Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:54 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times

Advertisements

That is a clear lack of understanding of the issues in the middle east. Curious they don't think someone that invades a sovereign nation , kills hundreds of thousands of its citizens, unseats its leader had anything to do with middle east instability.

Oh wait, everything is Obama's fault... including right wing stupidity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 12:55 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
That is a clear lack of understanding of the issues in the middle east. Curious they don't think someone that invades a sovereign nation , kills hundreds of thousands of its citizens, unseats its leader had anything to do with middle east instability.

Oh wait, everything is Obama's fault... including right wing stupidity?
He drove them to it. Thanks Obama!

Old 08-22-2014, 02:27 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Larry King Live - February 10, 2010
Interview with Vice President Joe Biden

Vice President Joe Biden said Iraq "could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government."
The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

Team Obama did the Victory Dance in October 2010 - "stable Iraq", "we got exactly what we wanted".
They did get what they wanted ...... and now they (and we) will bear the consequences of that. They were bragging about the "stability" and it was "stable" while we had stability troops in Iraq, just as Germany, Japan and Korea have remained "stable" with stability troops in the area.

Team Obama thought they knew a better way - they were wrong.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Larry King Live - February 10, 2010
Interview with Vice President Joe Biden

Vice President Joe Biden said Iraq "could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government."
The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."

Team Obama did the Victory Dance in October 2010 - "stable Iraq", "we got exactly what we wanted".
They did get what they wanted ...... and now they (and we) will bear the consequences of that. They were bragging about the "stability" and it was "stable" while we had stability troops in Iraq, just as Germany, Japan and Korea have remained "stable" with stability troops in the area.

Team Obama thought they knew a better way - they were wrong.
Darn them for following the guidelines Bush provided. I remember when this occurred and the VAST majority on the right here kept saying Obama couldn't take credit for Bush's plans.

The reality? Iraq's elected government asked us to leave. We had no valid reason to refuse. Especially after some of the private military contractors started messing stuff up.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
. Muslims in the ME have been killing each other and anyone else they can get their hands on for 1000 years. Neither Bush, Obama or anyone else is going to change that. I see no reason to waste any more American lives trying to help the people of the ME. We should get and keep all of our people out and let them keep doing what they do. Not our country, not our problem.
I agree.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Pat Buchanan:

Quote:

The threat of the Islamic State should not be minimized. It would provide a
breeding and training ground for terrorists to attack us and the West. But it
should not be wildly exaggerated to plunge us into a new war.

For wherever ISIS has won ground, it has, through atrocities and beheadings,
imposition of Sharia law, and ruthless repression, alienated almost everyone,
including al-Qaida.

Should ISIS succeed in holding northern Syria and western Iraq, who will recognize this caliphate? Who will trade with it? How will it hold the allegiance of peoples upon whom it is even now imposing terrorist rule?

The Sunni of Iraq are already chaffing against ISIS rule. How long will
Turks, Syrians, Iraqis, Kurds and Iranians tolerate a Talibanized Islamic State
right next door? And should ISIS attack the United States, we have more than
sufficient means to retaliate, without sending in American troops.
ISIS has enough enemies in the ME. Let them take care of ISIS.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:01 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The Middle East that Obama inherited in 2009 was largely at peace, for the surge in Iraq had beaten down the al Qaeda-linked groups. U.S. relations with traditional allies in the Gulf, Jordan, Israel and Egypt were very good. Iran was contained, its Revolutionary Guard forces at home. Today, terrorism has metastasized in Syria and Iraq, Jordan is at risk, the humanitarian toll is staggering, terrorist groups are growing fast and relations with U.S. allies are strained.

Read more: The Man Who Broke the Middle East - Elliott Abrams - POLITICO Magazine

Yes, he has been a failure on EVERY front.
Sorry, but everything you wrote was wrong. No matter who took office, Obama, McCain, Romney or the tooth fairy, none of those people are responsible for the middle east being a mess. The Arab spring would have started without Obama or whatever President was in office.

Iran was far from contained after the US invaded Iraq. It has been emboldened ever since.

Other than you want to whine and blame Obama for every little thing you have no point.

Want to blame someone for destabilizing the region? How about blaming the people that said we had to topple the only guy on the planet able to hold Iraq together based on some secret information that they had WMD's.

The only thing that is a failure on every front here is your post. Obama won the election. Get over it. Posting every little thing here to whine about the guy is like child crying after they lose a game.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:34 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
I stopped at middle east was largely at peace.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,573,759 times
George W freakin idiot war criminal Bush is the one and only cause of todays near total instability in the middle east. His foreign policies are just way beyond stupid and border on insanity. His attack on Iraq not only was a colossal failure on it's own but it greatly strengthened America's biggest enemies in the region and near totally destabilized the regimes of all of the US allies. It really does not get much worse than that in the sorry history of American stupidity.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, Barack Obama is a failed President....let me count the ways.

But anyone who blames him for "breaking the Middle East" is about 10 years old. These threads just keep getting more laughable by the day.
I agree, to some extent. I'd sooner blame the CIA for not accomplishing their covert ops as they should be. NOW, we hear mainstream channels bringing on their retired Colonels and Generals who are saying we need to infiltrate ISIS and start working them from the inside... but that's like saying we need to stop Japan 2 days after Pearl.

It's all a little late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies