Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:30 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
If a woman hits your are spits on you, that's an issue and one a man should respond to by leaving the situation.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:36 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Are you saying your reaction would not be different if it was a stranger on the street or your life partner?
I would get punished the same right? I would try to restrain myself regardless. I don't think my relationship will in anyway make me believe it's okay to hit one woman more than another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I possibly was not clear (like the original rant) but I heard the original radio show and picked up my reaction from the "tone and attitude" before reading the rant or before other internet reactions.
Okay. I disagree with your interpretation though.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Scratch a liberal; see the fascist underneath.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Let's talk about equality for a minute. When a woman provokes a man into hitting her, why is only the man held legally responsible? That doesn't seem equal.

He should of course be arrested for hitting her, but shouldn't she be arrested for causing him to hit her? In essence, didn't she batter herself?
No, No, No. A man could kill or disfigure a woman with one hit, and cause her a lot of pain physically and emotionally. The man is not going to die from whatever a woman says to him. She may cause him a lot of pain, as we know, words can cut to the bone, but we can't start prosecuting over words said in a private argument. It's bad enough as it is, as PC as we've gotten.

We always told our boys not to ever hit a girl, and told my daughter not to ever hit a boy, except under certain circumstances, if she were being attacked physically, etc... It seems quite a few girls in middle school and high school were slapping guys around and giggling about it because they knew they wouldn't hit them back. That infuriated all of us mothers of boys. I told my daughter if she did that, she just might get hit back. Of course I'd be furious, but she knew that could be a consequence of her actions. I told her that, hoping she would think long and hard about thinking she could slap some guy around. Thank goodness she wasn't one to go around hitting anyone.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree if my son ever hit a woman for no reason other than her running her mouth, he'd be dealing with me. However; should it come down to where she starts assaulting him, where serious injury could occur, I would not have an issue with him exercising his right to defend himself. Remember, everything is case by case. I personally think men who beat and/or verbally abuse their wives are the lowest of low, but I also don't think highly of women who do it either. And yes by nature men are physically stronger than women.
Why women aren't in the NFL. It is just nature. Don't get me wrong my daughter is friggen evil..........lol. I used to say I'll whup anybody who tries to date her now I just feel sorry for em when that day comes. Guys go play football for a reason............girls go do dance crap. Just the way it goes. Why folks......liberals............try and change that I will never know. Just control freaks I guess.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
No, No, No. A man could kill or disfigure a woman with one hit, and cause her a lot of pain physically and emotionally. The man is not going to die from whatever a woman says to him. She may cause him a lot of pain, as we know, words can cut to the bone, but we can't start prosecuting over words said in a private argument. It's bad enough as it is, as PC as we've gotten.

We always told our boys not to ever hit a girl, and told my daughter not to ever hit a boy, except under certain circumstances, if she were being attacked physically, etc... It seems quite a few girls in middle school and high school were slapping guys around and giggling about it because they knew they wouldn't hit them back. That infuriated all of us mothers of boys. I told my daughter if she did that, she just might get hit back. Of course I'd be furious, but she knew that could be a consequence of her actions. I told her that, hoping she would think long and hard about thinking she could slap some guy around. Thank goodness she wasn't one to go around hitting anyone.
Your right...........although I tell my girl to beat any boy who would ever attack her. I will be getting her a snub .38 I think in November on her sixteenth birthday. All girls should have an iron IMO. They aren't strong enought to fight off perverts and there are a lot out there. Gun evens it up.

As for boys you just don't hit girls. I guess that is now "old school" think. But it is right think. Kids are all crazy now anyway..............girls slapping boys around?? Hey just go home. Is common sense that lost?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
So women are equal to men and should be allowed to fight in combat zones, but at the same time a man should never hit a woman because they are weak and fragile. Right. Got it.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
So women are equal to men and should be allowed to fight in combat zones, but at the same time a man should never hit a woman because they are weak and fragile. Right. Got it.
I was raised a guy never hits a girl. A combat zone is not hand to hand anymore it's blow everything up. Girl can push a button too.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:40 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
You can tell a lot of posters here are just dying for a reason to punch a woman out. Pretty nauseating.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You can tell a lot of posters here are just dying for a reason to punch a woman out. Pretty nauseating.

as long as they keep their hands to themselves, I'm very cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies