Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No problem. Maybe you'll get a response.

Don't hold your breath. The people who think they own patriotism usually can't tell you anything they've done to pay for it.
I doubt I will get any reply to the simple question. Very often that is exactly the case.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:39 PM

4,420 posts, read 3,201,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
1000 National Guard, I wish it was 10,000
10,000 young men with guns, trained at warfare, to face unarmed 9 year olds. Yeah, what could go wrong?

What are they supposed to do?

The wave of children refugees are not trying to escape the border patrol. They are walking up to them and surrendering. (And there are less of them this month than the month before or the month before).

What would you have an armed National Guard do, exactly? Shoot nine year olds in cold blood?

And if so - the border patrol could already be doing that so the National Guard is unnecessary.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM

62,999 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
10,000 young men with guns, trained at warfare, to face unarmed 9 year olds. Yeah, what could go wrong?

The wave of children refugees are not trying to escape the border patrol. They are walking up to them and surrendering. (And there are less of them this month than the month before or the month before).

What would you have an armed National Guard do, exactly? Shoot nine year olds in cold blood?

And if so - the border patrol could already be doing that so the National Guard is unnecessary.
Why the constant reference to nine year olds? From what I have read most of these so-called kids are much older than that and many of them are adult men and gang bangers. I am not a fan of violence however unless it is in self-defense.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:

Stop with the children bit, most of these people are 16 or older, and a great deal of the are members of M-S-13..We are not going to open this nation to the hordes of the 3rd world just to be saved from being called names.

They are to turn them back.

Yes I know, we have to pervent them from entering this nation to begin with, a fence would do that.

No one wants that, and your idea that would just proves how out of touch your leftist are.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?

Tell that to the members of the military who are Democrats.

I'm a combat vet and a liberal.

I love it when somebody questions the patriotism of roughly half the country without a modicum of facts. It seems to happen a lot in C-D.

Liberals love this country just as much as you or any conservative, Emigrations. You need to get out more and actually talk to people.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:51 AM

35,092 posts, read 31,339,345 times
Quote:

If you think all of the people coming across the border are harmless *children,* I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,680,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
It seems? How do I feel? Go get some data and get a real opinion. There are plenty of things that seem to be the case, but aren't. As for how people feel about things they should save that for their interpersonal relationships. you shouldn't have feelings towards an idea.
Well, listening to Rush has it's consequences. One being the lack of initiative to think for one's self. Too many of us here end up debating the likes of Limbaugh and other notorious gas bags of the right to no avail, people who fail to think are always ready to follow.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Well, listening to Rush has it's consequences. One being the lack of initiative to think for one's self. Too many of us here end up debating the likes of Limbaugh and other notorious gas bags of the right to no avail, people who fail to think are always ready to follow.
*9* year olds isn't an argument.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
If you think all of the people coming across the border are harmless *children,* I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

If you think many of the people coming across the border are NOT harmless *children,* I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:01 PM

62,999 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Tell that to the members of the military who are Democrats.

I'm a combat vet and a liberal.

I love it when somebody questions the patriotism of roughly half the country without a modicum of facts. It seems to happen a lot in C-D.

Liberals love this country just as much as you or any conservative, Emigrations. You need to get out more and actually talk to people.
Far too many liberals are ok with the illegal invasion of our country. How does that equate to love of this country especially if they served in our military and sworn to protect it from harm both foreign and domestic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies