a guy and a girl if 1 is 14 or older and the other is 5 years or less older, like 19 here. Incest IF "legal" should an exception, the younger party would need to be 18 IMHO.

OTOH Sex with animals: hell NO!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:49 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,043,132 times
People don't understand what the slippery slope fallacy is. It's ONLY a fallacy when one uses it to reach an illogical conclusion, such as legalizing gay marriage will lead to more car accidents. The slippery slope argument is NOT a fallacy when it's used to reach a logical conclusion, if I smoke I will get lung cancer. That's a slippery slope ARGUMENT, not a slippery slope FALLACY. There's a difference depending on how it's used, therefore one cannot always automatically play the slippery slope fallacy card in an attempt to dismiss an argument.

It is a logical conclusion to argue that violating the definition of marriage will allow other groups to enter into "marriage" as well. Why do people support gay marriage? They believe it's a right (it's actually not, marriage beyond the definition is not a right). "Love is love" they say. Why do they support homosexuality? They say "it's normal because people are born that way" (despite being no proof for that), "animals do it, it's natural" (they are deliberately misinterpreting things). "Jesus never said anything about homosexuality, therefore it's not a sin" (Jesus never mentioned cannibalism either, that doesn't make it okay).

This same "logic" that is used to justify gay marriage and homosexuality can be used to justify incest and ploygamy. "Love is love, who are YOU to tell me I can't marry multiple partners!? It's my right!" "Polygamy and incest happen in animals, it's normal." "I was born that way! I just feel a natural desire to sleep with multiple people or my siblings, it's not a choice. Therefore my actions are justified." "Polygamy and incest have been recorded in ancient societies, it's totally fine." "Jesus never said anything about polygamy or incest, therefore it's not a sin." "If you disagree with my polygamist/incest lifestyle you're a bigot!"

Eventually if our culture wishes to go down this route, they will try to "normalize" it just like they are trying to "normalize" homosexuality. We are a society of people who base what is right and wrong solely on what they feel, and "normal" on what they want. Not what ACTUALLY IS right and wrong, and what actually is normal and abnormal according to God and Nature. There is a mentality that exists among many in our culture today who believe that morality is subjective. It's not.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:20 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Tie your kangaroo down sport, tie your kangaroo down, and you can have your felonious way with it.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:25 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
What about the children? WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?!?!

If you let gay couples exercise the same legal rights of marriage we let straight couples exercise, then that means being able to legally rape children is soon to follow. If we allow the degeneracy of gay marriage, then we logically have to allow all degeneracy.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:29 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
People don't understand what the slippery slope fallacy is.
You've slipped off the slope. The debate here is not about marriage, it's whether sexual relations between certain consenting adults should be illegal. Blocking gay marriage doesn't stop gay sex -and gay sex in the US is not prosecuted as a crime. The question here is whether incestuous behavior should be a punishable crime not whether siblings can be legally married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies