Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:26 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well what did they do, stop off at "Tanks R Us" on the way to the riot and rent it?

Whether they paid for it or it was given to them, they own it.
At the press conference I watched on Sunday, it was stated that state police and federal law enforcement is not only supplying it, but operating it. It was also made clear that essentially, the local department will attend to policing the rest of the town, while state police will run the show where this is concerned; with probable federal assistance.

Btw, I can't find the comment now, but someone further up in this thread stated that a woman had also been shot by police and grazed on the side of the head. The comment also said that no one was doing anything about this woman and that her gunshot wound came at the hands of a police officer. Last night's news reported that that gun shot actually came from within the crowd, not from the police.

As for me, I will continue to follow Ben or Edgar or whomever said it:
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see".

There should be accountability for our journalism and media outlets. It is completely irresponsible for them to report this situation in their usual biased manner. I try to watch different outlets & networks in the hopes I might be able to piece together a more accurate reporting - - last night on CNN out of Hong Kong, a British woman was reporting on the unrest as it was happening and pointedly left out crucial details. I'm beginning to think all of media is made up of the same slime as all politicians. Getting harder and harder to believe ANYONE.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 PM

12 posts, read 15,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Let's try to be a little realistic here.

First of all, no officer on regular patrol is going to have his weapon loaded with rubber bullets nor, under circumstances such as those that occurred, is he going to take a time-out to load some up.

Second, perhaps not all officers in this small department have Tasers.

Third, under duress you normally shoot for center of mass, not a small target like a foot.

Fourth, he wasn't shot in the back as some like to allege, the wounds aren't consistent with having his arms raised in supplication and maybe, just maybe, he might have been coming after the officer after maybe having tried to go for his gun. What we do know is that he was 6'4" tall, 292 lbs. and that's a formidable opponent.

Finally, none of us were there so none of know what really did happen.

The jury is still out on most of it!
maybe he should of used his shot gun that would of put lots more holes in him right

Old 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This post sums it up and should be pasted all over the internet and sent to the media....enough is enough here, it's got to stop....
and I agree, and feel the exact same way....

Don, I'm asking your permission, can I go into some of the online news reports and post this, and am asking everyone, for once in your life, do something and post this all over the place, if Don allows it...
Thank you

Creme
when a man shoots another man its called murder when a cop shots a man your saying its justafiable isnt there a death penalty down in the holler

Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattieracoon View Post
maybe he should of used his shot gun that would of put lots more holes in him right
Maybe, just maybe, comments like that are inflammatory and could be construed as ignorant since none of us know what actually happened.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:13 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattieracoon View Post
the cop had a choice to taze him or use a rubber bullet or use a killing wepon or possibly shoot him in the foot or somewerelow but come on man not in the chest after all you are inescent on thill proven gilty but in this case he had a choice and slottered the youngster
Your post tells me you have zero experience in situations where deadly force may be utilized.
Did the officer even have a taser... could he have deployed it in the car,,, we don't generally carry rubber bullets as patrol officers,, rubber bullets are generally discharged from either shotguns or 37 mm arwens,,, neither readily deployable

We are lucky to hit suspects center mass, foot shots. Laughable...

Youngster? .... how about 18 year old potential thugster

18 year olds protect all of us as young men in our military

Mr Brown could be in service to his country and not in a casket serving race haters

Old 08-18-2014, 06:58 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE. I just watched 15 minutes of Anderson Cooper discussing the surveillance video with a panel of legal eagles. One of Anderson's repeated comments was that the release of the surveillance video was character assassination. Well OK, Anderson...then why the hell does the video keep replaying over and over while Anderson is yammering away? He is just as bad as the rest. Which is it AC - inflammatory character assassination? Or typical journalistic greed for ratings and sensationalism? If it's so bad, then kill the feed. Don't play the, "well it's already been released - doesn't matter now" routine. Disgusted with our society! Everyone has an agenda - screw the truth and screw justice...no one on either side seems to give a damn anymore.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:42 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Your post tells me you have zero experience in situations where deadly force may be utilized.
Did the officer even have a taser... could he have deployed it in the car,,, we don't generally carry rubber bullets as patrol officers,, rubber bullets are generally discharged from either shotguns or 37 mm arwens,,, neither readily deployable

We are lucky to hit suspects center mass, foot shots. Laughable...

Youngster? .... how about 18 year old potential thugster

18 year olds protect all of us as young men in our military

Mr Brown could be in service to his country and not in a casket serving race haters
Just want to say thanks for your service as a cop (if you are one).

I really hate how cops are being portrayed by the media and some of these "protesters". Just like every profession, I'm sure some cops are real jerks (I have met some), but by far and large, I think they really are great people that are only doing what they are trained to do for their own safety.

Where would all these protesters be if that was a black cop shot dead laying in the street by some thug?

Having spent a great deal of time riding with cops, I'm sure that 99% of them don't think about race when they do their jobs, they just try to get the thugs off the streets and try to stay alive doing it.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:54 AM

Default center of mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Let's try to be a little realistic here.

First of all, no officer on regular patrol is going to have his weapon loaded with rubber bullets nor, under circumstances such as those that occurred, is he going to take a time-out to load some up.

Second, perhaps not all officers in this small department have Tasers.

Third, under duress you normally shoot for center of mass, not a small target like a foot.

Fourth, he wasn't shot in the back as some like to allege, the wounds aren't consistent with having his arms raised in supplication and maybe, just maybe, he might have been coming after the officer after maybe having tried to go for his gun. What we do know is that he was 6'4" tall, 292 lbs. and that's a formidable opponent.

Finally, none of us were there so none of know what really did happen.

The jury is still out on most of it!
does that mean the heart area

Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE. I just watched 15 minutes of Anderson Cooper discussing the surveillance video with a panel of legal eagles. One of Anderson's repeated comments was that the release of the surveillance video was character assassination. Well OK, Anderson...then why the hell does the video keep replaying over and over while Anderson is yammering away? He is just as bad as the rest. Which is it AC - inflammatory character assassination? Or typical journalistic greed for ratings and sensationalism? If it's so bad, then kill the feed. Don't play the, "well it's already been released - doesn't matter now" routine. Disgusted with our society! Everyone has an agenda - screw the truth and screw justice...no one on either side seems to give a damn anymore.
If you ask me, the character assassination is being done to the cop, not the thug he killed. You are right - absolutely despicable. I'm getting where I can't watch it on TV anymore because it's just so ridiculous. It's okay for the "eyewitnesses" to put out inflammatory information (which the autopsy has disproved), but it's not okay for the other side to put out information to support their claims? The news networks should just stop covering it. All they are doing is fanning the flames.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:41 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Just want to say thanks for your service as a cop (if you are one).

I really hate how cops are being portrayed by the media and some of these "protesters". Just like every profession, I'm sure some cops are real jerks (I have met some), but by far and large, I think they really are great people that are only doing what they are trained to do for their own safety.

Where would all these protesters be if that was a black cop shot dead laying in the street by some thug?

Having spent a great deal of time riding with cops, I'm sure that 99% of them don't think about race when they do their jobs, they just try to get the thugs off the streets and try to stay alive doing it.
Worth a rep, sir. We solidly agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies