Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
...and bad information
Specifically what bad information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 05:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you found a gun that is does not specifically have a safety switch, brilliant but who cares it has another mechanism and that amounts to a big so what. There are plenty of guns that have a safety switch. The Glock operates on extreme pressure and there is a plastic stop, the point is you better know how your gun is protected from firing and many do not.

Not impressed.
IBTFL

I found "a" gun?

But the comedy gets better as your post goes on.....

The Glock operates on extreme pressure? The G19 comes out of the factory with a 5.5 lb trigger pull and anyone who knows anything about guns would know that 5.5 lbs is not a heavy trigger pull or "extreme pressure". We won't even get into your asinine "safety switch" terminology. The way a gun is protected from firing is keeping your finger off the trigger. Plain and simple. The fact that you're not impressed with my post is a good thing because you have absolutely no clue in this discussion. Why do you try to pretend to be in the know when you are completely clueless about this subject?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I love giving Googling hitsheds a hard time when they say something insanely ignorant as if they have a clue.

The safety trigger point was made back a few pages.

Magazine and clip are interchangeable.

Quote:
Magazine and clip are interchangeable

Not so much.....

Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
A number of companies make a gun to the M1911 standard, and a number of people even career military use it and prefer it. Its reliable, has a nice weighty feel to it, you can get it or have it modified to use 38, 44 and 7.62 mm small arms ammo, is not to difficult to make it fully automatic you can buy kits) and you usually stick with a gun you are used to and probably learned to shoot with growing up. Lastly it can be tuned up to be very accurate for target shooting and you can get a laser target designator for it.

If you think not knowing about guns on the left is scary , what do you think of a leftist who is a NRA member (I like reading parts of the American Rifleman mag.) and got the BSA Marksmanship (to get this you need to take the NRA Junior Marksmanship course) merit badge 46 years ago.
Quote:
is not to difficult to make it fully automatic you can buy kits)

Looking for a vacation in Club Fed are we????

Old 07-24-2014, 06:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Not so much.....

I know there is a difference and guess what I have heard people use the terms interchangeably many many times, even fellow soldiers. You are being far too picky, me thinks it is just argueing to be argueing.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:38 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
A number of companies make a gun to the M1911 standard, and a number of people even career military use it and prefer it. Its reliable, has a nice weighty feel to it, you can get it or have it modified to use 38, 44 and 7.62 mm small arms ammo, is not to difficult to make it fully automatic you can buy kits) and you usually stick with a gun you are used to and probably learned to shoot with growing up. Lastly it can be tuned up to be very accurate for target shooting and you can get a laser target designator for it.

If you think not knowing about guns on the left is scary , what do you think of a leftist who is a NRA member (I like reading parts of the American Rifleman mag.) and got the BSA Marksmanship (to get this you need to take the NRA Junior Marksmanship course) merit badge 46 years ago.
Please point me to these kits. I don't plan on buying one but I would like for you to prove your point on easy access.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:44 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Quote:
The way a gun is protected from firing is keeping your finger off the trigger. Plain and simple.
Worth repeating.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:13 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Worth repeating.

I prefer "bogger hook off the bang switch"!!! Easier for some people to understand....

Old 07-24-2014, 03:14 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe they got their training from their local law enforcement academy?
Then they would know to keep one in the pipe.....

Old 07-24-2014, 03:47 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Back when I carried a Colt .45 pistol I kept it "cocked and locked" with the thumb safety on and a round in the chamber and a replacement in the magazine. That pistol also has a grip safety that prevents it from firing if it is not being held in a firm grip. If I had to use it I most likely would not have had the time to load a round by cycling the slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies