Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Go to border, or just talk to rancher that live there, I have, I worked a summer on ranch and it is all at hell down there, they have people running ATV`s of heroin across their ranch, and the border patrol never came in time to stop them it go so bad Johnathan had to sell the ranch..

This idea that it is a middle is a lie..It is very bad on the border.
Again the truth is somewhere in between, I doubt it is complete chaos.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
It is an invasion. Illegals are pouring over our border. With that comes drugs gang members. Our own Homeland Security said 80% are males, teens and over 17 yrs old.

I do not know where you are getting your information but when gang bangers are shooting people, chopping off heads and raping kids....just remember you said it wasn't an invasion.
And this is happening where in the US? Seriously, you guys just eat up all this fear mongering.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So we need to import more? Come on Urban you are way better than that. This surge has been sold to the public as a wave of children. When people envision children most of us think preteen to early teen. The Admin also knows this. But it's a hard to garner sympathy for young adults breaking our laws.
I seriously doubt they are all criminals trying to come here to be criminals. Most are looking for a better life, and I don't blame them.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And this is happening where in the US? Seriously, you guys just eat up all this fear mongering.
This is from late last year.

Video shows organized raid on US-Mexico border: Agents say assault is first of its kind there - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

Old 07-18-2014, 08:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I thinks its funny... the border is secure because people are turning themselves in to get into the country... before people had to SNEAK in to get into the country... going from sneaking in to turning themselves in, means the border is not secure, its gotten worse...

Old 07-18-2014, 08:55 AM

And? The article read like it was confused on the purpose they were doing from the beginning.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:56 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Term limits...He is the poster boy for such!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Term limits...He is the poster boy for such!
Oh I totally support term limits for members of Congress.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dperry9 View Post
Who is "them"? You mean the entire Latino population, who have been emigrating to this country for well over a century? Or do you mean just the illegals?

As I stated above, they come to find work. And they stay because they find it. And they keep the jobs they get because a big chunk of our economy employs them.

But if you'd like to start chipping in to mow America's lawns and pick its factory farmed tomatoes and lettuce in order to keep America pure, knock yourself out.

Harry Reid has nothing to do with any of this. It predates him by many, many decades.
I love how some of you still try to use the stereotype of how all illegals are just here "doing the jobs Americans won't do"
That may have been the case twenty years ago but those days are long over.
Illegals are no longer just maids, ditch diggers and fruit pickers.
Go to just about any construction site and you will find illegal carpenters, masons, painters, plumbers and even electricians.
Go into the few factories that are left in this country and you will find illegals working industrial production jobs.
Jobs that were once decent paying vocations of choice for Americans who either could not afford college or were just more inclined to a blue collar career path.

So don't give me the pity them or your petunias will die routine.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I love how some of you still try to use the stereotype of how all illegals are just here "doing the jobs Americans won't do"
That may have been the case twenty years ago but those days are long over.
Illegals are no longer just maids, ditch diggers and fruit pickers.
Go to just about any construction site and you will find illegal carpenters, masons, painters, plumbers and even electricians.
Go into the few factories that are left in this country and you will find illegals working industrial production jobs.
Jobs that were once decent paying vocations of choice for Americans who either could not afford college or were just more inclined to a blue collar career path.

So don't give me the pity them or your petunias will die routine.

Good Post. Very true, maybe years and years ago, they were ditch diggers and our fruit pickers no more.

They have taken jobs in many fields away from hard working Americans. This should never come to be at all. And these employers who are caught hiring illegal workers, need to be punished to the damn max.

Don't make it easy on these people, guess what they won't want to come. Send out the welcome baskets and welcome mat, and the people will come in floods. Which is what Obama has done during his 6 years. But if you remember, he was the one that was going to get a handle on this situation. Secure the borders and protect and secure border towns. No another thing he did not live up too.
Obvious other Countries see him for the weak leader he truly is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies