Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Since liberals and other stupid people apparently need to be told this, here it goes:

Next time you feel compelled to slug someone, you might want to consider that they could be armed with a gun and aren't afraid to use it against you for being aggressive and threatening.

Life Lesson #1: You heard it first, right here on City Data, from AeroGuyDC.

You're welcome!
You jump on a Liberal where I live and you are as likely to get shot as you would be if you jumped a Con.

You really should not paint with such a wide brush it just turns into a mess.

Back at ya

Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 AM

14,572 posts, read 23,122,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The officer could, like an ordinary homicide suspect that was seen by three witnesses shooting an unarmed victim with his hands in the air and who admits to shooting the victim, be arrested, interrogated, and charged. Instead, whether due to official rules (like union contracts or department procedures for officer-involved shootings) or unofficial rules, the suspect is anonymous and at large.
Granted, this is an extreme situation. I don't see that as justification for throwing out a system that works perfectly well 99% of the time.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:35 AM

991 posts, read 1,113,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Since liberals and other stupid people apparently need to be told this, here it goes:

Next time you feel compelled to slug someone, you might want to consider that they could be armed with a gun and aren't afraid to use it against you for being aggressive and threatening.

Life Lesson #1: You heard it first, right here on City Data, from AeroGuyDC.

You're welcome!
Let's face it: really any small excuse you want to use to satisfy your insatiable need to shoot people will suffice, correct? Not just someone taking a swing at you, but anyone who might look "different" or "threatening"? Maybe someone who listens to loud hip-hop?

Must be pretty crappy to have a life where all you want to do is shoot, shoot shoot...

Old 08-15-2014, 07:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The only thing you've given me is a deepening dislike of the right, you used to actually post some things that made sense even if I didn't agree with them, now not so much.
You noticed that also, I was thinking maybe it had them confused with another posted because I left the site for a while, you have confirmed what I was thinking also. Seems people change and not always for the better, oh well.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM

21,506 posts, read 10,630,318 times
Perhaps it could have been worded differently, but it is good advice. I know it can be frustrating to have to deal with cops, and many of them don't treat the people with respect, but it still isn't a good idea to get in a fight with one. You know those guys are jumpy and nervous in the extreme. Hell, one of those idiots shot a boy who answered his own door with a game controller in his hand! I'd say the best advice is to always have a phone to record interactions with police. Videos are the great equalizer. We also need to lobby for every cop around the country to wear on-body cameras. When a cop knows his actions can be scrutinized later, he'll be more respectful. And if a suspect gets out of hand, the cop will have evidence. It worked pretty well with the patrol car cameras, but they're limited and can only see so much. A body camera can see interactions. Even if all you see is the suspect, you can still hear the officer.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:49 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Perhaps it could have been worded differently, but it is good advice. I know it can be frustrating to have to deal with cops, and many of them don't treat the people with respect, but it still isn't a good idea to get in a fight with one. You know those guys are jumpy and nervous in the extreme. Hell, one of those idiots shot a boy who answered his own door with a game controller in his hand! I'd say the best advice is to always have a phone to record interactions with police. Videos are the great equalizer. We also need to lobby for every cop around the country to wear on-body cameras. When a cop knows his actions can be scrutinized later, he'll be more respectful. And if a suspect gets out of hand, the cop will have evidence. It worked pretty well with the patrol car cameras, but they're limited and can only see so much. A body camera can see interactions. Even if all you see is the suspect, you can still hear the officer.
WHY would the best advice be to "always have a phone to record interactions with police" when "those idiots shot a boy who answered his own door with a game controller in his hand"?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:49 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,462,845 times
Name of cop, Darren Wilson.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,745,155 times
This is what happens when groups like Anonymous (or vigilantes like Spike Lee) decide to post innocent people information on Twitter:

Quote:
Kathie Warnack, 48, started quietly crying when she learned that Anonymous had released the name of her stepson.
The St. Louis resident said her stepson is a 32-year-old police dispatcher in St. Ann, Mo., and before that a manager at a dollar store. He has never worked as a police officer — not in Ferguson or anywhere else, she said.

Her stepson also doesn't live at the address released by the group and rarely comes over, Warnack said.
"Wow, this is not good," said Warnack, as she began to cry on the steps of her home, which sits along a busy road.

"I guess I'm going to have to sleep with my gun and put cameras on the house," she said. "Now I have to defend myself and I didn't do anything wrong."

Warnack is disabled by a birth defect that means she has an artificial left leg and less than five misshapen fingers on each hand.

Her biggest worry: "Just not knowing if someone could come by here," she said. "I've been watching everything unfold on the news and it's scary."
Stepmom fears for life after hackers release wrong name

Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,923,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
They are protesting black and brown men (worse, TEENAGERS) being habitually gun downed by police like wild animals. These are children. They are humans, dammit.

The protests are to send a message. Law enforcement is supposed to be a positive force; not a threat to black and brown communities.

Open your eyes.
What I want to know is, why when a black teen / man get's gunned down by police, is the default position always that they were an innocent kid doing nothing wrong and then became a victim of racial profiling???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that shouldn't be called out when it actually happens, but that seems to be the default narrative before any facts are even known...

Old 08-15-2014, 07:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,462,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
This is what happens when groups like Anonymous (or vigilantes like Spike Lee) decide to post innocent people information on Twitter:

Stepmom fears for life after hackers release wrong name
Anonymous has been discredited and their Twitter account deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies