Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Feeling so sorry for the innocent shop owners who had nothing to do with it and they got burned and looted.
Me too. I also feel sorry for the store clerk that was confronted by this man. That must have been very scary. I wonder if he had been armed and killed this guy, would he also have been accused of racism?
I knew a girl who was working in a bank that was robbed. She never really got over it years later. At least the store owner knows this particular guy wont be coming back.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I agree that stealing merchandise is not hardened criminal thug stuff and I know several upper middle class teens who have done so. I assume there are lots more who do so than the ones I know.

But.......I don't know anyone who assaulted a store clerk in order to steal or shoplift. That's in a different category imo.
That's fair. I went and watched the video of the assault. I'm not sure what category to put Michael Brown in. It's so hard to tell with 18-year-olds - they're still young and stupid.

Brown definitely deserved some consequences, and maybe some brief jail time. But I think some posters here are getting carried away because of the "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" narrative.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:00 PM

39,091 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Me too. I also feel sorry for the store clerk that was confronted by this man. That must have been very scary. I wonder if he had been armed and killed this guy, would he also have been accused of racism?
I knew a girl who was working in a bank that was robbed. She never really got over it years later. At least the store owner knows this particular guy wont be coming back.
If he were so scared why did he follow him down the street? Looks to me like he knew him. It's a neighborhood store in a small town. The shooting victim walked to the store and walked out. Strong arm, my arse! More like shoplifting.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:06 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If he were so scared why did he follow him down the street? Looks to me like he knew him. It's a neighborhood store in a small town. The shooting victim walked to the store and walked out. Strong arm, my arse! More like shoplifting.
Ok, so the guy had been in there before stealing. At least he wont be back again.
I have no sympathy at all for thieves.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:06 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08
I wonder what black parents must say to there kids when they see blacks being gunned down daily by cops. 10 times, 2 in the back by a white male cop on paid leave(of course).
Indeed..... These pigs ARE WAY OUTTA C0NTROL!!!!!!!!

Very sad

Old 08-15-2014, 08:10 PM

317 posts, read 329,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Where is the proof that he was in a gang? Because he threw up a sign? I can do the same but that doesn't mean I'm in one. Did you know him personally? More importantly, what does it have to do with the shooting?

The less gang members in this world the better. What did it have to do with the shooting? Everything.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:12 PM

317 posts, read 329,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
What does this have to do with anything?

I was laying out what I thought would be an appropriate punishment for Brown based on what he did. Maybe 30 days in jail, restitution, 100 hours of community service (I really don't know), and a few years probation. If he repeats it, up the jail time to a year or something.

Some people get carried away here.

The thing is most people who commit criminals acts like the one brown did don't just commit one crime. More than likely he already committed multiple crimes.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:14 PM

20,521 posts, read 33,579,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
The less gang members in this world the better. What did it have to do with the shooting? Everything.
You did not answer my question. Where is the proof that he was in a gang and throwing up a sign has jack to do with the shooting. You only want it to.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
That's fair. I went and watched the video of the assault. I'm not sure what category to put Michael Brown in. It's so hard to tell with 18-year-olds - they're still young and stupid.

Brown definitely deserved some consequences, and maybe some brief jail time. But I think some posters here are getting carried away because of the "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" narrative.
Dude, I told a guy back 150 pages in this thread that I wanted to wait and get all the facts.
That I was glad the FBI was investigating.

I got called racist for that.

On top of that, we have people claiming he didn't rob the store, it's all a frame-up.

Tell ya what, how about joining me in just calling for calm and telling everyone to wait for the facts instead of speculating and making up sh*t.....and blaming others when they throw early claims back in peoples faces of how he was such a gentle giant and could never have had an altercation....thus it was murder.

Here's my marching chant "Lets get facts" "Lets get facts" "FBI Investigate" "FBI Investigate" "Stop Speculating" "Stop Martrying" "Wait for Facts"

Old 08-15-2014, 08:16 PM

675 posts, read 1,257,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
How is this a New York story? This should either be in St. Louis or politics and controversies.

The mods should move it, and merge it into threads I'm sure already exist.
The rules don't apply when its a racially charged subject involving a BLACK person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies