Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 AM

430 posts, read 379,975 times

Advertisements

Target reports 62% drop in earnings, cuts profit forecast - LA Times

Wonder if this has anything to do with 2 political hotcakes? Guns and Homosexual marriage....

Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Target reports 62% drop in earnings, cuts profit forecast - LA Times

Wonder if this has anything to do with 2 political hotcakes? Guns and Homosexual marriage....
Or maybe they should not build their stores right across the street from a Walmart, that is a no win situation.
Why would them ASKING gun owners to not carry their weapons in their stores harm their business, I do not know any rational gun owners that cared one way or the other. Seems like you would like to assume that is a cause, why is that.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or maybe they should not build their stores right across the street from a Walmart, that is a no win situation.
Why would them ASKING gun owners to not carry their weapons in their stores harm their business, I do not know any rational gun owners that cared one way or the other. Seems like you would like to assume that is a cause, why is that.

Something to that. Here in Fort Worth we have a Sam's Club and a Super-Store Walmart right next to each other, close to Ridgmar Mall. Target decided to open a store across the street from the Sams/Walmart, which I did not think was a good idea. I do like that said Target is usually not crowded when we visit.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:54 AM

430 posts, read 379,975 times
Its stepping on the toes of the 2nd amendment.I personally REFUSE to shop at any place that publicly announces no guns allowed or wanted..that's just an open invitation for criminals who DUH don't follow the law to rob people.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Its stepping on the toes of the 2nd amendment.I personally REFUSE to shop at any place that publicly announces no guns allowed or wanted..that's just an open invitation for criminals who DUH don't follow the law to rob people.
I agree, I stopped going to target as well as chipotle recently because of their changes in policy. I support business with my hard earned dollars that support my civil rights

Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Target is losing out to all the other discount chains. Also, they made a mistake by putting majority of their stores in the same zone where there's a Walmart or Family Dollar Store less than 300 feet away. They have great quality merchandise but some of their general prices are slightly higher than other retailers.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times
Quote:
It doesn't. Seriously you joined this forum to post this kind nonsense?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:04 AM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
I notice a general decline in Target merchandising. I used to love to go in there and see what they had in the way of home decor, etc. Shabby Chic, Michael Graves, etc. they had a really neat selection, I got a very nice fireplace screen there and log basket one year. It was almost dangerous for me to go in there because I found so many things I liked. The store felt "unique" in some way, you know, cheap chic and all that.

The last time I had occasion to go in one, I walked around and left disappointed. Something has changed. Dull, dull, dull merchandise, over-priced, and only one check out lane open. It's like Sears - they're not really trying anymore. I haven't been back.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There is good reason to place similar stores near each other, it is done all the time.

Why do competitors open their stores next to one another? - Jac de Haan - YouTube

Old 08-21-2014, 08:19 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
The main reason Target did so badly this past year is the almost total failure of their new Canadian division. It lost billions in it's first year and dragged the entire company down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies