Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 12:34 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times

Advertisements

There are two types of liberals.

1- Those who are delusional, ignorant and un-educated, and are duped and droned by the,

2- Conniving, closeted Marxists, who cannot allow people see their true colors. Bread and Butter Marxism, hidden under the veil of -- "for the people", or "for the middle class," or "the sake of children" etc. etc.

Which is worse? Pick your poison. Those journalists belong to the 2nd group.

Make no mistake, this 2nd group is incredibly well organized, march to a unitarian beat, no dissent allowed. Propaganda, lie, deceit underlines their Modus Operandi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 12:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

Because the media is so right-wing. The right-wing media is a gnat compared to the leftist media junta.

The Blaze?? Townhall?? You've got to be joking. These grassroots outlets pale in comparison to even the most secondary of leftists sites like Salon. How about CNN, the BBC, PBS, NBC, ABC, and CBS as examples of leftist dominion over news? NBC is so leftist that they tampered with the Trayvon Martin tapes. You leftists lack perceptive on just how one-sided the mainstream news is toward your political views. I know, I know, you see your views as neutral "reality" and not a skewed perspective designed to further specific political interests. It's Orwell's nightmare come true.
I never said anything different, you trying to make a point on slanted news? Pssst, they all slant one direction or another, it is how our Free Press has operated since the beginning, that was something Cons taught me when I first started down the Political Forum road years ago.
The first two links are not news agencies, so your outrage is based on partial truth, read more. The right has plenty of active groups that work to push the Conservative agenda, are you really trying to deny that fact? Do I need to do your work for you and generate a nice long list you and others will ignore, is there a point to even doing so?
Just so ya know, I have no problem with either side doing it, they have a right to discuss, away from prying eyes, what and how they want to get their agenda moved forward, I see nothing wrong with that, it is POLITICS.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just so ya know, I have no problem with either side doing it, they have a right to discuss, away from prying eyes, what and how they want to get their agenda moved forward, I see nothing wrong with that, it is POLITICS.
You just can't draw an equivalency. Traditional (Print and TV) Media is dominated by left-wing, many actually are radical left-wing.

Under this weight, conservatives found their outlets in innovative channels, like internet and talk radio.

But still, they still cannot compare with MSM in influence and reach.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It is true. Can't alter historical fact. Harry Reid owns the government shutdown over the House's individual mandate delay, and shortly thereafter... Obama delayed the individual mandate. The House wanted it. Obama wanted it. What was Harry Reid's problem with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Harry Reid shut down the government over the Obamacare mandate delay bill... only to have Obama... wait for it... subsequently delay the individual mandate.
The Obamacare Mandate has nothing to do with the funding of the overall government.

The mandate could have been negotiated at anytime, Republicans simply felt like they had the leverage to do it then.

This is the equivalent of telling your spouse that you arent going to bed until we figure out what restaurant we will eat at on your anniversary 9 months from now.

You could very well decided that the next morning, or 8 months and 29 days later. It doesnt have to affect your sleep that night, but you choose to do it because your spouse really wanted to sleep and you have leverage.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Obamacare Mandate has nothing to do with the funding of the overall government.
That is EXACTLY what caused the shutdown. Reid wouldn't allow a vote on the appropriations bill including the individual mandate delay, so the government shut down. Then shortly thereafter, Obama implemented an individual mandate delay. So, the House wanted it, Obama wanted it... what was Harry Reid's problem with it to the point that he shut down the federal government over it?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Pls educate me:

1- Who is the professional right?
2- What is their true mission?
Who is the professional left?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not a journalist but Carl Rove make a darn good living doing exactly what the right is complaining about here, never heard a bad word said by a Con about him, not to mention the many rightwing organizations a few of which I listed earlier in this thread. You guys seem all upset that Libs are learning the tactics the right has employed for years, is it because you want the Libs to play by rules you yourself do not play by, sure seems that way from here?
Thanks for answering for me.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
You just can't draw an equivalency. Traditional (Print and TV) Media is dominated by left-wing, many actually are radical left-wing.

Under this weight, conservatives found their outlets in innovative channels, like internet and talk radio.

But still, they still cannot compare with MSM in influence and reach.
OMG! Talk about delusional...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies