Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Can you answer a serious question? What does your God have to do with me? I don't believe.

But I do.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:36 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
One thing is for sure. Support for SSM from the millennial generation is strong., and it is certainly not a view that will change with age.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:42 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I like how marriage was "an obsolete relic"...just a "piece of paper" and a "patriarchal ceremony"....until the gays wanted it.

Now it is the most important thing in the world.
Yessir, true statement! I also think it is hilarious that now, once they have that "patriarchal ceremony" and sign that "piece of paper" they can no longer just go their separate ways, they HAVE to go through another ceremony (in court, or perhaps just in a lawyer's office), to get a divorce, and have some stranger tell them how to divide their property.
they wanted it, they are getting it. As far as a majority of us being in favor of homosexual marriage, I don't think that is true. We are just sick of hearing about it, and decided to let them HAVE it, along with all the problems that go with it!
You wanted it, you can have it. Now, go home and SHUT UP!

Old 08-15-2014, 06:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The "pro 'gay marriage' crowd like to claim that Americans are coming around to accept homosexuality and gay "marriage" in the 21st Century (which seems to have for them some almost magical meaning).

But is this really true?
The tipping point was reached when "Will and Grace" and "Q*u*e*e*r Eye for the Straight Guy" became hits on television. It signaled a population that was ready to accept gays into the mainstream. There was no going back after that.

Sorry, OP, but this battle is already over.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, as long as they don't turn you gay or lesbian, why worry?
For the same reason I am against any other immoral act. I am not concerned that opposing pedophilia will turn me into a pedophile, or that being opposed to drunkenness will cause me to be a drunk. I am opposed to those things because they are wrong as declared by the God of the Bible who is the one who makes the rules; the God that says homosexual acts are an abomination. That's why I care. It's wrong.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
For the same reason I am against any other immoral act. I am not concerned that opposing pedophilia will turn me into a pedophile, or that being opposed to drunkenness will cause me to be a drunk. I am opposed to those things because they are wrong as declared by the God of the Bible who is the one who makes the rules; the God that says homosexual acts are an abomination. That's why I care. It's wrong.
well okay. You are entitled to your opinion.

But the thread title is this

"Are Americans really becoming overwhelmingly in support of gay "marrige"

I think the trend is yes. Nothing you can do about it.

I don't care about gay marriages, it is not an important issue to me. If they want to get married, go ahead.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
The sins are usually given as wrath, avarice, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. We are all sinners if you are a Christian.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
What your God of the Bible says is as relevant to many people as what Zeus of Mt. Olympus or Allah of the Holy Quran, or for that matter, George of the Jungle, says. In other words, not relevant at all.

What if my deity encourages love in all forms, including gay marriage? Why does your deity trump all others? Simply because it's what YOU believe?

Worship whatever deity makes you happy and let the rest of us do the same. No one is asking for, or frankly even cares, whether or not you approve.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The sins are usually given as wrath, avarice, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. We are all sinners if you are a Christian.
We are indeed all sinners. Every one of us.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,983 times
Quote:
But I do.
So I have to live according to laws created based on what you believe? What about what I believe? What if I believe guys who's names started with B shouldn't get married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies