Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 05:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Better let him have his way or he will shut down the government.
A dual benefit of not enacting the sanctions? I'm good with that even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 09:28 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Agreed.

I will never understand why Americans get themselves so bent out of state over Iran.
It's simple .... a large segment of the populace believe and react just as the talking heads on television instruct them to. Mindless zombie mouth breathers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3...e_gdata_player

Old 07-20-2014, 09:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's simple .... a large segment of the populace believe and react just as the talking heads on television instruct them to. Mindless zombie mouth breathers

https://www.youtube.com/watchTN3s2iV...e_gdata_player
True. I'll never understand the anti Iranian antipathy in.this country.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
True. I'll never understand the anti Iranian antipathy in.this country.

I had an exchange student, from Iran in HS, that had the hots for me.
She insisted she was not from Iran, but from Persia.

If that tells you anything.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I had an exchange student, from Iran in HS, that had the hots for me.
She insisted she was not from Iran, but from Persia.

If that tells you anything.
I had an Iranian girlfriend 30 years ago for about 2 years...same thing . She always said she was Persian, never Iranian.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
The right never ever learns....does it? If you know your history, you would know that it was us getting involved with Iran back in 1953 that started the mess were in today. The CIA sponsoring the coup d'état overthrow of democratically elected Mosadegh and replacing with an actual tyrant, and actually supporting the oppression of the Iranian people until the revolution in 1979.
Mossadegh was never elected, and all the US did was pay iranians to do what they were already going to do, remove a PM who had illegally taken powers from the constitutionally-empowered leader, the shah.

Quote:
who push for the endangerment of American lives by insisting that we get involved in the affairs of other and the US playing world police that absolutely disgust me. Feel free to go over there your selves with your own money to play world police.....don't you dare ask a penny out of my tax dollars in order to endanger American lives. It seems to me that you hate America by insisting on intervention...........why do you hate America and endanger American lives?
You should talk, why are you and the far left stealing MY tax dollars to buy future and current votes from the illegal alien invasions you are allowing in?

And how is the US facing "blowback" for paying iranians, when russia had troops in 21 countries, all puppets, and never faced any blowback for doing far, far worse? Or is it easier for the lunatic far elft to just blame the US for every problem in the world?

Old 07-20-2014, 01:59 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Mossadegh was never elected, and all the US did was pay iranians to do what they were already going to do, remove a PM who had illegally taken powers from the constitutionally-empowered leader, the shah.
And what source would show he was not democratically elected? And so what if his election was illegal, it was the will of the people. Legal and illegal doesn't matter. For instance......
During the American revolution, Im sure that the British saw our overthrowing of their power as illegal as well. And during the Nazi regime in WW II, the massacre and extermination of the Jews was legal according to German law. You should look past the fact whether something is legal or illegal.

Quote:
You should talk, why are you and the far left stealing MY tax dollars to buy future and current votes from the illegal alien invasions you are allowing in?
I'm sorry, I looked back at the posts on this thread and I never mentioned any support of allowing illegals in

But its ok, but keep making personal attacks, assuming things and changing the subject. That will show people how great your argument stands

If I had it my way, I would ensure harsh and severe sentences to any corporation or individual who hires an illegal worker, and have e-verify made mandatory for all employment. You would see illegal immigration stop if that happened.

Quote:
And how is the US facing "blowback" for paying iranians, when russia had troops in 21 countries, all puppets, and never faced any blowback for doing far, far worse? Or is it easier for the lunatic far elft to just blame the US for every problem in the world?
Never said that the US was responsible for all the ills in the world. But hey its kind of hard not to see why some Iranians have a grudge on us......I mean we only helped Iraq gas the Iranians...

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

You righties are so silly, insiting on limited govt. but yet using the goverments power to interfere in the lives of foreign countries and their citizens.....sure does sound like limited govt. to me

Old 07-20-2014, 05:31 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
And what source would show he was not democratically elected?
Uh, what source besides every history book and the news media? According to the iranian constitution, the PM is APPOINTED by the shah, but you already knew that, didn't you? I'll bet you also knew that the shah by that same constitution had control over the military, foreign policy, etc., which mossadegh attempted to usurp. So many iranians decided to remove him from power, and would have done so with or without US involvement, which consisted of paying them to do so, and printing posters. Big deal.

Quote:
And so what if his election was illegal, it was the will of the people. Legal and illegal doesn't matter. For instance......
Again, go do some research before sounding even more ignorant. Clearly you've read too many dailykos posters with the blathering "US overthrew a democratically-elected government" nonsense without having done any, so today would be a good time to start.

Quote:
And during the Nazi regime in WW II, the massacre and extermination of the Jews was legal according to German law. You should look past the fact whether something is legal or illegal.
No it wasn't, there was never a law on the books, including the nuremberg laws of 1933, where it was ever legal to murder anyone. Do you make this nonsense up as you go along?

Quote:
Never said that the US was responsible for all the ills in the world. But hey its kind of hard not to see why some Iranians have a grudge on us
Really? Why is that? The british burned down the white house in 1812, but the US doesn't hold a grudge. Russia had troops and puppet, oppressive/murderous regimes in 21 whole countries from 1945 to 1989, yet we don't see blowback or any of those 21 countries murdering russians. Wonder why that is...

Quote:
I mean we only helped Iraq gas the Iranians
Really? How so?

Old 07-20-2014, 05:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
I had an Iranian girlfriend 30 years ago for about 2 years...same thing . She always said she was Persian, never Iranian.

The nation of Iran, was forced upon the Persian kingdom, in order to create Israel, in the 1950's.

There has been war there ever since.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
The british burned down the white house in 1812, but the US doesn't hold a grudge.
Not exactly true. You might want to read up on the Niagara Campaign of 1814. It did not work out as well as the US had hoped, which is why you will not find any mention of it in your typical US history books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies