Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
For starters I would tell my kids not to vote for Democrat politicians who put into place this concept of 'administrative leave' whether it's for a cop who shoots an unarmed kid or teacher who molests a student.

That will not be the outcome here of course. Public sector union workers will continue to get the soft landing when they rape, pillage, plunder, and violate.
What in the $*^% does this have to do with Democrats ?????????

second, you do realize that being accused is not the same as being guilty right ??????

Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There's lots of things "blacks" are doing that you don't know about. Hell, I'm working my ass off trying to help the problem. Others are risking THEIR LIVES. Your typing on a keyboard.

There's a lot of people working hard on the issue but it doesn't help when the policies and tactics being implemented and used are set by a completely different body not sensitive to the issue. From the War on Drugs to community development to job opportunities and social programs.

And don't act like its a "color" problem. There's distressed communities all over this countries and places where white people will kill you as fast as anybody. Don't be mistaken.

It's not an issue of race and more an issue of Socio Economics, culture and history imo.
Here's the thing. All the efforts that people put into helping black communities will all be completely and utterly USELESS AND WASTED as long as many blacks, 1) do an utter crap job of raising their kids to be decent human beings, 2) continue to have babies often at a young age when clearly they're not capable and/or not willing to raise them properly.

As long as those two conditions remain, no amount of outside effort will fix black communities on a permanent basis.

Also with regards to risking your life if you go to the police to report what you see, again why not simply call an anonymous tip hotline at the very least and give cops the help they need to clean up your neighborhood? Is it really that hard to call in anonymously, tell the cops what you saw and let them take it from there? I mean how many black people out there have already had a family member, a relative, or a friend that has been killed, injured or is in prison right now? Yet they'd rather risk their lives continuing to exist in that enviroment into eternity rather than risk their lives to clean it up? That makes no sense to me at all.

And lastly YES IT IS a 'color' problem when entire neighborhoods and portions of a city are considered dangerous enough that everyone living or happening to visit there is in danger of becoming a victim of crime. You say there are places where white people will kill you as fast as anybody. Please tell me the names of these areas. There's about 200 million white Americans in the US living in thousands upon thousands of communities. Please list the ones that are predominately white where the entire neighborhood is too dangerous to walk through like how it is for many black communities? I'd geniunely like to see the list.

And the thing is I'm betting even the most dangerous white neighborhoods and areas probably all have MUCH lower crime rates than the overwhelming number of black neighborhoods in the US. If you can prove me wrong please do so and if you can't, then I'm right and this isn't economic or history issue, but rather one group of people who continually can't get their crap together and raise decent kids to be decent adults and it leads to an unending wave of crime and violence.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Videos of the looting are now on YouTube. The police shoot someone and that means people can go around looting? Disgraceful. Time to wake the national guard.

Update: now reports of homes being attacked.
Sometimes black people can be their own worst enemy. They claim to hate that they're stereotyped as thugs and criminals by society, so then they go and prove the stereotype true?

I don't see how looting your own neighborhood (or anybody else's) is the answer to anything? It'll only drive businesses and people further away from your community, further alienating you from mainstream society.

I have more sympathy and outrage for the man who was killed by a cop's chokehold in NYC. Hopefully there won't be any riots or looting.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
KTVI Live News on Livestream

Old 08-11-2014, 12:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post

A lot of witnesses saying the cops were lying.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Here's the thing. All the efforts that people put into helping black communities will all be completely and utterly USELESS AND WASTED as long as many blacks, 1) do an utter crap job of raising their kids to be decent human beings, 2) continue to have babies often at a young age when clearly they're not capable and/or not willing to raise them properly.

As long as those two conditions remain, no amount of outside effort will fix black communities on a permanent basis.

Also with regards to risking your life if you go to the police to report what you see, again why not simply call an anonymous tip hotline at the very least and give cops the help they need to clean up your neighborhood? Is it really that hard to call in anonymously, tell the cops what you saw and let them take it from there? I mean how many black people out there have already had a family member, a relative, or a friend that has been killed, injured or is in prison right now? Yet they'd rather risk their lives continuing to exist in that enviroment into eternity rather than risk their lives to clean it up? That makes no sense to me at all.

And lastly YES IT IS a 'color' problem when entire neighborhoods and portions of a city are considered dangerous enough that everyone living or happening to visit there is in danger of becoming a victim of crime. You say there are places where white people will kill you as fast as anybody. Please tell me the names of these areas. There's about 200 million white Americans in the US living in thousands upon thousands of communities. Please list the ones that are predominately white where the entire neighborhood is too dangerous to walk through like how it is for many black communities? I'd geniunely like to see the list.

And the thing is I'm betting even the most dangerous white neighborhoods and areas probably all have MUCH lower crime rates than the overwhelming number of black neighborhoods in the US. If you can prove me wrong please do so and if you can't, then I'm right and this isn't economic or history issue, but rather one group of people who continually can't get their crap together and raise decent kids to be decent adults and it leads to an unending wave of crime and violence.
Your clueless and off topic.

A teen was murdered by an officer.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:09 AM

310 posts, read 256,211 times
Man do I love the way places like this and comment sections blow up when things like this happen. I just enjoy reading people bicker and argue when nobody has a damn clue about what actually happened. Keep it up everybody, this popcorn is delicious.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:16 AM

There's been multiple witnesses. No evidence backing up the Police/media version of the story.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:18 AM

310 posts, read 256,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There's been multiple witnesses. No evidence backing up the Police/media version of the story.
And? None of us know anything. How do we know that anybody involved is believable? It is far too easy to be reactionary.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:19 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Seems like the police cause crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies