Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 10:47 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That is unfortunate. We didn't have racial tensions in our school. I'll never forget one white girl who kept threatening me. One day there we were, in the BR, then one of the black girls, walked in and saw what was going on. She got between us with her face in the white girls face and said if you lay a finger on her your mine. The girl never bothered me again lol. I appreciated V, she was cool.

Unfortunately after Obama and learning that this is what blacks want, I view blacks in a different way. With Obama, I've learned we don't have much in common.
I don't know if your school didn't have it or not. The truth is, the tensions were there before President Obama came. And you know what, this election showed me that there were many Whites who didn't want a Black man to be the President of this nation. Perhaps the fact is, the election showed that Blacks are Whites still have alot of tensions between each other.

And how I do know you didn't view Blacks that way before?

And if you really do have a resentment against Blacks, then there isn't much I can say to you. I'm not going to change to make anyone happy. I have me to look after. I will say this. If you really want Blacks to stop voting Democrat, ask yourself why Blacks have little trust for Republicans. Ask yourself what YOU can do.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
As I like to say. You know both parties are going to *********, it's just a question of who is going to bring the alcohol and lube.
Said so eloquently and perfectly.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
As I like to say. You know both parties are going to *********, it's just a question of who is going to bring the alcohol and lube.
That is basically it. People will vote for who makes them feel good about themselves. They aren't going to vote for those who make them feel like crap or ignore them.

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know if your school didn't have it or not. The truth is, the tensions were there before President Obama came. And you know what, this election showed me that there were many Whites who didn't want a Black man to be the President of this nation. Perhaps the fact is, the election showed that Blacks are Whites still have alot of tensions between each other.

And if you really do have a resentment against Blacks, then there isn't much I can say to you. I'm not going to change to make anyone happy. I have me to look after. I will say this. If you really want Blacks to stop voting Democrat, ask yourself why Blacks have little trust for Republicans. Ask yourself what YOU can do.
Exactly. And a black president brought out all the closet racists.

Quote:

Oh for gods sake. He got elected didn't he, that means the majority of people didn't care. And how the HELL do you read resentment in my post. You focus on racial tension and with a laser focus like you have you'll see what you want. Give it a break. You'll find life is so much better without all that anger.

Stop begging me to beg you to vote republican. It won't happen lol

Old 08-02-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
At least you aren't being attack like Obama does to people like me. As for getting crumbs. I don't expect anything or get anything from government but it sure would be nice for government to get out of my pocket, at least not be reaching in so deep.
We Blacks get attacked by Republicans. Newt Gingrich making his nefarious assumptions about Blacks. Trent Lott admitting admiration for a racist Dixiecrat, RIck Santorum and his comments.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Oh for gods sake. He got elected didn't he, that means the majority of people didn't care. And how the HELL do you read resentment in my post. You focus on racial tension and with a laser focus like you have you'll see what you want. Give it a break. You'll find life is so much better without all that anger.

Stop begging me to beg you to vote republican. It won't happen lol
You bring up race too. You say that your feelings about Blacks have changed, and negatively. You have brought up race several times. What else am I suppose to think other than resentment?

And speaking of anger, I sense alot of anger from you based on your comments, so until you get rid of it, you cannot tell me to get rid of my anger.

And the way I look at it, if you are so concerned about who people vote for, do something about it. Constantly talking about it hasn't brought any results. Only anger gets stirred up.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
We Blacks get attacked by Republicans. Newt Gingrich making his nefarious assumptions about Blacks. Trent Lott admitting admiration for a racist Dixiecrat, RIck Santorum and his comments.
And then there was Dirty Harry's and Joe Bidens racist comments. Oh and the fear mongering "they'll put you back in chains"

Old 08-02-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
You bring up race too. You say that your feelings about Blacks have changed, and negatively. You have brought up race several times. What else am I suppose to think other than resentment?

And speaking of anger, I sense alot of anger from you based on your comments, so until you get rid of it, you cannot tell me to get rid of my anger.

And the way I look at it, if you are so concerned about who people vote for, do something about it. Constantly talking about it hasn't brought any results. Only anger gets stirred up.
You've had the resentment all your life. It was probably taught to you and if so your parents didnt do you any favors teaching you to be like that.

As for me, nope, still no anger or resentment, after Obama I have a better understanding of what you view as a good president, what you want, and a realization that everything is about race to you. We have nothing, not even our thinking or world view in common, in fact quite the opposite

Old 08-02-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Exactly. And a black president brought out all the closet racists.
Well, this is what I remember. I was on facebook the day of the election. I deleted a few people because of their comments. One person said "Obama should run, not fly, back to Kenya". Try to think about the stereotypes attached to that. Another person posted a cartoon portraying President Obama as a monkey smoking a joint. To me, it was a matter of "why shouldn't I read anything racial into this?".

To me, it was "if you make racist comments about one person based on being Black, you're making them about me too".

The elections have brought out some closet racists. There has been a rise in people joining hate groups such as the KKK and Neo-Nazi groups in this time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/us...says.html?_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies