Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,417,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Same reason people who have run things badly think they are qualified. You know, like a failed businessman, oilman, baseball team owner...
What type of person would you like to see run for POTUS???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
A very scientifically literate person that isn't in the medical profession or a military man
Any names???

Old 08-02-2014, 09:22 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:
A very scientifically literate person that isn't in the medical profession or a military man
A medical doctor would be scientifically literate so why not?

Nothing wrong with a military man of the right type, I have to give Eisenhower credit for being in touch with reality enough to recognize the danger of a military given too much influence on government,

Old 08-02-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Nothing wrong with a military man of the right type, I have to give Eisenhower credit for being in touch with reality enough to recognize the danger of a military given too much influence on government,
It would have to be a medical doctor who have never had a private practice (business man/women).

I like a military person too.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,996,259 times
Quote:

Not really. Has to be the right kind of scientifically literate person. Thinking along the lines of a civil engineer. Anybody that has experience dealing with public infrastructure and a NASA connected field.

Eisenhower was the right military man. The Interstate system was his idea. If it weren't for him, we would not have had the Interstate system we do now. We need someone who is a forward thinker when it comes to infrastructure. Businessmen and lawyers have no such vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Any names???
Nobody interests me at this point, and any candidates that will come along will probably be just another businessman or lawyer type that'll get the nomination

Old 08-02-2014, 09:34 AM

29,623 posts, read 16,631,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
With the election of Barack Obama in 2008, American politics has devolved into nothing more than an American Idol episode.

There was NOTHING in Obama's background that said he could ever be a good leader, and yet the media got behind him 100% based on reasons other than his resume. Five+ years later, we see that someone with an empty resume does NOT make for a good president.

I think the only reason someone could think they could do it successfully without any meaningful experience is because they are suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
He doesnt have an empty resume, you simply dont like his resume.

An whether or not he is a good president is an opinion, not a fact.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:38 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,571,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It would have to be a medical doctor who have never had a private practice (business man/women).

I like a military person too.
Because?

Personally, I think being trustworthy is the most important trait we could hope for in a POTUS as the office carries with it more than enough advisors in virtually every area to make up for any shortfalls in the POTUS him/herself. I think the problem lies in the entrenched two-party system in which by the time someone gets a nomination for POTUS they've had their nose up too many party butts and owe so many political favors to those who got them the nomination that their effectiveness as a POTUS working for the good of the country will always be compromised to some extent.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Not really. Has to be the right kind of scientifically literate person. Thinking along the lines of a civil engineer. Anybody that has experience dealing with public infrastructure and a NASA connected field.

Eisenhower was the right military man. The Interstate system was his idea. If it weren't for him, we would not have had the Interstate system we do now. We need someone who is a forward thinker when it comes to infrastructure. Businessmen and lawyers have no such vision.

Nobody interests me at this point, and any candidates that will come along will probably be just another businessman or lawyer type that'll get the nomination
Who in their right mind would run???

To have the press go though their trash cans???

The husband/wife run though the mill???

People interviewing their hair stylists????

Old 08-02-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Because?

Personally, I think being trustworthy is the most important trait we could hope for in a POTUS as the office carries with it more than enough advisors in virtually every area to make up for any shortfalls in the POTUS him/herself. I think the problem lies in the entrenched two-party system in which by the time someone gets a nomination for POTUS they've had their nose up too many party butts and owe so many political favors to those who got them the nomination that their effectiveness as a POTUS working for the good of the country will always be compromised to some extent.
I said that because running a private practice is very much a business.

One poster did not what a businessman.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:48 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,263,164 times
Quote:
Because?

Well said. Quite honestly the person who finally gets the nod has already prostituted themselves to the point that what ever integrity they may have had has long since been traded. They have no soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies