Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:57 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,329 times

Advertisements

Then pretend they innocently forgot? And 16 children dead?

So these parents don't care about their kids if they die of heat stroke it's no loss to them

But Tennessee passed a law allowing a bystander to legally break someone else's car window if they see an unattended child left in the hot car....

Question is why not make this a Federal law

While some parents care zero if their son/daughter die, I'm wondering if having the risk of a broken glass window will do the trick

An

Oh my gosh!!! My children dying of heat stroke, ok..

But yoooo you break the window of my glass, that's the bigger worry

Solution: don't leave your kid in a hot car, you might end up with a broken window and it's not worth the risk of prison and all that money lost on bail...otherwise who would care it's just a kid...but my money and car and freedom from prison comes first

HATE these parents but that's what it takes to put this selfish generation of parents in their place. Losing a child is not the big worry so make them worry they will lose their car window so they learn it's not worth the risk to kill your 4-year old child...not worth it cuz you can get in trouble with the law

Not ....because I love my kid???

Old 07-11-2014, 05:02 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
It does seem to be happening quite a bit but I know in my area we usually hear of at least one or two cases locally (within an hour or so away) every summer. Sadly, sometimes it is actually a day care provider who forgets a child in the vehicle.

I believe most parents who have done this are truly sorry and will live with the guilt for the rest of their lives. Most are an accident...people are tired, worried, distracted and trying to do too much. It just takes one time.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Tennessee passed a law allowing a bystander to legally break someone else's car window if they see an unattended child left in the hot car....

Question is why not make this a Federal law

While some parents care zero if their son/daughter die, I'm wondering if having the risk of a broken glass window will do the trick

An

Oh my gosh!!! My children dying of heat stroke, ok..

But yoooo you break the window of my glass, that's the bigger worry
I highly doubt that anywhere in the US you'd face any legal consequence for breaking the window of a car in which a small child was locked on a hot day.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Then pretend they innocently forgot? And 16 children dead?

Has the incidents increased or the entertainment news coverage? Is it an epidemic or just the media sensationalizing it by pandering to the Jerry Springer crowd that are not interested in major national and world events?

I'm not trying to downplay these incidents but it's really of no interest to me when something like this happens 1000 miles away.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM

952 posts, read 942,878 times
My parents locked me in a hot car many times

...thankfully, it was as a convertible.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I would not care about the consequences of breaking into a car to save a kid. I do care about the legal consequences of what I might do to the unspeakable epithet that left them there. That would not stop me. Same applies to pets left in closed cars.

FWIW - My parents never locked me in a car. They never locked their cars or anything else.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Lightbulb New Fad is Parents lock their children in a hot locked car to die?

No, it isn't new.

As an old guy, I've been hearing these reports for decades. Every summer. You have to realize that in a nation of 315 million people, there are a considerable number of absolute morons. Some of them reproduce. Some of those who reproduce have access to automobiles in hot weather.

Morons + hot weather + automobiles + infants = not good

Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Is it an epidemic or just the media sensationalizing it
You just knocked it over the fence.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:29 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,396,089 times
The only time I hit a woman, as an adult (in college), was when a dog owner locked her Great Dane in a hot car with the windows rolled up in the middle of summer in Texas. The dog was prostrate when I walked by and saw him in the car with the windows rolled up. I broke the car window to get him out.

I punched the dog owner in the face when she arrived about an hour later. I waited to meet her. The dog was turned into the shelter for rehoming. I've only been this angry at a person once since.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:35 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The only time I hit a woman, as an adult (in college), was when a dog owner locked her Great Dane in a hot car with the windows rolled up in the middle of summer in Texas. The dog was prostrate when I walked by and saw him in the car with the windows rolled up. I broke the car window.

I punched the dog owner in the face when she arrived about an hour later and was angry I had broken her window. The dog was turned into the shelter for rehoming. I've only been this angry at a person once since.
Her a$$ should have been in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies