Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Have you seen who runs that nation now?
Which is probably why is was lifted now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Racism huh? Highlighting the Hussein was telling.
You can put your claims for racism back in your political toolbox. It's not working here.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Well, let's recap: The current formal government in Libya is trying like hell to get the militias to stop fighting among themselves and have been instrumental in helping the US get Ahmed Abu Khatallah in custody.

If their smartest supporters want to go to the US to improve themselves, well - as we'd say in Denmark, better to have them on the inside p.ssing out than the outside p.ssing in. And seriously, what the f.ck - do you think they're going to go back to Libya to start a Manhattan project?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, let's recap: The current formal government in Libya is trying like hell to get the militias to stop fighting among themselves and have been instrumental in helping the US get Ahmed Abu Khatallah in custody.

If their smartest supporters want to go to the US to improve themselves, well - as we'd say in Denmark, better to have them on the inside p.ssing out than the outside p.ssing in. And seriously, what the f.ck - do you think they're going to go back to Libya to start a Manhattan project?
I think they need to worry about horny white guys trying get into a Chinese spy's pants.
US intelligence worker caught in Chinese honey trap spy scheme | New York Post

The most dangerous person is a horny middle aged man having a mid-life crisis and access to secrets.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:38 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Is there something inherently dangerous about Libyans biologically that they're not be allowed to study an field in this country? Gaddafi is dead, Libya and the U.S are no longer enemies. Why have this ban forever, and about Benghazi so what? Should Libyan students never study or train here because some militants killed our ambassador in their country?
Study some recent history, does Pan Am flight 103, in which 2 Libyan individuals were involved, ring a bell?

Bombing Of Pan Am Flight 103 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't forget that knowledge of flying commercial airliners and other aircraft, not to mention nuclear science can be passed on to other dangerous individuals; in a worst-case scenario, such people can be influenced by radicals in that country, or others in the entire region of the middle-east, where most countries there are not friendly to the United States and Israel, to use their knowledge for sinister and dangerous purposes.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 08-15-2014 at 09:58 AM..

Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Here is a gentleman that I can really agree with. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...well... Go ahead and call him racist....if the truth hurts that much.......

Allen West Declares Obama An Islamist Hurting US Security | The Daily Caller

Old 08-15-2014, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Here is a gentleman that I can really agree with. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...well... Go ahead and call him racist....if the truth hurts that much.......

Allen West Declares Obama An Islamist Hurting US Security | The Daily Caller
Nah...he's just your typical Uncle Tom.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...he's just your typical Uncle Tom.

yep, calling obama an uncle tom is the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'll just say it... he is an enemy to this country.

LAWMAKERS BLAST ADMINISTRATION'S POLICY ON ALLOWING LIBYAN PILOTS & NUCLEAR SCIENTISTS TO TRAIN IN U.S.

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently approved a final regulation to lift a longstanding prohibition on Libyans coming to the U.S. to attend flight school, to work in aviation maintenance or flight operations, or to study or seek training in nuclear science. The final regulation has been approved by OMB and can be signed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson.

The prohibition was originally put in place in the 1980s after the wave of terrorist incidents involving Libyans. Not even two years after the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was attacked, which resulted in the deaths of four Americans, the Obama Administration justifies lifting this ban by claiming the United States’ relationship with Libya has since improved.

I just don't see how someone can do this and say they are looking out for America's interests.
Let's see when I was at Red Stone Arsenal we taught students from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq and Israel, granted it was before the war on terror, but that does not take away the fact that we often teach the soldiers of other Nations how to fight war, after all we are darn good at war and always get changes to gain more experience at it, oh my.
Traitor? Why, Libya is not an enemy of this Nation, at this time, so are you going to call past Republicans traitors for allowing the same thing? I think not.
As for West, he has played the pawn for years now, nothing new there, and the Daily Caller is as bad it gets when it comes to right-wing garbage, my 2cents.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:00 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let's see when I was at Red Stone Arsenal we taught students from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq and Israel, granted it was before the war on terror, but that does not take away the fact that we often teach the soldiers of other Nations how to fight war, after all we are darn good at war and always get changes to gain more experience at it, oh my.
Traitor? Why, Libya is not an enemy of this Nation, at this time, so are you going to call past Republicans traitors for allowing the same thing? I think not.
As for West, he has played the pawn for years now, nothing new there, and the Daily Caller is as bad it gets when it comes to right-wing garbage, my 2cents.
Saddam Hussein was not an enemy of the United States until he started trouble with his neighbors in the middle east in 1990, neither was Iran until somebody named Ayatollah Khomeini and his radical followers overthrew the Shah in 1979. Osama Bin Laden was supposedly our ally back in the late 1970s when Russia invaded Afghanistan.

I'm not familiar with Red Stone Arsenal, but with the volatility of some countries in the middle-east, I would think twice about having such students from Libya, or other countries that are not friendly to the United States and the west, train as pilots or learn about nuclear science. True, they may train in other countries, but I hope they have the common sense to know the potential consequences of such decisions.

Yes we have safe-guards in place right now to prevent a repeat of September 11th, 2001, but as someone who knows aviation very well, I can tell you that there are holes and it's easy for a trained commercial pilot to find them.

Imagine this scenario - A person or persons of Libyan or any middle-eastern background who hate the Unites States and Israel, will come into this country for the purpose of flight training, but nobody knows about their beliefs. They graduate from flight school(s) and get their certification to fly large commercial aircraft. They get jobs with one or various airlines. Then on a clear and a busy day at New York JFK or any other major international hubs in the United States, like Los Angeles LAX, aircraft are on approach or final to land, or on the climb-out after taking off, with several thousand pounds of aviation fuel, then the pilots veer off the planned course and fly the aircraft into one or multiple skyscrapers in nearby Manhattan or downtown Los Angeles, which are not that far from those airports, and that can happen in a span of 5 minutes or less, in any city and before our Air Defenses can be dispatched.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Saddam Hussein was not an enemy of the United States until he started trouble with his neighbors in the middle east in 1990, neither was Iran until somebody named Ayatollah Khomeini and his radical followers overthrew the Shah in 1979. Osama Bin Laden was supposedly our ally back in the late 1970s when Russia invaded Afghanistan.

I'm not familiar with Red Stone Arsenal, but with the volatility of some countries in the middle-east, I would think twice about having such students from Libya, or other countries that are not friendly to the United States and the west, train as pilots or learn about nuclear science. True, they may train in other countries, but I hope they have the common sense to know the potential consequences of such decisions.

Yes we have safe-guards in place right now to prevent a repeat of September 11th, 2001, but as someone who knows aviation very well, I can tell you that there are holes and it's easy for a trained commercial pilot to find them.

Imagine this scenario - A person or persons of Libyan or any middle-eastern background who hate the Unites States and Israel, will come into this country for the purpose of flight training, but nobody knows about their political beliefs. They graduate from flight school(s) and get their certification to fly large commercial aircraft. They get jobs with one or various airlines. Then on a clear and a busy day at New York JFK or any other major international hubs in the United States, like Los Angeles LAX, aircraft are on approach or final to land or taking off with several thousand pounds of aviation fuel, then the pilots veer off the planned course and fly the aircraft into one or multiple skyscrapers in nearby Manhattan or downtown Los Angeles, which are not that far from those airports and that can happen in a span of 5 minutes or less, in any city and before our Air Defenses can be dispatched.
Don't you mean Saddam was not our enemy until Kuwait screamed for help and SA got nervous, after all when he was fighting Iran we were his best buds. The Shah was our boy and a monster that committed acts against his own people that would make a professional killer sick, his actions got him ousted and our support of him made the new rulers take the stand they have, meaning we are partly to blame for that mess. We armed OBL and knew his leanings when we did it, but as the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend, that is until one or the other no longer needs the other. We need to stop getting involved in the middle-east our games are much of the reason things turned out as they did in the first place. If they want to fight each other let them, it is what they have always done, we will not change that.
Ok all that said, I am not saying we should train them, I do not believe we should be training any of them and by them I mean any troops from other countries. It can and does come back to haunt us and I see nothing to be gained by doing so. I was simply pointing out that the practice is nothing new, oh and it was not really something the President gets involved with it is a DOD thing.
Red Stones Arsenal is located in Huntsville AL, very nice town, a lot of high tech companies there, 30 minute drive into the Tennessee mountains, pretty area good cost of living and as I said good job market. They used to build and test rocket and missile engines there for the space and military programs, you can hear them from many miles away. Anyway, Red Stone is the home of Missile and Munitions School for the US Army, they train Soldiers and Marines how to operate and maintain a wide range of missile, radar, communications and various other systems, some very hush hush. I was both a student and later and instructor there way back when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies