Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Been reading the posts from black posters on here over the years, in blogs, and the news in general, but it seems like the only people concerned with the changing demographics in this country are the old Anglo males. Which begs the question, why should blacks be concerned that Anglos are not going to be the majority anymore? I see the Anglo posters on here saying things like how they don't understand how blacks can tolerate this when they are the victims of illegal immigration. Really? I don't see many blacks protesting the arrival of illegals, it's mostly Anglos. As a white person who is from an island that is 90% non-white, I don't see what is there to be so scared about. Then again, when I was younger, I was the minority and never thought it was a big deal. Didn't matter what race you were or where you came from, if you were born in PR, you are the son/daughter of PR, even if you are Chinese or a "gringo".

I'd like to hear from black posters as well. How do you feel about the changing demographics of the country? Like I said for me, I am not concerned or bothered in the slightest. As long as they stay out of my way, I don't care. I already lived life as a minority growing up, and moving to a state that is majority Anglo I actually experienced discrimination, something I never experienced in majority mixed race Puerto Rico.

By the way, I need to make this clear right now, this topic is not about illegal immigration

Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 PM

596 posts, read 730,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Been reading the posts from black posters on here over the years, in blogs, and the news in general, but it seems like the only people concerned with the changing demographics in this country are the old Anglo males. Which begs the question, why should blacks be concerned that Anglos are not going to be the majority anymore? I see the Anglo posters on here saying things like how they don't understand how blacks can tolerate this when they are the victims of illegal immigration. Really? I don't see many blacks protesting the arrival of illegals, it's mostly Anglos. As a white person who is from an island that is 90% non-white, I don't see what is there to be so scared about. Then again, when I was younger, I was the minority and never thought it was a big deal. Didn't matter what race you were or where you came from, if you were born in PR, you are the son/daughter of PR, even if you are Chinese or a "gringo".

I'd like to hear from black posters as well. How do you feel about the changing demographics of the country? Like I said for me, I am not concerned or bothered in the slightest. As long as they stay out of my way, I don't care. I already lived life as a minority growing up, and moving to a state that is majority Anglo I actually experienced discrimination, something I never experienced in majority mixed race Puerto Rico.

By the way, I need to make this clear right now, this topic is not about illegal immigration
I have way more important things to be concerned about than the changing demographics of this country. White people not being the majority is not going to change my day to day living one bit. It simply doesn't bother me at all. I am curious about your statement above that I bolded. What do you mean by "as long as they stay out of your way"?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,008,374 times
I personally don't care if Whites are the majority of the country or not. I just can't see myself getting upset about the changing demographics. I'm still a minority regardless so it really has no effect on me. I could care less if Hispanics become the majority in the United States.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I personally don't care if Whites are the majority of the country or not. I just can't see myself getting upset about the changing demographics. I'm still a minority regardless so it really has no effect on me. I could care less if Hispanics become the majority in the United States.
You might want to think about why so many millions are fleeing those nations built by hispanics.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Pretty much what I thought as well. Always thought it was kinda cute when I see the English Nativists try to "enlist" blacks to help them get the latinos out of the US, only for blacks to laugh in their face and say that's your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
I have way more important things to be concerned about than the changing demographics of this country. White people not being the majority is not going to change my day to day living one bit. It simply doesn't bother me at all. I am curious about your statement above that I bolded. What do you mean by "as long as they stay out of your way"?
Stay out of my way as in not getting in my way of making my way in life

Old 07-03-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You might want to think about why so many millions are fleeing those nations built by hispanics.
Only a coincidence of location. Blacks from Africa are fleeing to Europe, and their countries are way worse than Latin America. Again, due to geography.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:29 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,797,533 times
How are the communities that Hispanics are taking over in Southern CA doing. Like Santa Ana? Is Southern CA a better place to live now that it is dominated by Hispanics?

Black people are strongly affected by the prosperity of the communities as much as anyone else. If communities and regions go down hill, everyone is impacted, not just whites, but blacks too.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
How are the communities that Hispanics are taking over in Southern CA doing. Like Santa Ana? Is Southern CA a better place to live now that it is dominated by Hispanics?

Black people are strongly affected by the prosperity of the communities as much as anyone else. If communities and regions go down hill, everyone is impacted, not just whites, but blacks too.
Except that blacks don't seem to give a hoot for the reasons I outlined. They were a minority then, are minorities now, and will be minorities in the future.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

It most certainly is about illegal immigration.

Our immigration laws, if used, would not dump thousands upon thousands of people with no skills and nothing to offer into our already weak labor market and bankrupt social programs.

Since the declaration by obama and holder that immigration laws would not be followed, hundreds of thousands more have crossed our borders.

Black unemployment is at all time highs, so I don't understand why the black slave masters like obama, holder, sharpton and jackson are not rallying their people to join in the fight against illegal immigration and amnesty.

But anyway, enjoy!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
I could care less what color they are. The fact the majority support the expansion of the welfare state is what concerns me. Blacks and Hispanics both tend to vote Democratic, therefore little concern among blacks about immigrations.

I believe low-skilled workers and taxpayers of all races should be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies