Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 11:34 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The smart money is just investing in or studying robotics...
You might be right, but do you really think most average folks are going to have the aptitude for that field? I know personally, I was not a dumb student, but I always struggled with math, which I assume the robotics field heavily involves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 11:34 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You might be right, but do you really think most average folks are going to have the aptitude for that field? I know personally, I was not a dumb student, but I always struggled with math, which I assume the robotics field heavily involves.
Someone will have to design the robots of the future and program the robots of the future, but someone will have to sell and market the robots of the future as well(I doubt AI is going to be creative enough to replace those roles). Just like in the tech industry of today--not everyone is a programmer or engineer, there's people in other business functions too.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Someone will have to design the robots of the future and program the robots of the future, but someone will have to sell and market the robots of the future as well(I doubt AI is going to be creative enough to replace those roles). Just like in the tech industry of today--not everyone is a programmer or engineer, there's people in other business functions too.
The video above says you are wrong.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,545 times
keep complaining about people wanting to earn fair wages, and then continue to act surprised by the huge gap between the wealthy and poor. and then continue still to complain about how many people are on welfare.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
The video above says you are wrong.
Well then we're all doomed... Who cares?

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

(I can't watch videos at work. Why don't you just summarize it?)

Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Well then we're all doomed... Who cares?

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

(I can't watch bloody videos at work. Why don't you just summarize it?)
Low-skill , white collar, professional and creative jobs can all be replaced. So, instead of hoping there will be new jobs, governments should prepare for large numbers of unemployable people. Transportation will be the next area of employment to remove people.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Low-skill , white collar, professional and creative jobs can all be replaced. So, instead of hoping there will be new jobs, governments should prepare for large numbers of unemployable people. Transportation will be the next area of employment to remove people.
Well, if you have higher and higher numbers of unemployed with no hope for future work--you'll either have to have massive government assistance or you'll end up with mass unrest. Eventually people will turn to violence against the few those are making money off robotic automation if that's what happens.

Oh well, the future is going to be horrible...hopefully I don't live to see much of it.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
keep complaining about people wanting to earn fair wages, and then continue to act surprised by the huge gap between the wealthy and poor. and then continue still to complain about how many people are on welfare.
Yup, that seems to be the trend, and many seem to be cheering it on, ironically.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Well, if you have higher and higher numbers of unemployed with no hope for future work--you'll either have to have massive government assistance or you'll end up with mass unrest. Eventually people will turn to violence against the few those are making money off robotic automation.
Humans will just have to change the way they live. Money will no longer be necessary. Money was just a tool for Humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies