Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 02:24 PM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You may not wish to admit it but you are. You suffer from their actions. Do people from other races, not only the white people, act guarded around you? Do they act suspicious of you? A nice Sears appliance repair technician informed me not two weeks ago that whenever he went into a white person's home to repair their microwave or something, that they almost always stayed right with him during the whole of the service call. He said they just didn't trust him enough to leave him by himself in their homes. I'm sorry but the actions of the barbarians are a cloud over the civilized. That's just the way it is.
The way people act around me is does not make me responsible for the actions of those who happen to be Black and commit crimes. I'm not responsible for that because I didn't contribute to it. Those who act guarded around me, even though I am not someone to be afraid of, they are responsible. I am not responsible for their fallacious assumptions about me. They are. Consider this. There are Blacks who have a distrust for Whites because of history. Would like you that?

"Actions of the barbarians are a cloud over the civilized", I do not care. You do not have to think the way you do. You are responsible for the way YOU think. I am not responsible for how you think. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...'they might kill me."

Geez..how wimpy is that.
There are a couple of projects here in Pensacola that even the police don't go into after dark.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
There's a world of difference. You aren't stigmatized by the Manson family. Blacks are stigmatized by news coverages of Black people rioting, shooting at first responders as in Katrina, looting of flooded stores as in Katrina, constant protesting, etc. The Black woman with the Obamaphone video went viral. You all know this so there's little use in denying.
The question is this. What is the point of stigmatizing the rest of the Black population for the actions of the underclass Blacks? What do you expect me to do about those underclass persons who won't listen to anyone?

Old 07-27-2014, 02:27 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,670,118 times
The GOP has a lock on the religious voting block and that has cost them. The Democrats lock on the black vote helped them win the White House in the last two elections. What is more odd is that the GOP doesn't really deliver anything to the Christian right. Some Republicans are considering not using language in their speeches about social issues. Is it a double standard for conservatives to think its okay for Republicans to be guaranteed votes from the Religious right but not okay for Democrats to be guaranteed votes from blacks? IMO The Christian Right has made its self irrelevant while weakening the GOP in national elections.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The way people act around me is does not make me responsible for the actions of those who happen to be Black and commit crimes. I'm not responsible for that because I didn't contribute to it. Those who act guarded around me, even though I am not someone to be afraid of, they are responsible. I am not responsible for their fallacious assumptions about me. They are. Consider this. There are Blacks who have a distrust for Whites because of history. Would like you that?

"Actions of the barbarians are a cloud over the civilized", I do not care. You do not have to think the way you do. You are responsible for the way YOU think. I am not responsible for how you think. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?
Personal responsibility is a major plank in the Republican Party's platform. Republicans desire for the people to be gainfully employed and off entitlement programs.

As far as Blacks holding me responsible for the actions of some whites in the past, I could care less. I don't go into the Black communities, have no need to go there, and have no Black friends. I do have a Black contractor hired to keep up my yard. He's the only Black person I have any interface with on a regular basis.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The GOP has a lock on the religious voting block and that has cost them. The Democrats lock on the black vote helped them win the White House in the last two elections. What is more odd is that the GOP doesn't really deliver anything to the Christian right. Some Republicans are considering not using language in their speeches about social issues. Is it a double standard for conservatives to think its okay for Republicans to be guaranteed votes from the Religious right but not okay for Democrats to be guaranteed votes from blacks? IMO The Christian Right has made its self irrelevant while weakening the GOP in national elections.
It was the Democrats who voted to leave God out of their convention but quickly moved to over-ride their own vote and put it back in. Yes, Christians will vote for the lesser of two evils.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
There are a couple of projects here in Pensacola that even the police don't go into after dark.
And the Black people who can afford to live elsewhere won't go there either. You see, I can think critically. I know which segment of the Black population is the most likely to live in those projects. And the Blacks who have the means won't live in those projects. Those who don't have as much means but are taking care of business, they try to get out as soon as possible. Those who are the most likely to be long terms residents are those who are terminally unemployable, those who are in the cycle of out of wedlock births, gang members, etc.

None of that has anything to do with Black people who are being diligent, who are taking care of business. This is why I find your thinking quite screwed up. You are blaming the entire Black population for the actions of a smaller part of the Black population. Tell me, how am I responsible? What did I do to cause such problems? Why do I deserve to be treated poorly because of those who happen to be irresponsible?

Old 07-27-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The question is this. What is the point of stigmatizing the rest of the Black population for the actions of the underclass Blacks? What do you expect me to do about those underclass persons who won't listen to anyone?
There is no point but the fact remain that they are. Because something is wrong does not mean it isn't happening. Get out of La La Land. I don't expect you to do anything about it. You have no sway on the Black community. Neither do I. Your Black leaders do though and should step up to the plate. Maybe they would listen to Shelia Jackson or some of those folks. They wouldn't listen to Ted Cruz or Mitt Romney though and you know it.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Personal responsibility is a major plank in the Republican Party's platform. Republicans desire for the people to be gainfully employed and off entitlement programs.

As far as Blacks holding me responsible for the actions of some whites in the past, I could care less. I don't go into the Black communities, have no need to go there, and have no Black friends. I do have a Black contractor hired to keep up my yard. He's the only Black person I have any interface with on a regular basis.
Well then, that shows me you aren't interested in anything but holding the entire Black population for the stupidity of the lowest common denominator of the Black population. According to you, there are no good Black people, despite showing you evidence of the opposite. Being shown differently, and refusing to change, that is a sign of thinking in a very stupid manner.

And when I mention personal responsibility, I was talking about YOUR though processes.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
There is no point but the fact remain that they are. Because something is wrong does not mean it isn't happening. Get out of La La Land. I don't expect you to do anything about it. You have no sway on the Black community. Neither do I. Your Black leaders do though and should step up to the plate. Maybe they would listen to Shelia Jackson or some of those folks. They wouldn't listen to Ted Cruz or Mitt Romney though and you know it.
I have no control over "my black leaders". I don't even know them. I can only control me. Those from the underclass won't even listen when someone is talking since. Bill Cosby showed us that when he criticized members of the underclass for their failures.

I'm quite aware that just because something is wrong doesn't mean it won't happen. I've been shown that based on your own thought processes. It is a wrong way of thinking because your thinking is that of "judge everyone based on a few". Neither one of us have any sway. So why do you complain about Black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies