Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 06:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We really need to stay out of their civil wars and let them kill each other. We also need to realize that democracy does not work in a culture that does not recognize the concept of individual liberty. What the neocons (which includes Obama) do not realize is democracy doesn't work in the ME.
Now that is a profound statement I can support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
People said the same thing about the Nazi who can stand up to them?
The Japanese kamakazi mentality warrior code who can stand up to them?
Who will stand up to Islamic radicals?
Free God fearing people thats who!

Old 08-10-2014, 11:48 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Who will stand up to Islamic radicals?
Whoa - don't call them radicals. Call them "the Faithful."
The "peaceful" Muslims are the infidels.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Admit it or not, like it or not, We have the strongest and the best military in the world.

So will radical Islam eventually win? Nope.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
War between Christianity and Islam has been waging for hundreds, possibly thousands of years with no end in sight. We have our technology but we have very little faith in God these days. The Muslims have very little technology, but they have an unshakable faith in Allah. I personally envy them for their faith, I think there was a time when Christian's faith in God was that strong.

I know many people will laugh at this thread, but who is to say that Islam won't eventually win? I honestly believe their goal is the same it's always been, the same it was 300-400 years ago when they invaded Europe. They want to dominate the entire world and fly the Prophet's flag over every capital city.

Look at Iraq. How many did we kill with our drones, with our smart bombs, with our elite soldiers? But we let up for just a minute and look who is back in Iraq again, stronger than ever with their faith in Allah stronger than ever. I don't know if you can actually defeat people like that. And I don't believe they will ever let up, ever.
Well, seeing as how Islam is less than 1500 years old, it hasn't exactly been waging for thousands of years...

I should mention that there are over a billion Muslims and "Us vs. Them" is a little simplistic. There are a plenty of nominal Muslims, liberal Muslims, and moderate Muslims. There is also the deep divide between Sunni and Shia factions as well. Muslims also have plenty of ethnic conflicts that prevent them from being united such as Arabs versus Persians, Arabs versus Kurds, Arabs versus Turks, Turks versus Kurds, Pakistan versus Bangladesh, the Afghan hate fest, and so on.

It should also be noted that even the extremists fight amongst each other. Al-Nusra Front and ISIS are bitter enemies despite believing in almost the exact same things, engaging in the exact same tactics, and sharing the exact same goals.

Don't get me wrong. I despite the Jihadis. I have written quite a bit on this forum regarding my disdain for them and their apologists. I think they are very much a threat and it is going to get much worse before it gets better. Unfortunately, I think its not until we see an increasing number of large-scale terrorist attacks and some really evil s--t starts happening in the West among Muslim extremists living in the West will be start to see the West taking this far more seriously.

I'm a bit more hopeful. The West is cautious about getting involved in fighting in the Middle East. Especially when you consider there is very little to gain. Also, we have a generation of people who have never really had to fight for their way of life or their survival. That being said, the West is a sleeping giant. The UK, Germany, France, Italy, Canada, Spain, Australia, and so on would all be among the most powerful nations in the Middle East if they were located there and the US is already the most powerful nation in the world. If the extremists actually achieve their wish of establishing a Caliphate and turning their ambitions to the West; I think they will learn the hard way why that is an incredibly foolish idea. Are they fanatical and willing to die? Absolutely, but so were the Imperial Japanese and the superior firepower of the Allies (especially America) coupled with the pride and pointless fanaticism of the Japanese caused them to squander the lives of over a million of their men in often futile battles and tactics.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 AM

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Islam will win......but, not in our lifetime.

Islam.....convert....enslave....or, kill.

If someone is willing to die to kill you.....they will kill you.
If they win, then what ? It seems like their whole religion is based on converting others, when there are no more infidels what then ? No pork, no booze , no women... damn sounds pretty boring to me ! You win the crusade and then kneel and twiddle your thumbs..

I'm not very big on religion but this one just seems worse then all the others.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:59 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
No. Eventually they'll learn to do math in their heads and realize that there's a mythical virgin shortage.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:05 AM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
I believe what God says, therefore while I believe Islam will continue to gain in #'s and influence- however, in the long run they will be utterly destroyed because they oppose God and His Chosen People, You'd think after all these thousands of years, muslims would realize they are fifhting a battle they cannot win!

Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Admit it or not, like it or not, We have the strongest and the best military in the world.

So will radical Islam eventually win? Nope.
Oh brother! How many examples in your recent history do you need to see what having the most powerful military has achieved in the win loss columns? None of your more recent enemies were as wide spread and imbued with hate towards your nation, "the great Satan", as their primary motivation.

Having the largest, best equipped, best trained military in the world is just fine and dandy as long as the idiots in charge have the will to use it for something other than making more money for a select few.

ALL of the countries currently harbouring a hoard of these cretins have a better military capability than these invading nincompoops but yet there they are slowly gaining foothold after foothold until they form a voting block et-voila; war won, no shots fired and you're now wearing a burkha.

Teaching an Iraqi military new battle techniques with the best of intentions, is ultimately giving the enemy you'll be fighting tomorrow all the information and skill set required to make your day really miserable on any battlefield.

Grandma said it best ~ who you feed today you'll be fighting tomorrow.

Those people have nothing to lose and nothing invested. Had you gone in and given their entire country clean drinking water, reliable power, flush toilets and a washer dryer along with a chevy celebrity under a car port, and given them a couple of years of living like that, they'd now have a reason to protect that lifestyle from these ISIS azzhats and actually get some skin in the game.

As it is now they just run for the hills wait for someone else to either clean up the mess or let the victors run amock then come back down to start pushing a broom through the rubble with not having lost anything important to them other than the statue at the end of the street getting a new face put on it.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 AM

39,877 posts, read 26,514,597 times
"Radical Islam" has little to actually do with religion. Sure, it's the "rallying cry", but really, the various factions are little more than large, vicious gangs. They are out for power and wealth, and will pervert any religion, morality or human decency to get it. They are far more like the Crips, Bloods and cartels than Catholics vs Methodists. We need to stop thinking of them as a religion as we think of one, and think of them as a pack of vicious animals. When the time comes, we treat them the same way. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies