Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:41 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's cute how the right wing likens Obama to a Messiah or "Dear Leader" like North Korea. It seems the right wing still thinks smear campaigns and propaganda works better than actual policy and ideas..... That pretty much sums the state of conservatism and why I left.

Tools used by Dems as a regular practice.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea,.. as expected. To liberals people who hold right wing values don't matter, their way or you are [insert typical names from liberals]. A president supposed to be president to "all Americans".
Where did I make that claim..... If you want to convince people you have an argument.... It's best not to put words in other people's mouths......

Old 07-25-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The cult of the Marxist messiah has been effective, and one of his apostles claims it warrants inclusion in the Bible.

Jesse Jackson, Jr. hailed Obama's presumptive nomination as "the single most extraordinary event" in American history, even a redemptive act of divine revelation: "The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLZ..... Can't debate the issues so lets call Obama the messiah. Better yet, let's use Jesse Jacksons Jr!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're cute.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Tools used by Dems as a regular practice.
Used by both parties. But let's not pretend the Right has been pretty consistent with their hate now that their candidate isn't in the oval office.

Or maybe Bush's name didn't lend itself to such creative insults.... Obamunism, Obots, etc. Not really sure, but those tactics really turn off us independents and pragmatics.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:30 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Or maybe Bush's name didn't lend itself to such creative insults.... Obamunism, Obots, etc. Not really sure, but those tactics really turn off us independents and pragmatics.
I don't recall Bush ever having a bizarre cult-like following.

And I'm guessing you're not turned off by the even more offensive terms from the other side such as "teahadist", "domestic terrorist", "American Taliban", etc.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
It was embarrassing then and still is. Americans demonstrated that groupie mentality that is so common among the weak minded. People lining up to be sheep.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:55 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1) The adulation is over. It's been over for a while. For those who voted for Obama there is now little more than resignation, defensivenenss, attempts to defend or attempts to change the subject left.

2) True haters have been hating from the get-go.

3) Those who were embarassed or concerned about the blind adulation way-back-when (as well as the blind hatred) have always just shaken their head at both 1 and 2.

I do not understand emotional investment in a public servant, and will never understand it. It is misplaced and highly inappropriate to hate or love someone whose salary we pay. Just do the damn job already and we'll get along just fine. I don't need any more than that.
Well said. It's like people want a king or someone to rule over them, even if they lack integrity.

I just want someone to come in and prove they can do the job. Smiling mugs and baby huggers who say everything I want to hear don't impress me. I will be impressed a year or two down the road when you (president, the one I have to pay) do the job you say you will do with integrity. More results, less charisma/pomp and circumstance.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
I find it amusing that the right just love to claim those that agreed with Obama and thought he was the better alternative over what the right presented are a bunch of sheep that worship the ground he walks on and consider him the Messiah. As if the right does not have exactly the same among their ranks. Or don't they, go after Ron Paul and you will see exactly, if not worse, hero worship and attacks on those that dare claim he is anything but the only way to save America and the Second coming of Christ. So have your fun, in two years it will be your turn and believe me the Lefties are gonna have a great deal of fun sticking that knife in and twisting it over and over and over.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It was embarrassing then and still is. Americans demonstrated that groupie mentality that is so common among the weak minded. People lining up to be sheep.
For a visual of the creepy democratic Obama cult

https://www.google.com/search?q=VISU...h=696#imgdii=_

Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
The Shadow Party: How George Soros, Hillary Clinton and Sixties Radicals Siezed Control of the Democratic Party, my co-author David Horowitz and I trace the rise of Alinsky's political influence.

Excelled at wooing wealthy funders. Start-up money for his Industrial Areas Foundation a training school for radical organizers. Alinsky's crowning achievement was his recruitment of a young high school student named Hillary Rodham. She met Alinsky through a radical church group. Hillary wrote an analysis of Alinsky's methods for her senior thesis at Wellesley College. They remained friends until Alinsky's death in 1972.

Alinsky tried to hire Hillary as a community organizer, but she chose instead to attend Yale Law School. Nonetheless, Alinsky's network continued guiding Hillary's career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies