Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 09:41 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Hilarious! There is only one God, and whether you like it or not, he makes the rules, and is your God also, whether you like it or not or believe he exists. And one day, perhaps sooner than you care to imagine, you will meet Him, and you will know the truth — but, alas, it will be too late for you.
So sad to see how the bible brainwashed folk think that their god is absolute and with zero proof of its existence, they have blind faith in a man made entity and ignore any scienctific evidence before them as Tom foolery. There is no god, as there is no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny and no tooth fairy, all are figments of our imagination, just like Thor, Zeus, Andromeda and so on. But I do not understand why some christians have this arrogance that all people other than themselves are just fools and that on judgement day they will see the light and see their error in not believing in the true god, the one and only god that trumps all gods and it happens to be the christian god. As if it is not enough that they are brainwashed, they go around and try to brainwash the rest of us and have this attitude that is quite condescending. I have heard this bull so many times from my older brother who chose to stay in Catholic school till 8th grade, he is an ex catholic, born again, born again christian who trys and trys to pray his gay away, yet cannot stay away from the gay bars and one night stands. He voted yes on prop 8, hates jews and blacks and is half Mexican/Indian and speaks it well. He is a good christian too, filled with hate, judgement and self flagellation and believes his god is the god and everyone else will be sorry on judgement day. I have never seen anyone so filled with hate as he is, he has even separated himself from our family, yet lives close to my sister and brother. He is a RWNJ to a T.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Hilarious! There is only one God, and whether you like it or not, he makes the rules, and is your God also, whether you like it or not or believe he exists. And one day, perhaps sooner than you care to imagine, you will meet Him, and you will know the truth — but, alas, it will be too late for you.
Prove it.

When you can do that I MAY reconsider my opinion on your god.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
You're welcome to attempt to provide evidence for such a claim.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
But I do not understand why some christians have this arrogance that all people other than themselves are just fools and that on judgement day they will see the light and see their error in not believing in the true god, the one and only god that trumps all gods and it happens to be the christian god.
Because they *like* the idea of seeing all those people they fumed against in life being horribly punished for eternity.

Unfortunately, an idea doesn't have to have any basis in reality to have power.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
The "pro 'gay marriage' crowd like to claim that Americans are coming around to accept homosexuality and gay "marriage" in the 21st Century (which seems to have for them some almost magical meaning).

But is this really true?
"There are currently nineteen states that have legalized same-sex marriage, of those nineteen just three have done so as a result of the popular vote of the people (Maine, 2012; Maryland, 2013; Washington, 2012.) On this topic at least, the desire of the voting public is secondary to the desire of the judicial ruling class. And it is a very small class indeed. Our nation’s direction as it relates to gay-marriage is being determined not by the tabulation of hundreds of thousands if not millions of votes per state. No, it is being determined by men like Richard Young."

"Mr. Young is a U.S. District Court Judge in Indiana who struck down the state’s constitutional definition of marriage (as voted upon by the majority if residents of the state) as being between one man and one woman."

Articles: Gay Marriage -- the Chicken or the Egg?
Well, since gays only make up 7% of the total population which is such a small number that it is even below the 12% figure attributed to the Black population, I would venture gays are so totally insignificant most Americans don't even think about them at all.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Well, since gays only make up 7% of the total population which is such a small number that it is even below the 12% figure attributed to the Black population, I would venture gays are so totally insignificant most Americans don't even think about them at all.
7 percent? Now your going to have all the social cons siting the recent CDC poll that says only 2.3 percent. Or was your 7 a typo?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:31 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
I think ignorant Teabaggers who live in their own bubble and only interact with humanity on websites like Stormfront and Free Republic believe most Americans oppose gay marriage because they only feel comfortable conversing with other ignorant geriatrics but try to find a young person opposed to gay marriage. These fossils are basically the same losers opposing racial integration and are quickly dying off.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:33 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't think the majority of us straight people give a rat's butt what the gay people do, but you would think it was some uber important issue uppermost in the majority of people's minds.

I don't know a single person who sits around pondering either the pros, or cons of this issue. The gay community presumes to think they, and their "issues", are a lot more significant than they are to the rest of us.

If you're a consenting adult, I have no right to tell you what to do in your bedroom, and cannot possibly tell you how little I care. Now get out of my face.
Well said.

The militancy of the gay movement is part of what's so disquieting and off-putting. We all knew Liberace was homosexual but no one cared because he kept it quiet, and it wasn't in our faces 24/7. He was a beloved entertainer and he kept his private life out of the spotlight.

I especially agree with your last paragraph. I also cannot possibly tell the homosexual population how little I care about what they do with their bodies.

I'm really weary of it all.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:44 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I don't think the majority of us straight people give a rat's butt what the gay people do, but you would think it was some uber important issue uppermost in the majority of people's minds.

I don't know a single person who sits around pondering either the pros, or cons of this issue. The gay community presumes to think they, and their "issues", are a lot more significant than they are to the rest of us.

If you're a consenting adult, I have no right to tell you what to do in your bedroom, and cannot possibly tell you how little I care. Now get out of my face.
I agree... I really don't give a rat's azz as they say..... matter of fact I just wish they'd get it fully legalized cause I'm getting a little bored of hearing about it... truth be told... no disrespect to gay people, just sayin......

Old 08-30-2014, 02:46 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Get off that horse, you obviously do not understand that civil unions and any union that may resemble marriage have also been banned? The federal government will only recognize a federal civil marriage license. Period. It will not recognize a civil union, a domestic partnership and get this, a church wedding. None of those are recognized, only a civil marriage license.
Right. so, the homosexual community decided that rather than get laws passed allowing Civil Union Contracts to give them the same rights as legally married couples, they would fight to be allowed to get married.
WHY??
IMO, simply because they did NOT WANT civil unions, they wanted to be MARRIED! They are quite willing and able to take the MARRIAGE issue all the way to the Federal Supreme Court, but they are NOT willing to bother with the Civil Union Contract issue in any way.
They could have easily demanded that the Federal Government recognize Civil Unions, but they made no effort to do so!
You can spin it any way you want, the fact remains that there was never a concerted effort on the part of the homosexual community to get their "rights" in any way except MARRIAGE!
They wanted that title, and they are getting it, with all the legal responsibilities and problems that go with it!
Most people just don't care any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies