Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,036,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
1. The kid posed NO threat, he was in the act of surrendering.

2. Deadly force is never justified as a response to non-deadly force. The officer had other non-lethal options to subdue him. (Despite the fact that the kid was already surrendering when he got shot.)

I certainly have no argument with this. It seems from what we're hearing the cop was way out of line and there is no excuse to use lethal force if he was surrendering. What I do have a problem with is people using an event like this as an excuse to riot, destroy the neighborhood, destroying private property and assaulting innocent people who had nothing to do with this. Another poster said it best..."tip over a cop car or something, or graffitti a public building, but don't destroy the whole neighborhood."

Old 08-15-2014, 06:23 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,460,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Why? Because the police ordered it. You obey a LEO's instructions. They were clearing the restaurant and the area.

with the circumstances in particular, you obey the LEO's instructions. If they want you to move, you move.

The officer was patient. He asked nicely, repeatedly. At some point they will cuff and stuff you.

Now, if they would have CHARGED the reporters with a crime, then yes. I'm with you. They simply detained them and later released. The same that they would do to anyone that didn't comply with their instructions.

This wasn't a normal, business as usual day. The reporters were out of line and the police acted correctly in handling them. Like I said, if they would have actually charged them, then I would have disagreed with that.
One thing I remember from my high school journalism class is NEVER become part of the story.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:01 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,940,343 times
In an effort to stay relevant, many on the left such as Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Toure, etc have done their best to keep racism alive and keep this country in a state of racial turmoil to the point that you'd believe it was still the 1960's and the Civil Rights movement still in full swing if you'd just woke from a 50 year coma.....

These kind of protests are a result of that, and the rioters no doubt are the mindless drones who hang on their every word without question.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:11 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,431,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
the Ferguson protests seem to be more about black/white than the killing of an unarmed person.
Whether it was murder or self defense can only be solved by video evidence but the fact it was a white police officer and a black teen seems to be more of the subject than someone losing their life.

Where are all the protesters when a black kid gets killed in the gang crossfire?
Where are all the witnesses when it's not a cop involved and only 2 thugs?

Like I said, I understand people are upset but I have a hard time sympathizing with them when they cherry pick what they're protesting.
They are protesting black and brown men (worse, TEENAGERS) being habitually gun downed by police like wild animals. These are children. They are humans, dammit.

The protests are to send a message. Law enforcement is supposed to be a positive force; not a threat to black and brown communities.

Open your eyes.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,198,448 times
Default Life Lesson #1 For Liberals: If You Don't Slug Someone, You Won't Get Shot

Since liberals and other stupid people apparently need to be told this, here it goes:

Next time you feel compelled to slug someone, you might want to consider that they could be armed with a gun and aren't afraid to use it against you for being aggressive and threatening.

Life Lesson #1: You heard it first, right here on City Data, from AeroGuyDC.

You're welcome!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 AM

68,395 posts, read 54,679,192 times
Draggin' the bottom of the barrel for new liberals this and liberals that whines, eh?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,198,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Draggin' the bottom of the barrel for new liberals this and liberals that whines, eh?
Don't slug anyone burdell. You might find yourself at the wrong end of the barrel!

Don't say I never gave you anything. This is good advice!

So why do so many idiots not understand it?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,755,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I heard them mention that waiting for toxicology results would take several weeks. The police are probably looking for anything that would justify this cop shooting this young man.

I'd like to know if they took samples from the cop to test for drugs? Probably not.
They did.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:31 AM

68,395 posts, read 54,679,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Don't slug anyone burdell. You might find yourself at the wrong end of the barrel!

Don't say I never gave you anything. This is good advice!

So why do so many idiots not understand it?

The only thing you've given me is a deepening dislike of the right, you used to actually post some things that made sense even if I didn't agree with them, now not so much.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:31 AM

39,503 posts, read 27,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
the Ferguson protests seem to be more about black/white than the killing of an unarmed person.
Whether it was murder or self defense can only be solved by video evidence but the fact it was a white police officer and a black teen seems to be more of the subject than someone losing their life.

Where are all the protesters when a black kid gets killed in the gang crossfire?
Where are all the witnesses when it's not a cop involved and only 2 thugs?

Like I said, I understand people are upset but I have a hard time sympathizing with them when they cherry pick what they're protesting.
I understand the point of protests, but riots? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies