Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:22 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,387,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Hockey Player View Post
People realized she's a clown and all she had to offer in 2008 was a vagina.
Shame on you.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:24 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,422,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I really miss Sara speaking. Every time she did, it made me laugh/smile.
Its not nice to laugh at the mentally challenged.

I

Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,539,223 times
Another one? Interesting, these Sarah Palin threads around here I don't get the attraction...at all.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Another one? Interesting, these Sarah Palin threads around here I don't get the attraction...at all.
It's an opportunity for people who have problems discussing facts, logic, and ideas. Here's a topic where they feel comfortable spewing their schoolyard taunts, such as #posts 2, 3, and 5. This can be done in a two sentence post, which is about all these folks can handle. In short, it is about them, not about Palin.

Sarah Palin has opted to back a bunch of long shot tea party challengers such as Katrina Pierson in TX, who challenged a powerful incumbent and predictably lost. When you swing for the fences, often times you strike out. But sometimes this is just a matter of setting the stage for the next election. Mia Love was supported by Palin in 2012, lost by a little over 700 votes, and now is poised to become US rep for the Utah 4th CD.

Palin was, as the WaPo predicted, the star of the show at CPAC earlier this year. Reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled one and two sentence schoolyard taunts from the left-wing faithful.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 PM

594 posts, read 346,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I never cared for her but did not speak against her. She made it too easy for the left, media, etc. to make fun of her.

But then you have nasty comments like the one above that are just plain ugly.
Agreed. Mention the name Palin and the most foul, hate-filled, misogynistic lefties come out to insult, malign, and rage against her. It's all good though, it shows us just who these people are.

The myth that those liberal progressives are open minded and respectful of the rights, feeling and opinions of others, is like the Islamofascists who try to cliam Islam is the religion of peace.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,262,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I never cared for her but did not speak against her. She made it too easy for the left, media, etc. to make fun of her.

But then you have nasty comments like the one above that are just plain ugly.
Well, when she sounds like an idiot, what do you expect?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,471,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Once upon a time, an endorsement from Sarah Palin was eagerly sought by Republican candidates. Today, not so much, and it may even work against them.

WASHINGTON: Palin goes 0 for 2 in Alaska as clout disappears nationally - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com
Who cares ?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:05 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,799,347 times
Quote:
Once upon a time, an endorsement from Sarah Palin was eagerly sought by Republican candidates. Today, not so much, and it may even work against them.

WASHINGTON: Palin goes 0 for 2 in Alaska as clout disappears nationally - Politics Wires - MiamiHerald.com
Well, she stopped dressing like a topless dancer, for one thing!

Seriously, she still holds a lot of sway with the ideologue right. Some from that group still talk about how great a president she would be.

I say no more amateurs.We've seen all too well what an amateur can do when elected to the highest office in the land. Obama continues to be a miserable failure. But at least he hasnt suffered heart attacks while on the golf course. Imagine, the president who makes Jimmy Carter look good.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,422,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Well, she stopped dressing like a topless dancer, for one thing!

Seriously, she still holds a lot of sway with the ideologue right. Some from that group still talk about how great a president she would be.

I say no more amateurs.We've seen all too well what an amateur can do when elected to the highest office in the land. Obama continues to be a miserable failure. But at least he hasnt suffered heart attacks while on the golf course. Imagine, the president who makes Jimmy Carter look good.
Not really.

My dad is hardcore, Obama the antichrist, full on conservative. The older he gets, the more Republican he becomes. I mean hardcore right wing Republican.

His wife, my step mother, went on and on about Sarah Palins book years ago. Now her name isn't mentioned in the house except to say, "What the hell is she talking about now" when she pops up on Fox news.

No, even the right wing ideologues are pretty much done with her. Time to drop off the pop culture radar. See you on "2000s" on VH1 or the History Channel

Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM

553 posts, read 596,905 times
Quote:
It is curious how the hard-core Republican base (real 'muricans) still support and defend her on these boards, but her endorsed candidates are losing nationwide. I am interested if this is an indicator of a nationwide trend among Republican supporters.
The Tea Party--of which Sarah Palin is a leading figure--is very much alive and well. Her candidates really are not doing all that badly, but are going up against an entrenched bureaucracy. Very rarely does the first assault on a heavily fortified position succeed--but the position is weakened and it will be brought down with blow after blow. Once a strong point is taken everything around it goes as well. Some pretty dramatic changes are coming. Cracks are already appearing in the GOP. The Tea Party will get several more candidates in office this year, and 2016 will see a lot more change in the GOP. Look for several retirements with Tea Party candidates taking their place and look for a lot more to tack to the right because that's where the wind is blowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies