Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Notice the libs never invoke Jesus when talking about women's right to an abortion or contraception ?

They use religion when it suits their needs.

At least the religious right use it 100% of the time.
Yes, at least they are consistent, and usually quite proud of it. You have to give them that at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Despise leftists?

He was executed for being one!
Liberal for his time? Sure, but there is no doubt he'd be a Coservative by todays standards { so don't even try it }

And thst isn't the reason he was executed, so I suggest you peel back the pages of the old King James and do a little learn'n..... and throw away that new age, revisionist crap you're obviously getting your info from currently....

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Notice the libs never invoke Jesus when talking about women's right to an abortion or contraception ?

Why would they.
Like the right does?
Even when religion has nothing to say on the subject.

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Why should they?

Why should any religious character play a part in US law?

Gee, I must've missed the parts where Ted Haggard, Mark Sanford, Newt Gingrich, et al used religion to justify their failings.
Right..why is Pelosi constantly invoking religion and Jesus when speaking about the illegals ?
And if she insists on invoking religion, why only Jesus ? Where's Muhammad, Buddah, etc.

Why isn't she out there asking "What would Muhammad do regarding the poor little illegal children ?"

Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe if men did a better job of what you described there would be no need for the government to do our job, thing is we tried it the other way and it did not do the job. So get used to it until we cure the problem.
What..subsidizing the population of central America because they allow corrupt governments to rule over them ?

That's not Jesus my friend..that's the Roman Empire..the "government".

Old 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Why should they?
Why should any religious character play a part in US law?
It shouldn't..... that's the point I'm trying to make. Liberals are always quick to point this out. So why are they invoking religion now? That's the point of this thread.....

Old 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Liberal for his time? Sure, but there is no doubt he'd be a Coservative by todays standards { so don't even try it }

And thst isn't the reason he was executed, so I suggest you peel back the pages of the old King James and do a little learn'n..... and throw away that new age, revisionist crap you're obviously getting your info from currently....
No doubt?

Surely you jest?

There's absolutely NO reason to believe Jesus would be a corporation loving rightist now, is there?

Old 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Jesus did not tell people to send their money to Rome and let Rome help the people.
Some sort of quote about giving unto Caesar springs to mind, but I probably misremember.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:

Yeah...they MISUSE it 100% of the time.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:43 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Right..why is Pelosi constantly invoking religion and Jesus when speaking about the illegals ?
And if she insists on invoking religion, why only Jesus ? Where's Muhammad, Buddah, etc.

Why isn't she out there asking "What would Muhammad do regarding the poor little illegal children ?"
I have no idea, I don't/won't listen to Pelosi or most other politicians on either side of the aisle, they'll only lie to me so why bother?

Old 08-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
No doubt?

Surely you jest?

There's absolutely NO reason to believe Jesus would be a corporation loving rightist now, is there?
Jesus lived during the time of the Roman Empire and he didn't live in America with American politics !

Anyone can play "what if" and not be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies