Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,372,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are just redefining leadership, just like I wrote to downgrade the examples of President Obama showing leadership.

I don't know why conservatives ask questions they don't want the answers to.

It is clear what he did, he punked conservatives, they thought he and the Democrats were going to back down over government funding and make concessions to conservatives, but they didn't.

Thus ending conservative threats over the funding of the government.

They broke conservatives of that destructive to the US economy pattern of behavior through President Obama's resolve to not negotiate.

Notice we have had no debt limit crisis or government funding crisis and no mention from conservatives of defaulting on our national debt or not funding the government.

That's because President Obama punked conservatives on that issue.
I'd add - not responding in kind to all the vicious nasty attacks that the GOP has thrown to him (which takes a lot of restraint), and letting them hang themselves on their words and actions. Being really patient and letting the GOP's internecine civil war play out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM

31,940 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just as the title of the thread says: Name at least ONE policy outcome in which Barack Obama led the way. Tell us where you feel the President has been a decisive leader, where you felt the outcome was such that it would not have happened if Barack Obama had not exerted true leadership.

For the purposes of this discussion, we'll go ahead and knock Obamacare and Osama Bin Laden out of the way. After nearly 6 years as President, I think we can all accept that there would/could/should be more than just these two events in which the President can take credit.

But what are they?
Am not a liberal but off the top of one's head gay equality/Same Sex Marriage. Since Obama has "evolved" on that issue the man and his administration haven't stopped. Not content with confining their actions to America you have the State Department and the vice president lecturing, admonishing and or otherwise condemning "inequality" while promoting "equality" for gays all over the world.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:26 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Get out much? Yes some of them are words right outta his mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPtUfOs7Gs

I thought you guys were intelligent? Fooled me.....

Each is a direst quote or a synopsis of the intent of his statement.
Apparently, you don't understand the topic. Obama's role in the Trayvon Martin murder wasn't to lead - that was the job of the Florida judicial system and the Sanford police , both of whom dropped the ball. In fact, his role as the head of the federal executive branch was essentially nothing, which is what he did.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Get out much? Yes some of them are words right outta his mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPtUfOs7Gs

I thought you guys were intelligent? Fooled me.....

Each is a direst quote or a synopsis of the intent of his statement.
I never claimed the trayvon Martin quote wasnt right out of his mouth, I was simply arguing that it is petty to bring it up since he didnt mean what people like you claim he did(which also shoots a hole in your synopsis argument). So your reason for posting this comment is that you either didnt understand my post, or you just wanted to be heard.

You also clearly realize that not all of those are direct quotes, so again, what was your point in posting if you were just going to agree with me ?

Old 08-05-2014, 10:01 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I haven't rejected anything. I'm still waiting for a bona fide explanation of who, what, when, and where Obama exerted true leadership on the economy that resulted in a policy outcome that would not have happened if it had not been for his leadership.
Your argument was that the answers given where not bona fide a.k.a. rejected because they did not fit your definition of leadership.

So I ask again, define the word leadership. I still stand by my argument that you only posted this thread because you were never looking for an answer , so no one can satisfy your criteria. However you have yet to even define your criteria 12 pages in after I have asked 3 times.

SO in short, respond to this sentence.

Define the word leadership.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:38 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,298,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
lol. why? no answers will be accepted by the right.
Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 PM

17 posts, read 16,913 times
climate change,healthcare (although a conservative plan from the 90s) and using military action as a last resort

Old 08-05-2014, 12:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument was that the answers given where not bona fide a.k.a. rejected because they did not fit your definition of leadership.

So I ask again, define the word leadership. I still stand by my argument that you only posted this thread because you were never looking for an answer , so no one can satisfy your criteria. However you have yet to even define your criteria 12 pages in after I have asked 3 times.

SO in short, respond to this sentence.

Define the word leadership.
Since you insist on being disingenuous:

Leadership | Define Leadership at Dictionary.com

Old 08-05-2014, 02:52 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,373,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I never claimed the trayvon Martin quote wasnt right out of his mouth, I was simply arguing that it is petty to bring it up since he didnt mean what people like you claim he did(which also shoots a hole in your synopsis argument). So your reason for posting this comment is that you either didnt understand my post, or you just wanted to be heard.

You also clearly realize that not all of those are direct quotes, so again, what was your point in posting if you were just going to agree with me ?
Classic Alinsky tactic.....by you and Hadoken.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And let's see- he has not done ANYTHING to erode our 2nd amendment rights. That's even in the wake of Sandy Hook an American tragedy. Nothing. The far right is all a bunch of bat s*it crazy, foaming at the mouth paranoid lunatics.

This really should not require more than one post to explicate. Pres. Obama would LIke to erode our Second Amendment rights but has so far been blocked by the Republicans and the NRA. Again he is on record as supporting a ban on all semi auto guns.
Obama Suggests US Needs Ban On Semiautomatic, Automatic Weapons | The Daily Caller

He wanted to enact bans, but was stopped by his political opponents. Can you understand that? I sure hope so. After all the far left is all a bunch of intellectual, highly edjamecated, pot-smoking,common-sense, pot and pan bangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies