Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:43 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,449,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?
"there are more Communists still teaching in American Universities than there are in all of Russia today"....Boris Yeltsin...in a speech in Houston..........maybe that is why....!

Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM

45,636 posts, read 27,250,610 times
It's a total system failure... politicians, and the people who vote them in.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:45 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,535,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
"there are more Communists still teaching in American Universities than there are in all of Russia today"....Boris Yeltsin...in a speech in Houston..........maybe that is why....!
Boris Yeltsin? Are you serious?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,481,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Fake quote from a real drunk.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:52 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,434,040 times
Quote:
I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?
I'm 47 and was raised Republican. Once I grew up, I began to realize what a bunch of snobby elitists my extended family is. I am no longer Republican, nor am I Democrat. I don't need a party to tell me how and what to think. I have certain beliefs that fall into both camps.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:55 PM

18,411 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:

a sentence that doesn't say anything. want to elaborate? a link to the many dems that want to redesign the usa? just how do "they want to redesign? how do they show their hatred of the way our country is? a slogan, a pledge?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,952,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What? You guys elected them. Don't blame the banks. Blame the people who aren't holding their elected officials accountable.
I don't get to vote for Fed Chairman and I certainly don't vote for establishment D or R candidates nor the slime they surround themselves with. You could definitely blame those that do though.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,472,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yeah, you guys are always questioning our patriotism while going to war at every opportunity and favoring corporations over (actual) people. Nothing new here.
They hate Obama more than they love America.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:07 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,529,378 times
Ask any liberal what America should be, and he'll chew your ear off. Ask him what's wrong with America, and he'll offer you a reading list. But ask him what America is-- besides a massive social service center or a collection of war crimes and corporations, and he'll have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.

“A Liberal Paradise would be a place where everybody
has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare,
free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities;
and only Law Enforcement has guns.

Such a place does exist.

It’s called prison.”

(Ayn Rand)

Old 07-21-2014, 02:10 PM

35,105 posts, read 31,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm 47 and was raised Republican. Once I grew up, I began to realize what a bunch of snobby elitists my extended family is. I am no longer Republican, nor am I Democrat. I don't need a party to tell me how and what to think. I have certain beliefs that fall into both camps.
I have some fairly liberal social views, so I'm not a lock-step Republican, but the difference between the anti-American left and patriots on the right (not all Republicans are patriots) could not be more pronounced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies