Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 06:56 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
For some reason the homosexual cannot seem to comprehend nor understand basic morals.
They can't face the fact that the sin they love so much is immoral and forbidden by God.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please cite an example. "Deviant" is simple truth, not an insult. To call a murderer violent is not insulting to the murderer.

You're going to have to come up with a better analogy than that. Yes, calling them a deviant is insulting! You never seem to answer this question when it's proposed. Kindly explain what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home personally effects you? How does it harm your marriage? How does it effect how you live your life? I can tell you this, it doesn't effect my life, nor my marriage. Given the divorce rate in this country, I think us straight folks have done enough damage to the institution of marriage as it is, and therefore should focus on our own issues. Furthermore, denying a segment of the population certain rights because you feel "icky" about it is not the American way. If you want to do that, move somewhere that has Sharia Law. When it comes down to this, I'll always support the individual freedoms and natural rights granted to us by our Creator and backed up by the US Constitution.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're going to have to come up with a better analogy than that. Yes, calling them a deviant is insulting! You never seem to answer this question when it's proposed. Kindly explain what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home personally effects you? How does it harm your marriage? How does it effect how you live your life? I can tell you this, it doesn't effect my life, nor my marriage. Given the divorce rate in this country, I think us straight folks have done enough damage to the institution of marriage as it is, and therefore should focus on our own issues. Furthermore, denying a segment of the population certain rights because you feel "icky" about it is not the American way. If you want to do that, move somewhere that has Sharia Law. When it comes down to this, I'll always support the individual freedoms and natural rights granted to us by our Creator and backed up by the US Constitution.
It is forbidden by God, our creator. He makes the rules.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:12 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Loving v Virginia involved a man and a woman.
Is that all it takes ?

A marriage is moral and legitimate when one has a penis and the other one a vulva? THAT'S what's important ?

I thought marriage was about trust, sharing, respecting, supporting, loving and helping, ad lib... Values that seem second-place to having different genitals, it seems...

Old 08-29-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
It is forbidden by God, our creator. He makes the rules.

Cut the deflection and ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!! How does it effect your life personally?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Is that all it takes ?

A marriage is moral and legitimate when one has a penis and the other one a vulva? THAT'S what's important ?

I thought marriage was about trust, sharing, respecting, supporting, loving and helping, ad lib... Values that seem second-place to having different genitals, it seems...

" Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. "

Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Cut the deflection and ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!! How does it effect your life personally?
A child molestor doesn't affect me personaly but I am opposed to child molestation. God clearly condemns homosexual behavior in the Bible, and as a Christian I am opposed to it.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Quote:
" Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. "
Okayyyyy.....

So? You confirm while citing your god that indeed character values are less important than having the right genitals ?

I don't agree with your hierarchy of moral values.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
A child molestor doesn't affect me personaly but I am opposed to child molestation. God clearly condemns homosexual behavior in the Bible, and as a Christian I am opposed to it.

Oh for cryin' out loud the child molestor thing???? Really??? Here is a hint, children are unable to consent! Animals are unable to consent! Therefore THAT is an illegal act! Furthermore, whether you as a Christian are opposed to it is irrelevant. This country is based on the fact that we are all created equal! The United States is not a theocracy like some 3rd world Middle East s***hole, and thank God for that! Remember, the forefathers while they had belief in a Creator, they opposed a state mandated religion. And rightfully so. A lot of people throughout time have been killed, or persecuted in the name of religion. Not exactly Christ-like is it?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:33 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
They can't face the fact that the sin they love so much is immoral and forbidden by God.
Don't force me to ridicule your beliefs as superstitions or fairy tales. It makes me uncomfortable to criticize other people's belief systems, but understand your religious beliefs are your own and are meaningless to me and millions of other Americans.

We do not live in a Theocracy.

You can not force your religious doctrines or dogmas on other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies